Rumoured 10/1 Date For Start Of VGF2 Sales

Still on the fence about adding points there, when they first announced it I was kind of excited but when I started to think about studio only I started having doubts. I'm pretty sure I will keep my current points because I love the resort but unless they really make VGF2 something special I probably wont add on. I own at CCV as well so maybe an add on at Riviera is in the future.

Yes, the THV were added to SSR after being "sold out". Basically, they declared a portion of the units into the condo association and then "reopened" sales in Jan 2009 with the actual THVs open for occupancy in Jun 2009.

I would suspect that they may take a tiered approach with sales. I suspect that existing VGF owners would likely get the first purchase opportunity, followed by owners at other resorts, and then finally sales open to everyone.

That's what I was curious about - if someone bought in January, could they use their points at existing SSR units even though the THVs didn't open until June?

Still on the fence about adding points there, when they first announced it I was kind of excited but when I started to think about studio only I started having doubts. I'm pretty sure I will keep my current points because I love the resort but unless they really make VGF2 something special I probably wont add on. I own at CCV as well so maybe an add on at Riviera is in the future.
I’m sort of in the same boat. I was initially excited, but DH was all “why would we buy there?” as GF - nice as it is - isn’t our usual style (BRV/CCV, ALV, VGC, PVB, AUL is). I was thinking more of the walk to MK, but we DO own CCV, and if we wanted a walk, he’s for the longer walk from PVB and owning there. I love PVB, but I also love 1BRs, lol. In the end, it’ll really matter on pricing. If it’s a good enough deal, we’d buy in for the advantage when we DO want to stay there and also for direct points. But otherwise we may hold out, especially as we are eying adding on again at AKV, so that we can book a week in a 2BR Savannah View for any time of year except Christmas/Easter without needing to bank or borrow. Only need 72 more points for that!

Since this is the same association, does anyone remember how it worked with Jambo and Kidani when they started selleing?

Normally you can not use points until your resort opens. But VGF is open and points will be eligible for both.

Just wondering if they can sell new points attached to the new rooms before they are officially eligible for occupancy and restrict those owners from booking elsewhere until that date.
It would be great if they did, and sales could start earlier! Seems to me Disney would want to take advantage of the 50th anniversary crowds to jumpstart VGF2 sales.

I’m sort of in the same boat. I was initially excited, but DH was all “why would we buy there?” as GF - nice as it is - isn’t our usual style (BRV/CCV, ALV, VGC, PVB, AUL is). I was thinking more of the walk to MK, but we DO own CCV, and if we wanted a walk, he’s for the longer walk from PVB and owning there.
I agree with you on style and resort preferences. But I jumped on a small 55pt VGF contract at $175 (just got the points) because I wanted the convenience of walking back from MK after hour parties (Halloween, Christmas, etc.) for 1-2 nights. I won’t do a studio at BLT or CCV again because the rooms are cramped but I am ok with VGF/PVB/RIV studios for a couple of nights since they have the murphy bed. I can still swing a VGF 1BR with our points if needed.

notice how much the annual passes increased. VGF2 will also increase. There are many who believe VGF2 will lower their price to make it similar to RIV. No way, they are looking to recover what they lost during covid. $275 per point AT LEAST, maybe higher.

I also think there will be resale restrictions. I understand they will be in the same condo association, but until I see a FL timeshare lawyer telling me otherwise (or Disney themselves), I do not see this as a barrier for restrictions.

Every decision Disney has made this past year has been to make more profits while creating more limitations. They haven’t done anything to the benefit of the guest, so, assume that will continue.

I mean, allegedly they aren’t even reworking the plumbing in the VGF2 to build kitchenette sinks. They are literally doing this DVC reconfiguration on the cheap, but will charge a fortune.

notice how much the annual passes increased. VGF2 will also increase. There are many who believe VGF2 will lower their price to make it similar to RIV. No way, they are looking to recover what they lost during covid. $275 per point AT LEAST, maybe higher.

DVD is about selling points and if they price it too high, they will have trouble selling those points, because it will lead new buyers to either RIV or the other resorts.

As mentioned, those adding on and paying $255 is different than trying to entire new buyers and selling millions of points.

I just don't see the price difference being more than $20 to $30/point between RIV and VGF. But, we will know for sure within 6 months!!!

I also think there will be resale restrictions. I understand they will be in the same condo association, but until I see a FL timeshare lawyer telling me otherwise (or Disney themselves), I do not see this as a barrier for restrictions.

Every decision Disney has made this past year has been to make more profits while creating more limitations. They haven’t done anything to the benefit of the guest, so, assume that will continue.

I mean, allegedly they aren’t even reworking the plumbing in the VGF2 to build kitchenette sinks. They are literally doing this DVC reconfiguration on the cheap, but will charge a fortune.

They will charge what the market will bear...

With its premium location and flagship status reputation, buyers may be willing to pay more for GFV than for Riviera..
Being larger than most on-property studios including existing GFV studios, buyers may be willing to pay more..
Being done "on the cheap" without kitchen sinks, and limited to just studios, buyers may be willing to pay less.

My guess -- They start pricing pretty high. But they will adjust incentives based on demand. After incentives, I'd guess slightly higher than Riviera.

On resale restrictions.... I'm a lawyer but not a FL timeshare lawyer. I strongly suspect it is possible for Disney to put in re-sale restrictions but it may require some contractual gymnastics. Depending on the ease or difficulty of those gymnastics, we may or may not see the re-sale restrictions. I'm sure Disney would want to include the resale restrictions, but it may (or may not) be too complicated to do so in an existing condo association.

On resale restrictions.... I'm a lawyer but not a FL timeshare lawyer. I strongly suspect it is possible for Disney to put in re-sale restrictions but it may require some contractual gymnastics.

They already announced it is going in the VGF1 condo association and won't have the restrictions.

DVD is about selling points and if they price it too high, they will have trouble selling those points, because it will lead new buyers to either RIV or the other resorts.

As mentioned, those adding on and paying $255 is different than trying to entire new buyers and selling millions of points.

I just don't see the price difference being more than $20 to $30/point between RIV and VGF. But, we will know for sure within 6 months!!!

You summed it up pretty well.
Yes, adding a small contract when there is low point availability is very very different than the need to mass market millions of points.

But the resale market and direct market both suggest VGF can demand higher prices than RIV. A price difference of $10-$30 per point would likely be a pretty realistic estimate. A $10-$30 per point "monorail resort premium."

They already announced it is going in the VGF1 condo association and won't have the restrictions.

They announced it was going to be the same condo association (though until they start sales, they can always change that). They have never said anything about whether it will have restrictions.
Much like OKW is 1 association, but there are 2042 contracts and 2057 contracts -- It required significant legal gymnastics to make that work. They could go through the same gymnastics to make just about any change work, but may decide it's not worth it to do so.

We know DVC has filed for a modification of the condo association agreement, we do not yet know the details of that modification:

https://www.dvcresalemarket.com/blo...-refurb-and-grand-floridian-begins-expansion/

I’m more in the lower than the $255 point price camp, but I guess we’ll all know soon enough! But in addition to all the usual points of view, don’t forget the 38 year vs. the normal 50 year expiration date, and the lack of a kitchen sink. And, aside from incentives, all the new resorts have never varied too much in price.

I think Disney is doing it on the cheap so they can price it within a range where it will sell quickly, because if it’s priced to high, as Sandi mentioned, everyone will just buy at Riviera instead.

They announced it was going to be the same condo association (though until they start sales, they can always change that). They have never said anything about whether it will have restrictions.
Much like OKW is 1 association, but there are 2042 contracts and 2057 contracts -- It required significant legal gymnastics to make that work. They could go through the same gymnastics to make just about any change work, but may decide it's not worth it to do so.

We know DVC has filed for a modification of the condo association agreement, we do not yet know the details of that modification:

https://www.dvcresalemarket.com/blo...-refurb-and-grand-floridian-begins-expansion/
Yes OKW extension did not go over very well. DVC will be trying very hard in the near future to get the other 70% extended to 2057, or they will be selling a 15 year contract in 2042.

Yes OKW extension did not go over very well. DVC will be trying very hard in the near future to get the other 70% extended to 2057, or they will be selling a 15 year contract in 2042.

Yup. Just because something is possible doesn't mean it works out well.

2042 will be interesting for OKW. There are reports that Disney is trying to more aggressively buy back 2042 OKW contracts. They likely want to sell as many "new" direct contracts extending to 2057 as possible now. Given if 50-70% of the contracts expire in 2042, with just 15 years left.... it will be difficult to sell them at that point.

I would guess VGF2 would be the same price as Riviera. I think VGF is little bit more desirable IMO, I do love Riviera though but I think VGF is a little better. I would think the same price because of the shorter time left on the contract.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter