Sunday – Total Body Cardio – Done
Monday – Upper Fix – Done
Tuesday – Lower fix – Done
Wednesday – Pilates fix – Done
Thursday – Cardio fix – Done.
Friday – Dirty 30 – Done
Saturday – Yoga Fix – Done!!!!

Things I learned this week:

OMG I survived! Fully didn’t expect to do every single work out but I did! I’ve never worked out for 14 days in a row in my entire life!! WOAH!
I love working out every day because it forces me to work out that day… There’s no doing this tomorrow because I already have another workout on the calendar for tomorrow. When I first started running, I had the mentality of “a missed run is a missed run.” Somewhere along the way, I started thinking it was okay to move runs around based on my schedule. The procrastination monster turned into the not doing it all monster. Then, I would beat myself up twice as much. Once for moving the run and once for not doing it. Then, I was restless.. because I didn’t run so my imagination ran wild. Moving forward, I’m taking back that mentality. If I’m supposed to run on Monday, I’m going to run on Monday. If I don’t, then I’m not doing it on Tuesday.. I’m just skipping it and that’s how it has to be. I think flexibility is important, but I’ve abused it.
I’ve also learned how easy 30 mins of working out is really not that big of a commitment. So if I have the “I wanna skip my run blues.” I’m going to force myself out for at least 30 mins. Because All or nothing doesn’t work for me.. Some is better than none. Also.. I doubt I’ll still want to skip my run after I do 30 mins of it!
I think this week will be the easiest. Only one more of each exercise – can’t quit at the closing bell! Also adding running back in this week instead of doing the doubles option of 21 day fix!
I showed a lot of improvement in Total Body Cardio (see previous post). That got me excited for the rest of the week. I didn’t have an overall sense of improvement quite like that but there were a few other things throughout the week.
For WK 1 I used 3lb weights as my light and 5lb for my heavy. This week I used 5lb for my light and heavy. I tried to use 8lb for some of the heavy exercises, but mostly I stuck with 5 for everything because that extra 3 pounds were too hard.
I’m still doing the modified burpees in cardio fix, but they felt a little smoother this go around.
I forget which one this was in, but I held a forearm plank for a full minute (on my knees). This week I’m going to go up on my toes.

In Dirty 30, the last exercise is a side plank with a leg lift. I couldn’t do it at all wk 1 and this week I managed to do the modified version!

My containers for the portion fix came this week. That’s an adjustment but it’s going well. A lot of prep is required.

Lord of the rings –

Haven’t listened this week.

Plan for week 27:

Sunday – Total body Cardio + 20 min easy run
Monday – Upper Fix
Tuesday – Lower Fix + 20 min easy run
Wednesday – Pilaties Fix
Thursday – Cardio Fix
Friday – Dirty 30 + 20 min easy run
Saturday – Yoga Fix

Race Day Count Down:

41 - days till Lynchburg 5k
69 - days till the VA 4 miler
118 - days till Richmond Half Marathon
217 - days till Princess Half Marathon

4189641563727370632.png

So here I am.. minding my business.. doing my push ups... Baker James the wonderful dog he is comes up to me and puts a toy on my yoga mat! I push down and up and go to flick the toy off my mat when it HOPS AWAY!!!!! If upper fix didn’t have my heart rate pumping that sure did!! We get the frog out of the house and then poor little Baker starts dry heaving for 20 mins... we beat on his chest and back, we tried get him to drink water and I even tried the doggy hymlik (idk how to spell that..) and still he just kept on dry heaving... so we thought he was having an allergic reaction of some sort. Had to give him a Benadryl and I think he’s fine now... anyway just wanted to share the drama of tonight’s workout.

Btw... the frog is mostly fine. At least he hopped away pretty seamlessly. I named him George. There was a significant dent in his leg that may or may not have been caused by a puppy tooth.. it reminded me of how George Weasly lost his ear so that’s his name..

9AB525EE-248F-43A4-94F4-013837159D82.jpegThis is baker after the workout was over.. think he wants to go finish off George!!

IDK if I've mentioned this here or not, but my company pays for the VA 10 and 4 miler (the race that started my running journey and all that.) So today, I go to HR to sign my little waiver. It basically just says I won't sue the company if I get injured and that if I don't show up I have to pay them back for my race entry.

The HR lady in charge of this, lives in my neighborhood.. So today when I was signing the paper she said "Are you ready for the 4 miler?" I say "uhhh no.. not at all." She says... "Oh! I see you running all the time! You get after it pretty good........FOR YOUR SIZE!!!!!!!!"

Uhg! It didn't really bother me in the moment, because I was actually was in HR to pick up paperwork needed to term one of my associates. So my mind was pre-occupied with how that conversation was going to go and making sure I knew what I was going to say and all of that stuff.. (that's definitely the worse part of my job).

So I get upstairs and log in. I took care of the term first thing and then I get back to my desk to start going through emails.. I see the email from her saying to come to HR and sign the waiver and then I'm like "Wait did she just say that?" I joked about it with a couple co-workers, who's reactions were pretty over the top upset for me... but I wasn't that upset. When I got home for lunch, I mentioned it to my husband and his reaction was similar.

Idk.. I guess I am a little upset about it because I'm still thinking about it almost 8 hours later. And I'm writing about it here... IDK why I'm writing about it here, but I am.. The worst part about it, is that lady genuinely believes she gave me a compliment today. I don't think she knows how rude it was.

Also, she's always outside when I'm running and she literally cheers for me sometimes.... Like on hot days and stuff, I always get a "You go girl!" or when she's driving by she'll honk her horn and waive at me.. I've always appreciated her support and thought highly of her because of it. And it turns out that all this time she's been thinking "Look at that fatty go!"

IDK... I'm going to give myself the rest of the night to sulk and then I'm going to need to get over it. This is exactly the kind of think I have a tendency to latch on to and I need to not. I just know I'm not going to get the same little boost from her "you go girls!" any more..

IDK... I'm going to give myself the rest of the night to sulk and then I'm going to need to get over it. This is exactly the kind of think I have a tendency to latch on to and I need to not. I just know I'm not going to get the same little boost from her "you go girls!" any more.
I think you absolutely have the right idea in venting about it and then forgetting about it. If you let your anger and frustration fester for a few days, it will start to eat at you and could have really negative effects. You can get a positive boost from knowing that so many people want to run a race, but are so afraid that they will fail that they do not even sign up. You're getting out there and pursuing your running dreams. Sometimes we discover we have new running dreams. Sometimes we discover that we are perfectly fine keeping the same running dream. It's about what we become.

Running is not about looking like a runner whatever that means, but about pursuing a healthier lifestyle that inspires us to feel better and take better care of our minds and bodies whatever body type we may have.

Training Update Week – 28
Total miles ran – 3.3
Month to date – 8.3
Year to date – 97.23
Life Time – 382.46

Planned work outs:

Sunday – Total body Cardio + 20 min easy run – Done, Done!
Monday – Upper Fix – Done!
Tuesday – Lower Fix + 20 min easy run – Done, Done!
Wednesday – Pilaties Fix – Done!
Thursday – Cardio Fix – Done!
Friday – Dirty 30 + 20 min easy run Done, Done!
Saturday – Yoga Fix – ANNND DONE!!!!!!!!!!!!

Things I learned this week:

EEEP 21 days all in a row! Done! Hard to keep up with but easier than I thought.

I learned I really like working out every single day.. I didn’t think I would but towards the end of this week, I started looking forward to my work out. I never had a “Thank God that’s over” moment…(well maybe after cardio fix… but that was more about the work out than the program.)

I’m feeling more confident heading into training plan. For the first time in 7 months, I haven’t started every single work out by thinking about how behind I am or how I’ve messed up so many work outs to date. I don’t know exactly when I stopped doing that and I didn’t realize I was doing that until I wasn’t… I feel really, really good about myself.

I didn’t lose as much weight as I thought I would (or any.. but I didn’t gain anything so that’s good). I started the food plan late in the 2nd week and I lost an inch or two in my waist, arms and thighs... So not bad considering.

Lord of the Rings
I worked out every day so I earned 2.5 hours of the book (I have some time banked, but I’m not going to worry about that.) Bilbo has the ring and has escaped from gollum and the goblins. They went to the skin changer guys house and he told them the right way to go. When I turned it off, they had just sent that guys ponies back and Gandolf has left (he’s still kind of a big jerk). It’s starting to get more interesting, but I’m still not a big fan.

Plan for week 29:

Sunday - 30 min easy run
Monday – 30 min core or upper body workout
Tuesday - 30 min easy run
Wednesday – 30 min easy run
Thursday- 30 min core or upper body workout
Friday - 30 min easy run
Saturday - Yoga Fix

Race Day Count Down:

34 - days till Lynchburg 5k
62 - days till the VA 4 miler
111 - days till Richmond Half Marathon
210 - days till Princess Half Marathon

IDK if I've mentioned this here or not, but my company pays for the VA 10 and 4 miler (the race that started my running journey and all that.) So today, I go to HR to sign my little waiver. It basically just says I won't sue the company if I get injured and that if I don't show up I have to pay them back for my race entry.

The HR lady in charge of this, lives in my neighborhood.. So today when I was signing the paper she said "Are you ready for the 4 miler?" I say "uhhh no.. not at all." She says... "Oh! I see you running all the time! You get after it pretty good........FOR YOUR SIZE!!!!!!!!"

Uhg! It didn't really bother me in the moment, because I was actually was in HR to pick up paperwork needed to term one of my associates. So my mind was pre-occupied with how that conversation was going to go and making sure I knew what I was going to say and all of that stuff.. (that's definitely the worse part of my job).

So I get upstairs and log in. I took care of the term first thing and then I get back to my desk to start going through emails.. I see the email from her saying to come to HR and sign the waiver and then I'm like "Wait did she just say that?" I joked about it with a couple co-workers, who's reactions were pretty over the top upset for me... but I wasn't that upset. When I got home for lunch, I mentioned it to my husband and his reaction was similar.

Idk.. I guess I am a little upset about it because I'm still thinking about it almost 8 hours later. And I'm writing about it here... IDK why I'm writing about it here, but I am.. The worst part about it, is that lady genuinely believes she gave me a compliment today. I don't think she knows how rude it was.

Also, she's always outside when I'm running and she literally cheers for me sometimes.... Like on hot days and stuff, I always get a "You go girl!" or when she's driving by she'll honk her horn and waive at me.. I've always appreciated her support and thought highly of her because of it. And it turns out that all this time she's been thinking "Look at that fatty go!"

IDK... I'm going to give myself the rest of the night to sulk and then I'm going to need to get over it. This is exactly the kind of think I have a tendency to latch on to and I need to not. I just know I'm not going to get the same little boost from her "you go girls!" any more..
That was awful for her to say to begin with.

That it came from someone in HR is another kind of awful.

Okay.. I need your advice! If you read the very first sentence of this journal I say “in my very first runDisney race I will be Jessie from toy story.” I’ve had that dream in my head for a while. However, when I wrote that, I didn’t know my very first run Disney race would be princess... sooo I’m torn between being Jessie and getting to say that I did what I said I was going to do... or you know a princess (probably belle)... thoughts??? Has anyone ever run princess dressed as something other than a princess??

Minnie and Tinkerbell aren't technically princesses, right? I've dressed as both of them for Princess races. You'll see people dressed as all different characters so I say do what makes you happy!

Okay.. I need your advice! If you read the very first sentence of this journal I say “in my very first runDisney race I will be Jessie from toy story.” I’ve had that dream in my head for a while. However, when I wrote that, I didn’t know my very first run Disney race would be princess... sooo I’m torn between being Jessie and getting to say that I did what I said I was going to do... or you know a princess (probably belle)... thoughts??? Has anyone ever run princess dressed as something other than a princess??

Last year for Princess 5K my sister dressed as Boo from Monster's Inc and my mom was Vanellope Von Schweetz (yes, technically a princess I know but she did her normal hoodie look so I don't think it counts as a "princess" look), and this year we are planning a Bo Peep/Barbie/Forky group costume for that race. So if Jessie is calling to you, then by all means go for it! You will see a little bit of everything that weekend.

If you read the very first sentence of this journal I say “in my very first runDisney race I will be Jessie from toy story.” I’ve had that dream in my head for a while.
If that's the costume that calls to you for your first runDisney race, then do it. You're not really betraying any sort of rule or theme. If I can pull it off, I'm planning a 5K or 10K costume for marathon weekend that will not involve any of the characters from that race.

I always get a huge kick out of people who dress in Star Trek costumes for the Star Wars races.

For 2017 Avengers, I chose to go for a mashup that was both on theme and not at all on theme. I chose Batman being trained by Yoda. I had a lot of fun. Batman was in reference to my favorite superhero and Yoda was my way of paying tribute to cancelled Star Wars races in Disneyland for 2018. At worst, I experienced a tiny amount good natured all in fun teasing since Disney does not own Batman and far comments from runners and spectators commenting that they thought I was smart to have someone watching my back. I even found a Star Wars cosplayer on the course spectating and she let me take a picture with her.

I also ran a Star Wars race as Prince Phillip. With a lightsaber and the back of my cape read Once Upon a Dream in a Galaxy Far, Far Away

If you want to run as Jessie, then have all the fun in the world with it.
It's your victory lap. So celebrate however you want to.
So much this. At all the Star Wars races I've run and the one Avengers race I ran, I saw so many runners running in costumes not at all themed to the race weekend. That's how they wanted to embrace the race and nobody was harmed by it. I've even seen some Harry Potter wizards spectating the races with signs that say "I am not in the wrong park" and cheering for everybody that runs by because they were just enjoying the running party.

How about Jessie with a tiara?

Sooo.... Some guy in my office just stopped me to tell me that he saw one of my Instagram posts and that was the inspiration that pushed him over the edge to sign up for the VA 10 Miler!!

He then told me that he's never ran a mile in his life and this will be his very first race.. (it's less than 2 months away btw..). So @DopeyBadger - I gave him your info because I kind of feel responsible for him now.

Aside from the poor guy maybe being a little ambitious for his race.. I inspired someone!!! Idk it's just a really good feeling. And hey who am I to judge him for being to ambitious - I think my 3rd or 4th post in this journal said one of my goals was Boston.. Like.. I couldn't even run to my mail box and I was like "one day I'm going to run the hardest and fastest marathon there is.." Anyway.. I just wanted to share! I'm excited to see how he does.

Sooo.... Some guy in my office just stopped me to tell me that he saw one of my Instagram posts and that was the inspiration that pushed him over the edge to sign up for the VA 10 Miler!!

He then told me that he's never ran a mile in his life and this will be his very first race.. (it's less than 2 months away btw..). So @DopeyBadger - I gave him your info because I kind of feel responsible for him now.

Aside from the poor guy maybe being a little ambitious for his race.. I inspired someone!!! Idk it's just a really good feeling. And hey who am I to judge him for being to ambitious - I think my 3rd or 4th post in this journal said one of my goals was Boston.. Like.. I couldn't even run to my mail box and I was like "one day I'm going to run the hardest and fastest marathon there is.." Anyway.. I just wanted to share! I'm excited to see how he does.

View attachment 422119

That's awesome! Way to go!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!