Running Universal

As the survey suggested, they added a 10k on Sunday now. Also you get a challenge medal.. if you register for the challenge

Thanks! I wasn't going to do this one if it was just a 5k,, but now I'm definitely going to be checking airfares/kids' dance schedules...

As the survey suggested, they added a 10k on Sunday now. Also you get a challenge medal.. if you register for the challenge
In a weird way, I'm now less likely to do this one in person. That weekend potentially poses marathon training conflicts and given that I may also be in Disneyland that weekend with family, the logistics of 2 races becomes more trickier for me to deal with.

Huh. Well, it looks like you can upgrade your reservation pretty easily. I feel like I'm more likely to just up to the 10k and not do the challenge mostly because I don't want to have to drive up from OC twice. But I'll think on it....

They don’t have the 10k course out yet. I’d like to see that before I decide. If it’s just two loops of the 5k (and twice the hills), probably not this time.

They don’t have the 10k course out yet. I’d like to see that before I decide. If it’s just two loops of the 5k (and twice the hills), probably not this time.

True! It's also possible that the 10k will go to the lower lot to pass by the ride and then involve only one hill, but a much longer one!!

Interesting... anyone know about when they'll release the course maps? Also, is it standard for a challenge to be more expensive than the combined costs of the separate runs? The challenge costs more than the 5K + 10K fees put together. I'd have thought the challenge would offer a little discount, but I've never done a challenge before!

I'm really hoping they do a virtual option, like the Minion race has. There's no way I can make it to California for this, but I really, really want to particpate in a Jurassic Park/World themed race.

If anyone wants to do the 5k or 10k and hasn't signed up yet, they are offering a 10% discount on registration. Use the code MINION10 at checkout. The discount isn't good for the kids run, just the 5k and 10k. No word on if they will have a virtual run yet. That's unfortunately the only way I'd be able to do it.

It could be a nice warm up for Gasparilla instead of the trail run a local elementary has put on as a fundraiser the last two years around the same weekend as this.....

Just got an email from Universal on pricing/registration for the Orlando races for passholders/team members

Feb 1st - 5K Standard - $72
5K VIP - $132 (includes post race VIP breakfast, exclusive meet and greet, and water bottle)

Feb 2nd - 10K Standard - $111
10K VIP - $174

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!