Saying goodbye to Max

Pete - Kim and I are so sorry to hear about Max, we know how difficult it can be to lose a loved one. Celebrate his life and not his passing as you gain strength from Walter and your friends and family.

:earsboy: Bill

I also read and responded on facebook, but after reading your feelings (more in depth here) I wanted to say again that I feel your pain but rest easy knowing you made the toughest but the right choice for Max.

I made a similar decision several years ago and went through the same emotions and self-doubts as I was making the decision but after having made the decision to let my sweet dog go and have peace, I never regretted it. It was the right decision, just very hard to do.

Thank you for sharing such an emotional and painful story with us. Our prayers are with you and Walter (and your mom) for comfort and healing. Making the decision to let your sweet boy go is one of the hardest decisions we ever make, and he's lucky that you have been such a good dad to him in health and in sickness. I'm so glad he was able to say goodbye to you and that you were able to be there to comfort him as he left this world.

Sending lots and lots of hugs and pixie dust your way for both Max and Figaro. :grouphug:pixiedust:

I didn't ever meet Max but fell in love with him form the way the whole team spoke of him and hearing him woof or tippy toe on the podcast.

You got me when you say he rested his head on is mallard as my little Button does just the same with his duck each night.

Bob will be looking out of both Max and Figaro. :grouphug:

Pete and Walter, I am so sorry for your loss. I know how much my dogs mean to me and have lost one. It is horrible. Hope you can find some comfort.

Oh Pete: I am so sorry for your loss. I am sitting here in tears. You are in my thoughts and prayers.

:grouphug: Todd and I are sending you thoughts and prayers during this sad time for you both. I too had to make a difficult decision to let my dachshund Herra go after 15 years. It was the first time I had seen Todd cry. Today I was eating breakfast with my parents and noticed a picture on thier window sill of my Daddy and neice in our swimming pool with Herra standing there licking them. A year after her death a new precious soul entered our life--her name is Trinity and she is a Jack Russell. We do not have children and she is the perfect daughter to us.

Take care of each other and know that you are both special--so many people have never known the love of a pet, but you knew it and cherished it...what a wonderful gift.

Pete, I want to extend my condolences to you for Max's passing.

I know how hard it is to lose a furry friend. They give you so much unconditional love, and don't ask for any in return. But you can't help returning their love and devotion in spades.

I know you did that for Max. I am a long-time listener, and I know how much love and devotion you gave to Max, in good times and in bad.

I am so sorry. Take care, and know we are all thinking of you, Walter, and Max.

Sharon

I'm gonna miss hearing Max running around while the podcast was recording.

He was a part of the podcast team too!

Hugs! :grouphug:

Two years ago, right around this time of year, we had to make the same difficult decision. Our dog, Sebastian, was only 8 and the first place I turned to was the Disboards. The outpouring of love and support was overwhelming. Hugs to you and Walter and everyone else that Max made smile. :grouphug:

Hugs from KY to you and Walter and everyone who was touched by Max. We will miss hearing his little tap dancing feet on the podcast!

So sorry for your loss. You are in my prayers. I will be hugging my kitties a little tighter this weekend.

Sorry for your loss ... He was part of the family, part of the team, all these years of listening.

So sorry to hear about Max. Pets are so amazing. They truly teach us what unconditional love is.

Pete and Walter, I am so sorry for your loss. I was never a dog person and DH and I got our Abbie three years ago...now I can't imagine life without her. Wishing you comfort and loads of happy memories.

Pete,

I am reading / writing this posting while waiting at the AKL bus depot heading to DTD before flying back to Long Island.

While I have never owned any pet ... I remember people who were supportive of me during good times and bad ... Having a pet giving you unconditional support is something you will never forget and always appreciate.

Best Wishes,

DR NYKCB (Ken)

Pete and Walter I am so so sorry. I know how difficult it must have been.
My thoughts and prayers are with you on your loss.

love John and Christy

So sorry for your loss. After I read your post I immediately called my dog over and gave him a hug!!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter