S/O Travelling without your spouse

My wife and I are pretty connected at the hip. We wouldn't normally got on a vacation by ourselves. We have traveled, but usually it's minor and for a short time. We wouldn't take a whole vacation without the other.

But I understand other people doing it. It's just not our thing.

My husband and I only love each other an average to below average amount, so that's why we can stand to be away from each other. :P

Sad!! ;)

Apparently it's doubly sad. Sorry for you and your H. I'd call him DH but we'll stick with H since he isn't dear enough to spend all of you time with him. Maybe AH? Average Husband?

Last edited:
Apparently it's doubly sad. Sorry for you and your H. I'd call him DH but we'll stick with H since he isn't dear enough to spend all of you time with him. Maybe AH? Average Husband?
Ha ha! Yes. He's my BAH. Below Average Husband. No "BAE" for me.

I have no desire to travel without my husband. I don't even want to do a girls weekend or anything like that. He travels for work occasionally and I know he enjoys it, though (none of the 5 of us piling on him :hyper2:!). I would do a weekend away with my kids or something like that (we own a vacation home that I am at without dh frequently). I like having dh around for travel because he is like my own personal valet. Not gonna lie, I love that! LOL. He is very good at taking care of us when we are someplace strange. I am kind of a woos about that stuff. I do love to travel, just not without him. He is my favorite person to sleep with too :love:.

I have no desire to travel without my husband. I don't even want to do a girls weekend or anything like that. He travels for work occasionally and I know he enjoys it, though (none of the 5 of us piling on him :hyper2:!). I would do a weekend away with my kids or something like that (we own a vacation home that I am at without dh frequently). I like having dh around for travel because he is like my own personal valet. Not gonna lie, I love that! LOL. He is very good at taking care of us when we are someplace strange. I am kind of a woos about that stuff. I do love to travel, just not without him. He is my favorite person to sleep with too :love:.
That is interesting to think about. And very true for me as well.

I regularly go to Disney with my husband. He does most of the heavy lifting. And I mean actual lifting. He loads my scooter and unloads it. He generally totes our bags to and from the car. When I traveled with my girl friend, we had bell services tote our bags. I ended up with a number of car supplies on our cart, that I had to take off. And I had to assemble my scooter. None of this was difficult. But by the end of the week, I could certainly tell the difference. He really takes care of me.

And like you, he is my favorite person to sleep next to.

DH has traveled to guitar player retreats, and I've gone to fiber arts seminars on both coasts. We would be absolutely miserable if we attended each other's getaways.

I can relate to this.:) DW and I travel together now, but over the years we've each taken trips to pursue interests not shared with the other party.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter