• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Scared Silly But Loving It

I can't wait to see you get wild and crazy!!!! I am loving the picture collage. Looks to be agreat trip!

Day 1

It had finally arrived. This was the day our holiday had officially begun. At times I wondered if it ever would get here, but it suddenly arrived very quickly. We had originally planned to go on holiday in mid September, but that had fallen through for a variety of reasons. I have to admit though that it is very nice to go away just as it is getting colder and have some time to relax in the run up to Christmas. There was not a great deal of relaxing going on in the run up to this trip. Since I started planning this, there were a number of pitfalls and setbacks. Indeed, the last elements did not fall into place until less than two weeks before we left. It also turned into a rather different holiday than I had envisaged originally. Rather than the majority of the holiday being a cruise, I would spend a large part of it in various theme parks, but still got to do a short cruise. So really I had the best of both worlds as I had really fallen in love with the holiday season in the parks last year. The fact that I got to meet some amazing people on the way, both old friends and new made this all the sweeter. We had ended up with another holiday of a lifetime.

I had booked a car service that we always use to take me to the airport and they are normally either early or bang on time. So I got a little nervous when the car had still not arrived 15 minutes after the arranged time. I gave them a call and the car arrived a couple of minutes later. I was in the hotel by 16:15. I checked in and took the luggage up to the room. I quickly took some photos and then settled down in the Club Lounge. I checked in online an then just chilled out. I had some J2O juice drink and they even had a limited edition called Glitterberry, which is a mix of grape juice, cherry juice and spices and rather nice. There was also a change to the offerings in the Club Lounge that I rather liked. They had the most delicious chocolate chip cookies out when I got there.

Once I had finished my cookie and my drink, I went to check if Graham had arrived. He was waiting in the lobby. He actually had brought his mobile phone and had texted me, but i had left my mobile in the room charging. Fortunately he only had to wait about 15 minutes. We took his luggage and my iPad back to the room. By then the cocktail hour had started and we went back to the Club Lounge for some pre-dinner drinks. Graham had a Budweiser and I had a Gin and Tonic. We also both had some Chinese dumplings and Graham had a prawn canapé and I had one with hummus. Once we finished our drinks, we headed over to Sampans Oriental Restaurant for some dinner.

This has always been one of my favourite restaurants and as far as I was concerned, it did not disappoint this time either. Graham did not think that it was as good as on previous visits. Part of that may have been down to them changing the set menu around and the dishes that are now included in this would not be dishes we would normally go for. We started with Chicken and Sweetcorn Soup. We the had a mixed starter, which consisted of Chicken Dumplings, Crispy Seaweed and Sesame Prawn Toast. For our main courses we had Egg Fried Rice, Sweet and Sour Chicken, Sizzling Beef in Black Been Sauce and Prawn Pad Thai. Once we were finished with this little lot, we were ready to burst.

It was still cocktail hour in the Club Lounge. As we both only had a Coke with dinner, we headed back to the Club Lounge for another drink. Graham had another Budweiser and I had some Cointreau. I also made use of the Internet in the Club Lounge once more to check in online. Once I was finished with this and we both had finished our drinks, we went back to the room and got ready for bed. It was still only 21:00, but I had an early start in the morning and had not slept very well the previous night. Pretty much as soon as my head hit the pillow, I was sound asleep.

The hotel looks really nice and I love their Christmas decorations. Dinner sounds yummy!

Jill in CO

Sounds like a very calm start to the trip. The Oriental restaurant sounds good. I still like what you ordered!

Great looking room and the food looks delish. Looks like a great start to the trip.

The hotel looks really nice and I love their Christmas decorations. Dinner sounds yummy!

Jill in CO

This is one of my favourite non-Disney hotels. They seem to change their Christmas decorations every year. Last year they were green and had an Irish theme.

Sounds like a very calm start to the trip. The Oriental restaurant sounds good. I still like what you ordered!

I needed this time to just relax. In May we went to the airport on the morning we left and it took me a couple of days to get into vacation-mode. This time round I was in vacation-mode before I even fell asleep.

Great looking room and the food looks delish. Looks like a great start to the trip.

The food was delicious.

Corinna

Glad you were able to get right into vacation mode. Other than the late driver this looks and sounds like a wonderful evening :)

Glad you were able to get right into vacation mode. Other than the late driver this looks and sounds like a wonderful evening :)

It really was a nice start to the vacation. I noticed in May that when I stay at home the last night before the vacation, I think of 101 different things that I need to do and then it takes longer to settle down. There is not a great deal to do at the hotel so I am just forced to relax.

Corinna

It was a great surprise to meet Heather. I was also very relieved when she mentioned that she had just met you. I know that you were due to fly out on the Thursday and I had seen on Facebook that the weather was pretty nasty in Manchester that day. So I was not sure if you had made it.

I am just uploading the last of the photos that I already have. Tomorrow I will edit the last of the Photopass photos and then I can order the CD. I hope it will arrive nice and quickly as I think I have too many to download. Fortunately I have 4 days first before I need those photos.

Corinna

Oh Corinna, I was worried sick about the flight at you know with all the severe weather warnings that had been issued :scared1:

Well I honestly don't know what I was worried about as it was one of the most smoothes flights we have ever had :lmao:

Your food in the hotel looks :lovestruc:lovestruc

Really looking forward to the next update :thumbsup2

Corinna, right after I messaged you I was able to locate your report. Now to get caught up....

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter