Rumors of Light (ROL discussion thread)

Now I don't know where I saw it, will have to hunt, but saw tidbit that they were raising AP Shopping Discount from 10% to 20% and no end date was showing. Not sure if restricted location like our old 20% discount ......... but if true, looks like they are trying to drive some revenue.

If so and it's usable at lots of places ............... hoping they are still selling .................

s-l300.jpg

Another tweet, another piece of art but different colors .............

WDW Today t‏@WDWToday
We love tweeting with you and can’t wait to reveal our special surprise at 2p! Like, Reply & RT if you’re as excited as we are!

CtnKm20WIAAWXeb.jpg

Another tweet, another piece of art but different colors .............

WDW Today t‏@WDWToday
We love tweeting with you and can’t wait to reveal our special surprise at 2p! Like, Reply & RT if you’re as excited as we are!

CtnKm20WIAAWXeb.jpg
Well, I sure hope it's not another "bait and switch" like we've been through so many times...all the hype for an "announcement". Let's just hope those Shamans' costumes haven't gotten lost over the summer....

Well, I sure hope it's not another "bait and switch" like we've been through so many times...all the hype for an "announcement". Let's just hope those Shamans' costumes haven't gotten lost over the summer....

Oh I am feeling really good we will be disappointed. That twitter has not been around long, until recently been very controlled and even now is minimally creative. I don't think Disney would hand over anything too big to them.

So if the art matches - the bottom is their twitter handle. The writing that arcs at top is "I (insert letter with angle) ............... ing" and one has a circle cut at corner ............ maybe a new twitter icon .............?

Again no clarification on locations which is key

Sep 2016
Walt Disney World Bringing Back Higher Annual Pass Merchandise Discount

According to inside sources, most annual pass types for Walt Disney World be restoring a 20% merchandise discount.

The discount should go back into effect tomorrow, October 1st, 2016.

This discount was offered several years ago, but was reduced to just 10% a few years back. Disneyland Resort provides most annual passholders a 20% merchandise discount already.

Disney has yet to confirm the change, so it is just a rumor as of right now.

http://wdwnt.com/blog/2016/09/walt-...back-higher-annual-pass-merchandise-discount/

Taken from another board, source unknown:

Discount does not apply to Walt Disney World Resort Operating Participant locations, including but not limited to: China, Japan and Morocco Pavilions at World Showcase in Epcot®, Arribas Brothers, Basin®, Basin White, Cirque du Soleil®, Curl® by Sammy Duvall, Ghirardelli® Ice Cream & Chocolate Shop, House of Blues®, The LEGO® Store, LittleMissMatched®, ORLANDO HARLEY-DAVIDSON®, Pop Gallery, Rainforest Cafe®, Rubio Balloon Arts, Sammy Duvall's Watersports Centre, Sosa Family Cigars, Something Silver®, Splitsville Luxury Lanes", Sunglass Icon®, Surrey Bike Rentals, T-REX, Wyland Galleries, The Disney Store, Disney's Character Premiere, Disney's Character Warehouse, Cast Connection and any other locations or kiosks that are not owned and operated by the owners of Walt Disney WorldResort.

Discount is not valid on previous purchases or on purchases of ticket media, gift certificates, Disney Gift Cards, Park admission, Arcades, Disney Dollars, tobacco, alcohol, outdoor vending (e.g., in-Park balloon vendors, glow vendors), Add-a-Dollar (Wildlife Conservation Fund), postage stamps, rentals (e.g., strollers, ECV), personalization, Disney PhotoPass+, Disney PhotoPass® Online, Disney Store Online, framed Disney Dollars, Artist Sketch Program (original art), original or consignment art, newspapers/periodicals, videos, DVDs, CDs, sundries, pantry/prepared foods, digital/video/disposable cameras, film, consumer electronics, Titleist® and Cobra® golf equipment, National branded fragrances, treatments and cosmetics, Lladró, Armani, Hummel, Swarovski® Crystal, Walt Disney Classics Collection, select collectible originals, select specialty items, handmade items, special orders, purchase-with-purchase offers, Bibbidi Bobbidi Boutique and The Pirates League packages, shipping or taxes, or on phone, email, online or mail order purchases. A valid Passholder ID and government-issued photo ID must be presented at time of purchase to receive discount. May not be combined with any other discount, offer, or promotion. Discount is for personal use only and may not be used to purchase merchandise with the intent to resell the merchandise.

Discount does not apply to Walt Disney World Resort Operating Participant locations, including but not limited to: China, Japan and Morocco Pavilions at World Showcase in Epcot®, Arribas Brothers, Basin®, Basin White, Cirque du Soleil®, Curl® by Sammy Duvall, Ghirardelli® Ice Cream & Chocolate Shop, House of Blues®, The LEGO® Store, LittleMissMatched®, ORLANDO HARLEY-DAVIDSON®, Pop Gallery, Rainforest Cafe®, Rubio Balloon Arts, Sammy Duvall's Watersports Centre, Sosa Family Cigars, Something Silver®, Splitsville Luxury Lanes", Sunglass Icon®, Surrey Bike Rentals, T-REX, Wyland Galleries, The Disney Store, Disney's Character Premiere, Disney's Character Warehouse, Cast Connection and any other locations or kiosks that are not owned and operated by the owners of Walt Disney WorldResort.

Discount is not valid on previous purchases or on purchases of ticket media, gift certificates, Disney Gift Cards, Park admission, Arcades, Disney Dollars, tobacco, alcohol, outdoor vending (e.g., in-Park balloon vendors, glow vendors), Add-a-Dollar (Wildlife Conservation Fund), postage stamps, rentals (e.g., strollers, ECV), personalization, Disney PhotoPass+, Disney PhotoPass® Online, Disney Store Online, framed Disney Dollars, Artist Sketch Program (original art), original or consignment art, newspapers/periodicals, videos, DVDs, CDs, sundries, pantry/prepared foods, digital/video/disposable cameras, film, consumer electronics, Titleist® and Cobra® golf equipment, National branded fragrances, treatments and cosmetics, Lladró, Armani, Hummel, Swarovski® Crystal, Walt Disney Classics Collection, select collectible originals, select specialty items, handmade items, special orders, purchase-with-purchase offers, Bibbidi Bobbidi Boutique and The Pirates League packages, shipping or taxes, or on phone, email, online or mail order purchases. A valid Passholder ID and government-issued photo ID must be presented at time of purchase to receive discount. May not be combined with any other discount, offer, or promotion. Discount is for personal use only and may not be used to purchase merchandise with the intent to resell the merchandise.
Source is the Disney Website:
https://disneyworld.disney.go.com/p...benefits-and-discounts/merchandise-discounts/

So that is the current one ................ if the new one maintains that ...............

And it means I can now still use in park stores I am okay with that. The old 20% was always just World of Disney at DS. While it was a blow at first the 10% it was nice to finally be able to use in the parks.

I pulled the two together, hastily. Guess.
Bottom is their twitter and it could have something below it.
Guessing on top.
I'm ---ing.
Not much room since only part of D and T are missing.
What about ...
I'm going

To what?
Could just be PR for the MK 45th tomorrow
Could be for a new event
Maybe another 24 Hour?
Maybe a NEW thing to see in MK? Hmmmm.

Or maybe none of the above and my imagination has gone rogue. :crazy2:

AA735926-72F9-411D-83E9-CA9E1C10BEB6.jpg

So that is the current one ................ if the new one maintains that ...............

And it means I can now still use in park stores I am okay with that. The old 20% was always just World of Disney at DS. While it was a blow at first the 10% it was nice to finally be able to use in the parks.
Sorry.... was posted elsewhere as the new one....unless it's not changing......

I pulled the two together, hastily. Guess.
Bottom is their twitter and it could have something below it.
Guessing on top.
I'm ---ing.
Not much room since only part of D and T are missing.
What about ...
I'm going

To what?
Could just be PR for the MK 45th tomorrow
Could be for a new event
Maybe another 24 Hour?
Maybe a NEW thing to see in MK? Hmmmm.

Or maybe none of the above and my imagination has gone rogue. :crazy2:

AA735926-72F9-411D-83E9-CA9E1C10BEB6.jpg
My guess would be the first word is not "I'm". If you compare the "n" in "ing" font they're using should have the "m" with a vertical leg. Seems to be slanted to me. I'm also wondering what (if any) the significance of the background colors are.

Thanks to @HopperFan's cryptic haiku, all I can do now is think of all the Rumors that include Light that I really want to be true....

Besides the obvious Rivers of Light, there's the return of the Osbourne Lights....or the Main Street Electrical Parade staying....or Paint The Night coming....or something for Rouge One (with light sabers!)......or Haunted Mansion holiday (has nothing to do with lights, I'd just really like to see it in WDW!!)..... :)

My guess would be the first word is not "I'm". If you compare the "n" in "ing" font they're using should have the "m" with a vertical leg. Seems to be slanted to me. I'm also wondering what (if any) the significance of the background colors are.

Good eye and we had talked "am" but I was thinking space but then DS said there might be gap in their name. Color is an issue too. Make us crazy.

Hmmmm - we should know in 15 minutes.

Thanks to @HopperFan's cryptic haiku, all I can do now is think of all the Rumors that include Light that I really want to be true....

Besides the obvious Rivers of Light, there's the return of the Osbourne Lights....or the Main Street Electrical Parade staying....or Paint The Night coming....or something for Rouge One (with light sabers!)......or Haunted Mansion holiday (has nothing to do with lights, I'd just really like to see it in WDW!!)..... :)

Well I said it was not ROL.

Osborne will never return, honestly most that wasn't even original Osborne so why keep paying them. If Disney brings back similar they will own name.

But I did say something about lights. :rolleyes1

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Our Dreams Unlimited Travel Agents will assist you in booking the perfect Disney getaway, all at no extra cost to you. Get the most out of your vacation by letting us assist you with dining and park reservations, provide expert advice, answer any questions, and continuously search for discounts to ensure you get the best deal possible.

CLICK HERE

facebook twitter