SandraC ºoº DAY TWO ~ MK & CBR

SandraC

Longs for the feeling of sandy salt water in her k
DAY TWO!

After waking and watching the sunrise over the Atlantic my family and I enjoyed a nice breakfast in our room. It was a beautiful day, as was all the days during our trip. We orginally thought we would spend the day on the beach and drive to CBR around 3 pm but we spent tons of time on the beach the previous day and we SURPRISED ourselves with an EXTRA Disney day! So off we went to WDW first thing in the morning!

We drove (record time) to CBR to check in. We arrived around 10:30 am or so. I was very specific about the room I wanted (corner room, top floor, Aruba or Barbados, near the pool) I faxed my request about 4 days previous to arrival. Upon arrival, we were greeted in the Customs House parking lot by a very regal looking gentlemen all dress up in period clothes. He was lovely and friendly and started our CBR experience with charm and delight. Having read so many different reports about CBR I was concerned about service and the room. But I was VERY pleased. We entered the CH and it was lovely. There was only one family in front of us and they finished up as we approached. dd was given tons of Disney stuff, books, stickers, colouring pages etc.,. The CM that gave them to her as very funny and spent time with dd while I checked in. I got the room I requested, Aruba 5249. It would be ready that afternoon so off to MK!

We purchased 7 day hopper passes, the Canadian deal of buy one get the companion pass half price. It was a very good deal. But since we got vouchures instead of actual tickets we had to line up for the tickets. That was okay though.

Once in MK we saw Pluto right away and got autograph and pictures. (BTW dd got 50 autographs, I counted them today). We went to Tomorrowland and went on: Astro Orbitor and Race cars, we went to Fantasyland and went on Pooh, Snow White, Peter Pan. We went to lunch at Columbia House which I thought I hadn't be to before, but I was wrong, been there twice before. It was good.

We walked towards Splash Mountain and saw the 3 pm parade. ds was amazed and he is only 15 months old!

We went back to CBR around 4 pm and eat dinner at CBR. We unpacked, swam in the main pool and went back to our room.

At 9pm we saw Illuminations! I was surprised and delighted at how much of Illuminations we saw!

We called it a night around 10 pm ~ we were tired!

Stay tuned for DAY THREE ~ Cinderella's Royal Table Character Breakfast and more MK and Blizzard Beach!

Sounds like you had a wonderful first day at WDW. I'm looking forward to reading the next day's events. :D

I'm sorry it's taken me so long to get to your reports Sandra, I'm just pokey. LOL!

I'm very glad to hear that your room requests worked out for you, I know you were concerned about it. Sounds like you had a very busy day.

Kim :D

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter