Rumors of Light (ROL discussion thread)

I know this is a few pages late now, but I got an adorable one on Etsy. It is red with five Mickey heads of varying sizes down the side of the front. Love it!

Is that the one with the glitter Mickey heads on front and one on the top of the back? I bought that one and the black one with Minnie and Mickey kissing!

I'm surprised some of your comments make it through moderation, to be honest.
I wonder if they are as entertained (or defeated :surfweb: ) by all of this as we are...like hey I had 3 comments about ROL on my article, how many did you have? Of course maybe they're just holding out on the information because people like me visit the site every 30 minutes and their numbers are up?!

Would you be skipping AK if RoL were never announced?

I was on the fence. What's pushed me over is the planning. The current system is FANTASTIC...until schedules and rides start changing. If I were planing most trips, 30 days advance notice would be PLENTY. Unfortunately, it's nearly impossible to change plans inside of 30 days without giving up a reservation or ride (I did this 2 years ago, and it sucked).

I doubt you would ever have any design approved for selling...Disney is VERY protective of their trademark. The designs included with the embroidery machine (I think it's Brother, isn't it?) are for personal use only...not to make and sell items. I used to do a lot of craft shows with my home embroidery, and know of many vendors who got in trouble for trying to sell logo stuff...I know you can see a lot of it on Etsy, but I have heard they are even cracking down there.
Yes my machine is a Brother and it came with all sorts of warnings for personal use only. I don't need the Disney police knocking down my door. Then again if they had ROL info I might not mind so much:rotfl2: Like I said I'm a long time Disney fan even my sewing machine has Mickey on it:banana:

Thank you so much! My family thinks I'm crazy, and is afraid I'm over planning-- but with Disney it seems that planning is necessary to even successfully "go with the flow."
My family did too! We took my parents with us our First trip and I was on theses boards night and day. Nothing has changed however lol! My dad started to get frustrated with my planing until we were there and everything ran smoothly
Then and only then did he understand and complimented me!

I totally agree with you. I think they are waiting to update the hours for AK to make sure that April 22 is a firm date for ROL going live.

Still doesn't explain why they haven't updated June hours for MK & AK. Again, maybe they are waiting to see what kind of crowds get drawn to ROL instead of the other parks.
This exactly! We are going in June and while I agree, fine, don't update anything for AK until you know for sure yada yada yada, but what in the world does that have to do with not updating MK hours....unless you are flat out going to close that park at 10pm for the entire first month of the summer. The roll out of all things AK in the evening have absolutely no bearing on whether or not MK should be open later than 10pm during the summer months. Usually this is updated by Disney in Feb and it's almost freaking April. This is just stupid stupid stupid.

Here is the design on the t shirt I most like to wear:

0c122c16-82a8-4add-8f73-5f82dbaa5a47_zps9xjohxgb.jpg

I get lots of comments!

Latest posts

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Our Dreams Unlimited Travel Agents will assist you in booking the perfect Disney getaway, all at no extra cost to you. Get the most out of your vacation by letting us assist you with dining and park reservations, provide expert advice, answer any questions, and continuously search for discounts to ensure you get the best deal possible.

CLICK HERE

facebook twitter