?s about 1 year old with a seat on plane

According to all the reports, the child involved in the JetBlue incident, Natalie Vieau, was two years old. Her older sister was 3.

According to all the reports, the child involved in the JetBlue incident, Natalie Vieau, was two years old. Her older sister was 3.

Thanks for the confirmation. That's what I thought. Since was 2 she was too old to be a lap baby so needed her own seat. IMHO, it is much easier to keep them in their car seat than it is in the seatbelt. Much more secure.

I have flown with two car seats, two children and a stroller , so I know how awkward it can be to get to the gate. Just gave me much more piece of mind on the plane and kept the kiddos more comfortable.

I would suggest using a car seat. If not too heavy/inconvenient, I would use the one the child will be most comfortable in/ uses the most. IMO when flying with children the 3 most important things are safety, comfort, distraction. A huge tip we received when our oldest were toddlers.... if the child is not used to an airport take him/her to one prior to the trip. Let him/her get used to it, even if it may mean more than one "dry run". The best two things we did, bring their car seats, and bring them into the airport at least once or twice before each trip. BTW, we traveled with triplets,(although they were 3 1/2 first trip) so I am aware of what a pain in the neck it can be tugging car seats, and strollers, etc. With our kids, the more familiar they were with the car seat/stroller, the more likely they were to be peaceful. The more peaceful they were, the more relaxed our vacation was. :cloud9:

Regarding which seat the car seat should be in. ... I don't know what the regulations are now. One of our first flights with ours, years ago, the configuration of the seats were in 3's. They told us the car seat(s) had to be in the middle of us. :laughing: not an easy task, when the car seats out numbered the adults. :laughing: They made an exception.(of course those "toddlers" are now 21) DH took one, and I two. I'm sure things are very different now. We have flown with our youngest since then, but automatically sat her in the middle of DH & I.
Hope the family has a wonderful trip...flight and all.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter