Running costumes

That's totally waaaaaaay more Prince Philip than Superman. What a weird jump the CM made!
I think workout Luke would be a great running costume. Was your all black one really hot once the sun came up?

Heat wasn't a problem at all. As it turned out, I felt a bit chilly on the walk back to my hotel, but used my mom's chEAR squad blanket to deal with that. I may feel differently about the heat if I ran in that costume during the Disneyland 1/2, but for a mid January race, it was fine.

I am one that always wore just the basic running clothes. When my DD said she wanted to run the GSC and run it with me. I said you bet. Started talking about costumes. I told her I would run in what ever she wanted me to. Right now the plan is we both go as Maleficent.

What do you think. This 56 yr old guy is going to have a blast running with my daughter. She ran the half with me in January.

Does anyone have a preference of tutu vs. running skirt? I want to do one for the Princess and tutu's are easier to make (especially since I would have to hand sew the skirt or find a machine to borrow) but some people have complained they can be itchy.
Running skirt! I buy mine from www.sparkleskirts.com and www.sparkleathletic.com. They are probably relatively easy to make, but mine would look terrible. They are very comfortable so I run in them all the time so they are worth the cost. I get lots of compliments at local races!

I've worn all sorts of costumes for various Disney races... I've gone as Elvis, Thor's Hammer, Trader Sam, Magic Carpet, three different pirates, Stinky Pete (Toy Story 2), and Russell from Pixar's Up. I've also created several costumes that I haven't even worn yet... Baymax, Gaston, Sultan, and John Darling. I've also have a few in the works that I prefer to keep a secret. What I've learned wearing costumes is that you shouldn't expect to PR any race because people like to take pictures with you and sometimes the costumes are just to bulky or awkward. Good luck and have fun.

It's so cool seeing all of these awesome costumes. Being a guy I'm having a hard time finding an inspiration on what should be for at least the WDW 5k. Not sure if I want to wear a costume for the half.

It's so cool seeing all of these awesome costumes. Being a guy I'm having a hard time finding an inspiration on what should be for at least the WDW 5k. Not sure if I want to wear a costume for the half.

Speaking as another dude, I can also say that I think it's neat to see all the costumes. Could you come up with a men's DisneyBound running outfit? For the Disneyland Half I think I'mg going to try that just wearing a technical tuxedo shirt and red shorts/compression socks to be main street Mickey mouse. I am not sure what I'm gonna do for the 5k. That will depend on luggage space.

Sleepless Knights pictures were great.

Don't constrain yourself to male costumes. My biggest motivation was a 6'4 dude dressed up as tinkerbell wings and all during my first marathon. No matter how bad I hurt I wasn't going to let a guy in fairy wings and a skirt finish if I couldn't.

Speaking as another dude, I can also say that I think it's neat to see all the costumes. Could you come up with a men's DisneyBound running outfit? For the Disneyland Half I think I'mg going to try that just wearing a technical tuxedo shirt and red shorts/compression socks to be main street Mickey mouse. I am not sure what I'm gonna do for the 5k. That will depend on luggage space.

Sleepless Knights pictures were great.

Don't constrain yourself to male costumes. My biggest motivation was a 6'4 dude dressed up as tinkerbell wings and all during my first marathon. No matter how bad I hurt I wasn't going to let a guy in fairy wings and a skirt finish if I couldn't.
Yeah I was thinking more around Disney bounding. I've been thinking maybe buzz lightyear or woody.

Sparkle skirt questions: Do any of them have pockets? Also, what do you find most comfortable to wear under them?

Sparkle skirt questions: Do any of them have pockets? Also, what do you find most comfortable to wear under them?
The only ones that don't have the serious pockets are SparkleLights (reflected in the price). All the others should have one pocket on each leg and the zipper waist pocket.

I don't have any SparkleLights, so I don't wear anything additional under my skirts except for in the winter, when I'll wear the skirt over a pair of running tights.

Annnnnnnnnnnnd ... World of Color is almost done!

I just have to finish off the headband/hairbow (that's the black sparkle fabric) and attach the under lining of the skirt in the same black sparkle fabric. Then, just cut the hems to fit and I'm done! I'm really excited with how this one is turning out! I can't wait to wear it in front of the fountains for the 5k!

image-jpg.115238

Yeah I was thinking more around Disney bounding. I've been thinking maybe buzz lightyear or woody.

as a guy it is certainly easier to go the bounding route when it comes to costumes especially for the longer distances, I would think buzz or woody would be fairly easy to pull off, basically just look to match the color scheme as much as you can and more often than not people will get the idea

on a side note my beast costume for the 5k has officially become more elaborate, DW found a beast costume on amazon for like 12 bucks, it has the beast head and then the frill type shirt and the blue coat, ill pair it with either blue or black shorts (have seen him in both color pants) whichever looks better and ill be good to go ill try to get picks of both my beast and my Mike whenever I can...

The only ones that don't have the serious pockets are SparkleLights (reflected in the price). All the others should have one pocket on each leg and the zipper waist pocket.

I don't have any SparkleLights, so I don't wear anything additional under my skirts except for in the winter, when I'll wear the skirt over a pair of running tights.
I have a SparkleLight, it does have a pocket in the ~2" waistband, but no zipper. As such, I wouldn't put anything you wouldn't mind losing in it! :)

Sparkle Athletic skirts don't have pockets at all.

Annnnnnnnnnnnd ... World of Color is almost done!

I just have to finish off the headband/hairbow (that's the black sparkle fabric) and attach the under lining of the skirt in the same black sparkle fabric. Then, just cut the hems to fit and I'm done! I'm really excited with how this one is turning out! I can't wait to wear it in front of the fountains for the 5k!

image-jpg.115238

OMG Keels! I love that skirt! You made that?? Ugh I wish I could sew, lol! Luckily my mom lives with us and she is an excellent sewer. Just sometimes she doesn't "get" what I am wanting so I have to have patterns for her. And she has been in California for over a month and won't be back till 9/13 so I need to figure out what I need her to make SOON! :)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter