S/O Travelling without your spouse

Discussion in 'Community Board' started by disykat, May 15, 2018.

1. FlightlessDuck

FlightlessDuck Y kant Donald fly?

My wife and I are pretty connected at the hip. We wouldn't normally got on a vacation by ourselves. We have traveled, but usually it's minor and for a short time. We wouldn't take a whole vacation without the other.

But I understand other people doing it. It's just not our thing.

2. wvjules

wvjules DIS Veteran

Sad!! ;)

3. Avatar

Advertisement

4. wvjules

wvjules DIS Veteran

Sad!! ;)

Apparently it's doubly sad. Sorry for you and your H. I'd call him DH but we'll stick with H since he isn't dear enough to spend all of you time with him. Maybe AH? Average Husband?

Last edited: May 17, 2018
    sonnyjane likes this.
  5. scoutie

scoutie DIS Veteran

Ha ha! Yes. He's my BAH. Below Average Husband. No "BAE" for me.

6. Kellydelly

Kellydelly DIS Veteran

I have no desire to travel without my husband. I don't even want to do a girls weekend or anything like that. He travels for work occasionally and I know he enjoys it, though (none of the 5 of us piling on him :hyper2:!). I would do a weekend away with my kids or something like that (we own a vacation home that I am at without dh frequently). I like having dh around for travel because he is like my own personal valet. Not gonna lie, I love that! LOL. He is very good at taking care of us when we are someplace strange. I am kind of a woos about that stuff. I do love to travel, just not without him. He is my favorite person to sleep with too :love:.

MaryLovesPoohBear likes this.
  7. MaryLovesPoohBear

MaryLovesPoohBear DIS Veteran

That is interesting to think about. And very true for me as well.

I regularly go to Disney with my husband. He does most of the heavy lifting. And I mean actual lifting. He loads my scooter and unloads it. He generally totes our bags to and from the car. When I traveled with my girl friend, we had bell services tote our bags. I ended up with a number of car supplies on our cart, that I had to take off. And I had to assemble my scooter. None of this was difficult. But by the end of the week, I could certainly tell the difference. He really takes care of me.

And like you, he is my favorite person to sleep next to.

Kellydelly likes this.
  8. Micca

Micca SAHG: Stay At Home Grandfather

I can relate to this.:) DW and I travel together now, but over the years we've each taken trips to pursue interests not shared with the other party.