I think it might be important to note a few things about registration that we learned the hard way.

1. Races sell out literally in half an hour or less (10Ks and 5Ks in a matter of minutes!)
2. You cannot register two adults at the same time, under the same login/account. You have to register one, then sign in with the other adult's name and register them (or do it simultaneously on two different devices.) I'm a teacher so my husband was in charge of registering us. He did his (right when the race opened- the 10K) and then went to do mine and it was already sold out!! So now we're both registered for the half (which we are scared to death of) and he planned on deferring the 10K and from what I've heard he can't now? So annoying!!

Never mind!! o_O Just saw the additions since yesterday and looks like you have it covered!

I think it might be important to note a few things about registration that we learned the hard way.

1. Races sell out literally in half an hour or less (10Ks and 5Ks in a matter of minutes!)
2. You cannot register two adults at the same time, under the same login/account. You have to register one, then sign in with the other adult's name and register them (or do it simultaneously on two different devices.) I'm a teacher so my husband was in charge of registering us. He did his (right when the race opened- the 10K) and then went to do mine and it was already sold out!! So now we're both registered for the half (which we are scared to death of) and he planned on deferring the 10K and from what I've heard he can't now? So annoying!!
Yep I made sure to put those two things in the registration part.

Great start @rteetz!

One quick item for the "Race Weekend Hotels" section. Shades of Green resort is in the same camp as Swan and Dolphin... onsite resort but not operated by Disney. They also have runDisney transportation. I guess this applies to the "Transportation" section as well.

Great start @rteetz!

One quick item for the "Race Weekend Hotels" section. Shades of Green resort is in the same camp as Swan and Dolphin... onsite resort but not operated by Disney. They also have runDisney transportation. I guess this applies to the "Transportation" section as well.
Thanks I forgot about that place I'll add it!

One thing to note:

Re: spectators, you note that spectators at longer races are allowed to watch from inside the park, but only with park entry. My understanding, at least for the Princess Half, from others on this board, is that you can watch from Main Street in MK without park entry. Not sure if this is the case for all of the half marathons in WDW, but you might want to check with others more knowledgeable than me.

One thing to note:

Re: spectators, you note that spectators at longer races are allowed to watch from inside the park, but only with park entry. My understanding, at least for the Princess Half, from others on this board, is that you can watch from Main Street in MK without park entry. Not sure if this is the case for all of the half marathons in WDW, but you might want to check with others more knowledgeable than me.
Thanks! As far as I know they require park tickets to enter. Maybe that's changed and they allow you to enter without but once 9 am hits you have to leave? I know for sure that after 9 am when all the parks open you cannot get in without park tickets.

One thing to note:

Thanks! As far as I know they require park tickets to enter. Maybe that's changed and they allow you to enter without but once 9 am hits you have to leave? I know for sure that after 9 am when all the parks open you cannot get in without park tickets.
@dcrunner is correct. You can watch on Main Street without a park ticket before the park opens.

@rteez - 2016 Marathon Weekend spectator page from the Event Guide. Sort of clarifies (?) when you do and do not need a park ticket.

29104557601_69b7c82a34_o.jpg

@rteez - 2016 Marathon Weekend spectator page from the Event Guide. Sort of clarifies (?) when you do and do not need a park ticket.

29104557601_69b7c82a34_o.jpg

Are spectators allowed to take the buses for runners? Will there be buses running for later than 5am for a half marathon? TIA!

Are spectators allowed to take the buses for runners? Will there be buses running for later than 5am for a half marathon? TIA!

I'll add that the buses do start running again at 7am for spectators. Just factor that in when deciding whether to take the last bus at 5am (or thereabouts) or the first bus at 7am dependent on how fast the person you're spectating can run. I ran in corral C of the WDW Half in 2016 and ran a 1:43 and my family took the 7am (or first available) bus from AKL and arrived at the finish line about 2 minutes before I crossed. My family knows this year since I'll likely be in corral A/B and run near a 1:35-1:40 that to see me cross for the HM they'd have to take the last bus around 5am. Here's the WDW 2016 program page with past bus run times:

Screen Shot 2016-08-24 at 3.26.00 PM.png Screen Shot 2016-08-24 at 3.26.15 PM.png

What about bags? I've read that you can check a bag to pick back up at the finish line, but I wasn't sure if small bags or running belts or camelbacks were available on the course. Just thinking I'll want my phone to take pics and snapchat of course and maybe some electrolyte gels or nuun tablets or water or something? Or maybe a protein bar?

What about bags? I've read that you can check a bag to pick back up at the finish line, but I wasn't sure if small bags or running belts or camelbacks were available on the course. Just thinking I'll want my phone to take pics and snapchat of course and maybe some electrolyte gels or nuun tablets or water or something? Or maybe a protein bar?
You can check a bag. The bag has to be clear/see through. Your t-shirt bag they give you is what you are recommended to use. They also give you a bag check sticker for the bag in the bag with your shirt. On course you can have running belts but rundisney security will check them as you enter. I don't do either usually but do have my phone with me. I just hold onto it while I run even though most people probably don't want to do that.

You can check a bag. The bag has to be clear/see through. Your t-shirt bag they give you is what you are recommended to use. They also give you a bag check sticker for the bag in the bag with your shirt. On course you can have running belts but rundisney security will check them as you enter. I don't do either usually but do have my phone with me. I just hold onto it while I run even though most people probably don't want to do that.
Thanks so much! Good to know that I could take a running belt with a few things and also good to know there is great security

Not sure if you think this would be relevant to the FAQs but I know people ask from time to time about anniversary years. At one point I know a bunch of us worked up a list of the next anniversary for each race:

WDW Marathon Weekend:
WDW 5k - 2018 (25th)
WDW 10k - 2018 (5th)
WDW Half - 2017 (20th)
WDW Marathon - 2018 (25th)
Goofy Challenge - 2020 (15th)
Dopey Challenge - 2018 (5th)

Disneyland Half Weekend:
Disneyland 5k - 2020 (15th)
Disneyland 10k - 2017 (5th)
Disneyland Half - 2020 (15th)
Dumbo Double Dare - 2017 (5th)

Princess Weekend:
Royal Family/Princess 5k - 2018 (10th)
Enchanted 10k - 2018 (5th)
Princess Half - 2018 (10th)
Glass Slipper Challenge - 2018 (5th)

Wine & Dine Weekend:
Mickey's Jingle Jungle/Holiday 5k - 2019 (10th)
Wine & Dine 10k - 2020 (5th)
Wine & Dine Half - 2019 (10th)
Lumiere's Two Course Challenge -2020 (5th)

Tinkerbell Weekend:
Neverland 5k - 2021 (10th)
Tinker Bell 10k - 2018 (5th)
Tinker Bell Half - 2021 (10th)
Pixie Dust Challenge - 2019 (5th)

Star Wars Weekends:
Star Wars (Rebel) Half/5k/10k/Challenge - 2019 (5th)
Star Wars (Dark Side) Half/5k/10k/Challenge - 2020 (5th)
Kessel Run - 2020 (5th)

Avengers Weekend:
Avengers Half/5k - 2018 (5th)
[Insert Avengers Name Here] 10k - 2019 (5th)
Infinity Gauntlet - 2019 (5th)

DL Paris:
Disneyland Paris 5k - 2020 (5th)
Disneyland Paris Half - 2020 (5th)
Castle to Chateau - 2020 (5th)

Not sure if you think this would be relevant to the FAQs but I know people ask from time to time about anniversary years. At one point I know a bunch of us worked up a list of the next anniversary for each race:

WDW Marathon Weekend:
WDW 5k - 2018 (25th)
WDW 10k - 2018 (5th)
WDW Half - 2017 (20th)
WDW Marathon - 2018 (25th)
Goofy Challenge - 2020 (15th)
Dopey Challenge - 2018 (5th)

Disneyland Half Weekend:
Disneyland 5k - 2020 (15th)
Disneyland 10k - 2017 (5th)
Disneyland Half - 2020 (15th)
Dumbo Double Dare - 2017 (5th)

Princess Weekend:
Royal Family/Princess 5k - 2018 (10th)
Enchanted 10k - 2018 (5th)
Princess Half - 2018 (10th)
Glass Slipper Challenge - 2018 (5th)

Wine & Dine Weekend:
Mickey's Jingle Jungle/Holiday 5k - 2019 (10th)
Wine & Dine 10k - 2020 (5th)
Wine & Dine Half - 2019 (10th)
Lumiere's Two Course Challenge -2020 (5th)

Tinkerbell Weekend:
Neverland 5k - 2021 (10th)
Tinker Bell 10k - 2018 (5th)
Tinker Bell Half - 2021 (10th)
Pixie Dust Challenge - 2019 (5th)

Star Wars Weekends:
Star Wars (Rebel) Half/5k/10k/Challenge - 2019 (5th)
Star Wars (Dark Side) Half/5k/10k/Challenge - 2020 (5th)
Kessel Run - 2020 (5th)

Avengers Weekend:
Avengers Half/5k - 2018 (5th)
[Insert Avengers Name Here] 10k - 2019 (5th)
Infinity Gauntlet - 2019 (5th)

DL Paris:
Disneyland Paris 5k - 2020 (5th)
Disneyland Paris Half - 2020 (5th)
Castle to Chateau - 2020 (5th)
Thanks! I'll add it to the first page!

OMG, just reading this reminds me how frustrating it is to register for Disney races. Love them, but boy are they nerve racking! Just did Disneyland 10k and was only able to register daughter and myself and mine was on hold for what seems forever! Wasn't able to register DH, he was so bummed :sad1:. Told DH that the next ones we had to do as you recommend, simultaneously!! :o

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter