Saying goodbye to Max

So very sorry for your loss ! I'm sitting here looking at my fur babies curled up next to one another and can't imagine life without them, but know I will some day. I pray for your peace. I'm so very glad you and Walter made that hard and difficult decision.my heart goes out to you both.

Pete & Walter,

I am so sorry for your loss. We lost our dachshund to pancreatitis and complications this past summer and I feel for you both. Just remember that you did the right thing. He's not in pain any longer.

Lynn

Pete and Walter,
We send our condolences to the both of you in this time of grieving and emptiness in your heart for Max. We can only hope you will look back and reflect on the memories of the good and solemn times you both experienced with Max and the impact he added to your lives with smiles and laughter. May God bless you both and help you get through this tough time.

I am so sorry for your loss. I too know the knives in the heart when our beloved companion crosses the rainbow bridge. Hugs to you and Walter.

Pete and Walter...I am so sorry for your loss. Although I have never owned a pet, I understand how a pet can be like a child. I could hear through your voices that Max was loved and had a wonderful life. I loved listening to his tap dancing during the podcast and I will miss hearing that.

Hugs to you both!!!

Pete and Walter, We both are so sorry to hear about your loss. We know Max will have a special place in your hearts forever

As I said on FB thoughts for Walter and you, Pete.
It has been strange in recent podcasts not hearing Max patting about the studios. :grouphug:

If you never had a pet, I guess it is hard to understand what Pete is going through....
But if you have had a pet in the past and now, you know exactly what Pete is saying....
There is something about a pet, their unconditional love, that something they have inside of them, knowing when you are sick/ feeeling down/ despressed, and what ever the case maybe, just knowing with them by your side/ no justing for what you have done/ for who you are/ just knowing that their love will always be there for you no matter what.

I still hurt to this day for my specail girl....But knowing that she will always be with me/ that she is no longer hurting/ suffering/ and in a better place.

GOD SPEED MAX!

Robin & Angel "D" :grouphug:

I'm so sorry for your loss. You are very lucky to have loved something that much that it hurts so bad to lose.

So sorry for the loss of your pets. I hope you can think of all your happy memories with them over the holidays.

Pete,
So sorry to hear about Max. Sounds like Max was your "soul" dog. I lost my "soul" dog, Mickey in April. One of Mickey's favorite toys was also a stuffed duck.
RIP sweet Max

RAINBOW BRIDGE POEM
'There is a bridge connecting Heaven and Earth. It is called the Rainbow Bridge because of its many colors. Just this side of the Rainbow Bridge there is a land of meadows, hills and valleys with lush green grass.

When a beloved pet dies, the pet goes to this place. There is always food and water and warm spring weather. All the animals who have been ill and old are restored to health and vigor; those who were hurt or maimed are made whole and strong again, just as we remember them in our dreams of days and times gone by.

The animals are happy and content, except for one small thing; they each miss someone very special to them, who had to be left behind. They all run and play together, but the day comes when one suddenly stops and looks into the distance. His bright eyes are intent; his eager body begins to quiver. Suddenly he begins to run from the group, flying over the green grass, his legs carrying him faster and faster. You have been spotted, and when you and your special friend finally meet, you cling together in joyous reunion. The happy kisses rain upon your face; your hands again caress the beloved head, and you look once more into the trusting eyes of your pet, so long gone from your life but never absent from your heart.

Then you cross the Rainbow Bridge together, never again to be separated.'

Your Max looks almost identical to my "first child", Cheyanne. She was with me for almost 17 years! We also faced the same awful choice a little over a year ago. It was one if the most painful day if my life. But I feel so lucky and blessed to have had all the time I did with her, as I am sure you feel about Max. So my condolences but also my thanks because your picture made me think about my Chey-girl and made me smile.

Been there done that got the tee shirt! It is sooo hard to let them go even when it is for the best. God be with you both.

My heart goes out to, Pete. It's so tough to make that decision. My sister's cat was diagnosed with cancer last week and she decided on treatment. It's been a tough week for her and her fur baby. Unfortunately he was having a difficult day yesterday and as she was rushing him to the vet he died in her lap as she was driving!

It's very sad, especially during the holidays.

Pete and Walter,

I am so sorry for your loss. It is a horrible thing to have to face. Rest in the beautiful last moments you were able to spend with him. There aren't word that can make it better. Just know the great love you shared is what made him an amazing family member. Thinking of you both...

I'm so sorry to hear about losing Max. He was a sweet & loving pet. I know how much you will miss him.

Pete, I'm so sorry for your loss. I'm glad you were able to be with him at the end.

It is 12:11 in the morning and I just got done laying on our living room floor with our cat Jack. I like to do that often. Kinda get down there on his level. He is a funny little guy. We adopted him 9 years ago. He only has 3 legs and we felt like maybe no one would give him a chance. So, we did! Im not sure how long he sat there waiting to be given a home and how many people walked by him. But they all missed out on a wonderful fuzzy little buddy! I am sorry for your loss Pete and Walter. I have been listening to your podcast for years and know your pets really are family. I will give Jack an extra hug tonight. Maybe even an extra snack!

I don't know why but this post made me cry. I already gave my condolences on facebook but thought I should here as well. So sorry to hear of Max's passing he was such a loving and loved pup.

I often say to my kitty that she is my best friend sometimes(next to my husband). All she wants is to be fed, played with or just a warm lap to sit in and she is happy, with a loving scratch here and there. If only things that small made me happy as well, though I wonder if that's why me have pets to remind us that it's the small things that are most important sometimes.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter