S.O.C.K. and Stitch Return to the World with a Dog **New 6/14** Day 8/9 The End p. 19

So happy you started a PTR. The kids have really grown since that last trip. The shirts are so cute.

Thanks to Chuck for his service. Congrats to you with your schooling.

You know I am in love with Baxter, he is so adorable. I am looking forward to hearing your thoughts about boarding there. Bill always talks about taking Ace with us and if we did that is where we would board, but I can't see Ace riding that far, you never know.

I hope you have a magical trip :goodvibes.

Here! I hope you have a great time!!

Thanks Amy! :goodvibes

:thumbsup2 so happy to see you guys making it back!

Me too! I'm excited to bring the boys back. :) Thanks for stopping by, Julie!

SOCK. I love it! that Baxter is SO stinkin cute :thumbsup2

Hey Cynthia :goodvibes He really is! Yesterday was his birthday and we went to the park. Everyone flocks to him like magnets. :)

So happy you started a PTR. The kids have really grown since that last trip. The shirts are so cute.

Thanks to Chuck for his service. Congrats to you with your schooling.

You know I am in love with Baxter, he is so adorable. I am looking forward to hearing your thoughts about boarding there. Bill always talks about taking Ace with us and if we did that is where we would board, but I can't see Ace riding that far, you never know.

I hope you have a magical trip :goodvibes.

Thanks so much for being here, Tracy! :hug: I will definitely post as much as I can about Best Friends for those who are interested. We're lucky that Baxter is such a good traveler. He's taken the drive up to Maine a couple of times. We're packing snacks and a lunch so we don't have to leave him in the van alone on the way down.

Less than 24 hours and we'll be on the road to our happy place! :cool1:

Yesterday I finished the last of my finals. I also made it to the grocery store and bought items for our trip--both snacks for the drive and non-perishables we'll use in the cabin. I figured the less we have to buy down there, the better.

Today I have laundry and other housework to do, finish packing, load up the van, and make one more trip for last minute items at the store. It's supposed to be a beautiful day here!

Since we'll be heading out super early tomorrow (hoping for 4 a.m.), :drive: I'm going to make a pumpkin bread tonight to bring along for breakfast along with fruit. I made up this healthy trail mix (walnuts, craisins, golden raisins, almonds, and semi-sweet chocolate chips--I purchased some pecans but couldn't find them once I got home :confused3 ):

f42d5dd1-37ea-4603-9af6-fb9eac401081_zps0dd577a6.jpg

I'm also bringing along sliced cheese and triscuits, fruit (grapes and strawberries), veggies (carrots, cukes, and cherry tomatoes). Along the way we'll stop at a rest area for lunch and make sandwiches.

My google maps app says it's 10 hours and 49 minutes to the hotel from our house. I'm hoping we can get to the hotel by 5. We'll grab dinner somewhere and let the boys swim.

I'm sure I'll check in at some point on the trip. How about one final look at the weather? :cool2:

680dfa6e-bf70-4726-b3e2-ee3445690848_zps17986285.jpg

I'm even more excited about the cooler temps. 70s sound perfect to me! Although the 80s are better for swimming.

See you all from Disney World! pixiedust:

Up Next -- Day 1

So excited for you! I know how stressful this week was with your finals, etc. Now on to the fun!

I've been making road trip plans as well...your snacks sound perfect. I plan on stopping along the way to make sandwiches as well. I'll pack very similar stuff to you...fruit, cheese, crackers. I bought some 100 calorie packs of cookies so that my boys can have something sweet, but not gorge themselves on whole packages of sweets! My boys tend to show little restraint when it comes to food! :confused3

Have a fantastic trip! Enjoy your family....don't worry about real life for once! Can't wait to hear all about it when you return! popcorn::

So excited for you! I know how stressful this week was with your finals, etc. Now on to the fun!

I've been making road trip plans as well...your snacks sound perfect. I plan on stopping along the way to make sandwiches as well. I'll pack very similar stuff to you...fruit, cheese, crackers. I bought some 100 calorie packs of cookies so that my boys can have something sweet, but not gorge themselves on whole packages of sweets! My boys tend to show little restraint when it comes to food! :confused3

Have a fantastic trip! Enjoy your family....don't worry about real life for once! Can't wait to hear all about it when you return! popcorn::

You know what's funny? I read through my TR from 2009 the other night and you were waiting to take your trip soon after ours--just like now. :goodvibes

To say I am excited is an understatement! :dance3:

Ya'll have a safe trip and look forward to hearing about all the adventures.

I can understand about having a down day and skipping Clearwater. The Aquarium isn't anything like Seaworld, they are all about rehab, but that makes it special in its own way.

Be sure to check out the horsestables while at the campground.

Less than 24 hours and we'll be on the road to our happy place! :cool1:

:dance3:

Since we'll be heading out super early tomorrow (hoping for 4 a.m.), :drive: I'm going to make a pumpkin bread tonight to bring along for breakfast along with fruit. I made up this healthy trail mix (walnuts, craisins, golden raisins, almonds, and semi-sweet chocolate chips--I purchased some pecans but couldn't find them once I got home :confused3 ):

f42d5dd1-37ea-4603-9af6-fb9eac401081_zps0dd577a6.jpg
What, No Twinkies???

I'm so excited for you! I can't believe it's been so long since your last family trip!

Goofster57 said:
:dance3:

What, No Twinkies???

Sanaa is at Animal Kingdom Lodge and serves African/Indian food.

No, afraid I'm one of those mean moms who feeds her kids healthy food. ;)

I'm in and subscribing!!! Can't wait to read all about your new adventures when you get back.pirate: Our last trip we were to do Clearwater and Legoland as well. We also ended up dropping Clearwater. I'm glad we did since we wouldn't have had much time to really enjoy it. We are hoping maybe next trip.

Anyway, be careful on the drive down! So excited for you!!! :wave2:

Blueyed Girl said:
I'm in and subscribing!!! Can't wait to read all about your new adventures when you get back.pirate: Our last trip we were to do Clearwater and Legoland as well. We also ended up dropping Clearwater. I'm glad we did since we wouldn't have had much time to really enjoy it. We are hoping maybe next trip.

Anyway, be careful on the drive down! So excited for you!!! :wave2:

Hey Cherie! :-)

We are on the road in South Carolina!

Hey Cherie! :-)

We are on the road in South Carolina!

Glad to hear you're on your way:cool1: Love reading your TRs (so glad I'm way beyond the potty training this time though that means life is now busier with school runs!:rotfl2:)
Love the snack packs- I make tons of snacks for us when we travel (hate airplane food for the most part) so my hand luggage tends to look like a picnic for 20:lmao: 9 hours is a looooooooooooong time on a plane!!
I cant wait to hear all about the cabins at fort wilderness. My favourite wdw memory is watching fireworks from the beach there in 1993. Happened totally by accident and was just magic :goodvibes

The boys have definitely grown up alot since we saw them last but you definitely havent put all your weight back on because you are looking good too. Love the family pics and yip I agree with everyone else Baxter is very, very cute!

Hope all your exams went well. Bet you're glad they're over. I'll keep my fingers crossed you get the results you want but hey your at disney for St Paddy's Day so you should probably call to Raglan Road and have a wee guiness:drinking1 just get the luck of the Irish (best to be safe :lmao:)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter