San Diego Oct 1/Oct 5 B2B

JWelch62

DIS Veteran
I plan to post updates on the first revenue cruises out of San Diego to this thread. I'll try answer any questions on testing, embarkation, B2B protocols, etc. I will likely limit this to times when I have cell coverage, but I'll do my best.

If anyone else is on these cruises, please feel free to add to this thread.

I’ll be on the October 1 sailing!

Awesome, please join in on any questions there may be. You may see them before I do. And if we are arriving at different times our experiences may be different (Our PAT is 11:00). Also, we won't be travelling with any children, so if you are your check-in may be a bit different.

You are so awesome to do this, would love to know if they did any of the big movies like 10 Rings or Jungle Cruise in the big Walt Disney theater, and I know you won't probably be able to let us know before we are passing each other as you get off on the 8th and we board on the 8th, but if anyone would tell you, if the 3 night cruises will have both the pirate theme night AND a Halloween night (we do have a tween), as we won't drag all our Pirate stuff if it is being omitted on the shorter ones. We have 3 nights so we are Really hoping they do both but a heads up would be Super appreciated for packing. Which show they kept onboard and if there is any other entertainer like a magician or something, other than the main show? Hope you have an amazing time !!! .And Huge, Huge Thanks

You are so awesome to do this, would love to know if they did any of the big movies like 10 Rings or Jungle Cruise in the big Walt Disney theater, and I know you won't probably be able to let us know before we are passing each other as you get off on the 8th and we board on the 8th, but if anyone would tell you, if the 3 night cruises will have both the pirate theme night AND a Halloween night (we do have a tween), as we won't drag all our Pirate stuff if it is being omitted on the shorter ones. We have 3 nights so we are Really hoping they do both but a heads up would be Super appreciated for packing. Which show they kept onboard and if there is any other entertainer like a magician or something, other than the main show? Hope you have an amazing time !!! .And Huge, Huge Thanks

Thanks.

My assumption for the 3N is that day 2 is Pirate themed, and day 3 is Halloween themed. Pirate night is historically on the Ensenada day on the 3N itineraries. I should be able to get these details as soon as we board for the 3N. (It should be in the app). As to movies, I would imagine that they are the same fleet wide, and that they won't change between the 4N and the 3N.

I plan to post updates on the first revenue cruises out of San Diego to this thread. I'll try answer any questions on testing, embarkation, B2B protocols, etc. I will likely limit this to times when I have cell coverage, but I'll do my best.

If anyone else is on these cruises, please feel free to add to this thread.

leaving on 10/27 San Diego Halloween curious if you can share how the kids clubs work, currently we are signed up one session a day but hoping for more time so we can do Palo and spa

leaving on 10/27 San Diego Halloween curious if you can share how the kids clubs work, currently we are signed up one session a day but hoping for more time so we can do Palo and spa

We'll probably not get any information on the kids club since our youngest is 19 and away at college 🤣

I'll see if I can find anything out

Eeeek I can't believe this is finally tomorrow! We'll hopefully be getting on the ship when you're getting off but I still will be looking for any updates you might be able to provide before you get back. Bon voyage!

I'm so excited for your updates! We don't sail on her until June to Alaska, but I am dying to hear how things go! If you see him, say hi to one of my favorite cast members, Axel!

Ok, first update. Our port arrival time was 11:00. We walked over to the port at 10:45 and got in line. They are enforcing PATs, so there's no benefit to showing up early. We dropped off our luggage and entered the terminal. Each person gets a plastic bag with a testing kit. Your party will enter a small area behind curtains where you will self administer your test. It's a simple nasal swab that doesn't go too deep. 5 second in each nostril. Once you've taken your test you go to security where you will go through a metal detector, just as before. Once you're past security you will wait on the terminal for your results. We were quoted 45 minutes. I'll let you know how long it actually takes...

Last edited:
You have no idea how exciting it is to follow along and now know what to expect. You are super great to take the time out to share, just know everyone super appreciates you doing this. Every tidbit is just adding to the anticipation and reducing the worries- we'll love any and all details, super excited that you are already on your way- thank you!

Ok, first update. Our port arrival time was 11:00. We walked over to the port at 10:45 and got in line. They are enforcing PATs, so there's no benefit to showing up early. We dropped off our luggage and entered the terminal.

They allowed you to begin the process at 10:45? or did they make you wait in the line until 11? We have an 11 PAT on our 10/31 sailing...

You have no idea how exciting it is to follow along and now know what to expect. You are super great to take the time out to share, just know everyone super appreciates you doing this. Every tidbit is just adding to the anticipation and reducing the worries- we'll love any and all details, super excited that you are already on your way- thank you!
I agree very exciting thanks

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter