San Diego Hotels

TammyAlphabet

DIS Veteran<br><font color=red>Life Member - "excl
I am looking for a hotel in San Diego that is close to the beach, SeaWorld, and the Zoo/Wild Animal Park, that is clean and nicely appointed with a small frig and microwave in the room. Can anyone give me some suggestions?

We love paradise point resort and spa. It's close to sea world, close to the beach, but not close to the wild animal park. It can be expensive although you can get some good deals on expedia, depending on when you are going. I don't think it has a microwave, but does have a ref. We love the tropical feel of the grounds. My daughter loves to wonder around and feed the ducks. and the pool is great.

The Wild Animal Park is about 30 miles from San Diego, so you won't find a hotel that's close to that and all of the others. :-)

The Residence Inn in Mission Valley (Hotel Circle) is pretty nice, and close to all of the rest of them. There's lots of different hotel choices in Hotel Circle - everything from Motel 6 to Holiday Inn to Doubletree and either a Hilton or Marriott.

Laura

ScooterL said:
The Residence Inn in Mission Valley (Hotel Circle) is pretty nice, and close to all of the rest of them. There's lots of different hotel choices in Hotel Circle - everything from Motel 6 to Holiday Inn to Doubletree and either a Hilton or Marriott.

That's the place that has great reviews on Trip Advisor. I really wanted to stay there but at $249+ a night plus $12 parking, it was too much for that leg of our trip. We're going to stay at the Comfort Suites Zoo/Seaworld area that has a smaller kidsuite, half the price... more mediocre reviews :confused3 oh well. As the previous poster said, there are a ton of places on Hotel Circle (check out Trip Advisor for comments).

There were also a few more inexpensive suite places in Carlsbad if you want to stay there and travel to SD (Carlsbad is where Legoland is). There was another Residence Inn (free parking and less expensive), a Radisson Suites, and an Inns of America Suites. You can do a search in Trip Advisor for just "Carlsbad Hotels."

Happy planning :)

Thanks for the info so far, I am going to check out Tripadvisor. :thumbsup2

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter