Rumoured 10/1 Date For Start Of VGF2 Sales

You mean to tell me the studios will not have a kitchenette sink? Good Grief!! That is some serious cheapness right there. What will they forgo with future DVC resorts? They literally have no shame what so ever.
Tower studios do not have a kitchenette. They have a coffee(Kurig) maker here, a tiny fridge there and a small microwave over there. No sink.

Tower studios do not have a kitchenette. They have a coffee(Kurig) maker here, a tiny fridge there and a small microwave over there. No sink.
Oh ok. I didn't realize it was the tower ones. Thats good to know.

Went for an open house tour at VGF and had extensive conversation about VGF2.

The guide did say there was a lot that they couldn't say. But I asked questions based on my assumptions to get a feel as if they agreed with my assumption or not.

On 10/1 and if there may be any delays. The guide commented that there isn't an official date for sales. Construction is a bit behind. Fingers crossed that would be great for the 50th.

On whether it'll be a different room class. Well the building is significantly more convenient to the [main building, she used another label for it] So that's a possibility.

On cost. Flat out - we don't have that information.

I'm sure all of that is about as helpful as a pufferfish on thanksgiving.

But only at the desk in VGF.
Actually you have to hand an envelope full of cash to the tall gentleman wearing a fedora, black raincoat and dark sun glasses. You have to meet him on level 2 of the Green Garage on alternate Sundays.

Oh ok. I didn't realize it was the tower ones. Thats good to know.

The rumor is the new VGF will be without it too. But I think it’s to say that there are already rooms that exist similar to what is being rumored.

They have never once started prices high and lowered them if demand was soft. They historically open very close/same price as current resorts and then raise them fairly quickly if sales are high.
Wait 'til they start selling the tower at DLH...

The rumor is the new VGF will be without it too. But I think it’s to say that there are already rooms that exist similar to what is being rumored.
Ohhhh. I had it confused. The tower rooms are at Riveria and Disney is going to try that at the new studios at the Grand. Yep, sorry as crap if they pull that.

I have a hunch they will be converting a couple of the existing over size rooms into a club lounge. And because of that, VGF2 will take more points to book than VGF1

Ohhhh. I had it confused. The tower rooms are at Riveria and Disney is going to try that at the new studios at the Grand. Yep, sorry as crap if they pull that.

The studios at VGF will sleep 5. But just like the tower it is rumored no kitchen sink.

Not sure why you term it that way Tower studios are pretty popular so obviously there are DVC owners who find them to be valuable.

Its a different take if it happens, and those who don’t like it don’t buy or stay there.

They will be larger than others too so with the new Murphy bed couch style which gives what is two beds with the comfort I can see many trading that for the sink, especially a family of 5.

On 10/1 and if there may be any delays. The guide commented that there isn't an official date for sales. Construction is a bit behind. Fingers crossed that would be great for the 50th.
Check out the coded message in that:

Hidden message decoded:
On 10/1:
the guide commented that official date for sales would be great for the 50th.

8-) Oh yeah! Message received.

The studios at VGF will sleep 5. But just like the tower it is rumored no kitchen sink.

Not sure why you term it that way Tower studios are pretty popular so obviously there are DVC owners who find them to be valuable.

Its a different take if it happens, and those who don’t like it don’t buy or stay there.

They will be larger than others too so with the new Murphy bed couch style which gives what is two beds with the comfort I can see many trading that for the sink, especially a family of 5.
You shouldn't have to trade off the sink though.

Years ago a monorail pilot solemnly assured us that Disney would never, ever add DVC to the Grand Floridian, due to that hotel being the flagship. The plans were announced a few months later.

You shouldn't have to trade off the sink though.

I guess that is where we differ. All rooms are a little different and if the new VGF rooms dont have the aspects that make sense for your situation then one can stay elsewhere.

Will I be disappointed if the rumor is true? Yes And it may impact my decision to purchase, but it still remains my choice.

If I am traveling with a few people but can’t get a 1 bedroom there, then that extra space would definitely be a plus worth giving up a kitchen sink.

We mostly stay in one bedrooms, and I’ll just be glad to purchase some new direct points at a price that is hopefully not too much more than the current resale price, and less than the $255 Disney was asking when VGF was a sold out resort.

if we did wind up staying in a studio at one point or another, I’d trade the kitchen sink for the better location.

I guess that is where we differ. All rooms are a little different and if the new VGF rooms dont have the aspects that make sense for your situation then one can stay elsewhere.

Will I be disappointed if the rumor is true? Yes And it may impact my decision to purchase, but it still remains my choice.

If I am traveling with a few people but can’t get a 1 bedroom there, then that extra space would definitely be a plus worth giving up a kitchen sink.
The one thing that comes to mind with me though is, what will be the next thing the decide to leave out on the next DVC resort? That just seems to be the mindset of Disney now. Maybe I will be wrong though.

The one thing that comes to mind with me though is, what will be the next thing the decide to leave out on the next DVC resort? That just seems to be the mindset of Disney now. Maybe I will be wrong though.

No doubt they have taken a different approach over the years. 1 bedrooms at BLT and AKV got the 2nd bathroom but didn’t when VGF and RIV were built.

They went studios and bungalows at Poly…no 1 or 2 bedrooms. The DLH tower is rumored to have the smaller rooms like RIV.

It seems they are moving from home away from home and larger villas to rooms that are closer to hotel rooms. And maybe that is what their data is telling them will sell…who knows. Given the price per point they are now selling at, it does make it harder and harder for the financials to work for those larger units given the points it takes to reserve them.

I just want the details so we don’t have to speculate anymore!

Years ago a monorail pilot solemnly assured us that Disney would never, ever add DVC to the Grand Floridian, due to that hotel being the flagship. The plans were announced a few months later.
Cool, he tipped you off on it a few months beforehand, did you end up buying?

They went studios and bungalows at Poly…no 1 or 2 bedrooms. The DLH tower is rumored to have the smaller rooms like RIV.

It seems they are moving from home away from home and larger villas to rooms that are closer to hotel rooms. And maybe that is what their data is telling them will sell…who knows. Given the price per point they are now selling at, it does make it harder and harder for the financials to work for those larger units given the points it takes to reserve them.

The boards are riddled with thread after thread about availability and the relative ease of reserving larger villas over studios. Yes, a lot of it is cost-driven, but it seems that for some time now (going back a number of years) the "how to make the most out of your DVC membership" handbook has leaned heavily on leveraging points by utilizing them for the lowest possible point cost rooms for the longest period of time.

Social media would suggest there are a fair number of familes happy (or maybe just content) to shoehorn themselves into a studio if it means a two-week vacation in Orlando every year.

If you set aside the money grabbing corporate entity hat that Disney definitely wears nowadays, there definitely seems to be metrics suggesting that even without cost considerations, there is a strong demand for studio size units.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter