Rumors of Genie+ price increase?

HeiHei2018

Mouseketeer
Have there been any rumors of a Genie+ price increase? I really only want it for 2/3 days, but it would be simpler to add it to all days now if they are going to increase the price from $15 to $20. They kept a pretty tight lid on the last price increase. So many unknowns.

Have there been any rumors of a Genie+ price increase? I really only want it for 2/3 days, but it would be simpler to add it to all days now if they are going to increase the price from $15 to $20. They kept a pretty tight lid on the last price increase. So many unknowns.
Undercover tourist still sold tickets under the old price for 2 weeks after Disney’s last price increase. So buy tickets there if you find out about an increase.

No rumors as of yet but I wouldn't be surprised if Genie+ does raise in price. Some of the issues as to why it is hard to navigate is because of the amount of people using the system. Not that Disney cares about whether Genie+ has issues or not to be honest.

They’re going to increase the price, it’s just a matter of when. Demand is very high for this, to the point where it’s less effective than it could be.

Anyway there are no rumors but I would guess it happens in the fall.

No rumors as of yet but I wouldn't be surprised if Genie+ does raise in price. Some of the issues as to why it is hard to navigate is because of the amount of people using the system. Not that Disney cares about whether Genie+ has issues or not to be honest.
Raising the price isn’t going to make it better. Genie+ is basically a necessity to have a halfway enjoyable experience at HS and MK, and it’s nearly useless at AK and Epcot. Going from $15 to $20 per day isn’t going to change that dynamic and most people buying in at $15 will buy in at $20.

Raising the price isn’t going to make it better. Genie+ is basically a necessity to have a halfway enjoyable experience at HS and MK, and it’s nearly useless at AK and Epcot. Going from $15 to $20 per day isn’t going to change that dynamic and most people buying in at $15 will buy in at $20.
I agree with you when it comes to raising the price from $15 to $20. Unfortunately I feel like Genie+ will need to double or triple the price in order to avoid having too many people using the service and making it harder to use. In effect that will turn more people away from Disney since a lot of people will not want to spend potentially $100+ per person per day for a skip the line service. I don't want Disney to go down this route but I have a feeling in the future they will.

I agree with you when it comes to raising the price from $15 to $20. Unfortunately I feel like Genie+ will need to double or triple the price in order to avoid having too many people using the service and making it harder to use. In effect that will turn more people away from Disney since a lot of people will not want to spend potentially $100+ per person per day for a skip the line service. I don't want Disney to go down this route but I have a feeling in the future they will.

Universal went that route. They charge up to $299, in addition to the $100+ ticket price, for their express pass.

If Disney charges a similar price, their fast pass will have the same results as the Universal pass - you should be able to get on anything whenever you want.

The main question: Do we want a 'cheap' fast pass to ride 2-5 things a day, or an 'expensive' fast pass to ride anything we want whenever we want? I don't think you can have both.

Universal went that route. They charge up to $299, in addition to the $100+ ticket price, for their express pass.

If Disney charges a similar price, their fast pass will have the same results as the Universal pass - you should be able to get on anything whenever you want.

The main question: Do we want a 'cheap' fast pass to ride 2-5 things a day, or an 'expensive' fast pass to ride anything we want whenever we want? I don't think you can have both.
True, but UO gives free access to guest at thei 3 deluxe hotel guest. Also it does not work for the most popular rides.

Express pass is good for everything but the 2 newest, Hagrids & Velocicoaster (and a kids flyer).
I think it’s worth it, and we purchase it every trip as we don’t stay at UO.
Interested to see what happens when they open the new park.

True, but UO gives free access to guest at thei 3 deluxe hotel guest. Also it does not work for the most popular rides.
If Disney goes this route people will complain that they are favoring the “wealthy” who stay at deluxe resorts. And what happens to DVC members at deluxe resorts? If they give it to all who stay on property then it is too popular and not useful. If the price goes up too much then they are gouging hard working families.

I don’t know what the right answer is. I just know someone will be unhappy no matter what.

If Disney goes this route people will complain that they are favoring the “wealthy” who stay at deluxe resorts. And what happens to DVC members at deluxe resorts? If they give it to all who stay on property then it is too popular and not useful. If the price goes up too much then they are gouging hard working families.

I don’t know what the right answer is. I just know someone will be unhappy no matter what.

Disney won't go this route, IMO, because they know Universal has 0 intention of maintaining this benefit. They offer it because they need to right now to fill those rooms. No way their long term business model is "stick 5 people in a 600 dollar hotel room and you get over $1000 in line skipping".

Disney won't go this route, IMO, because they know Universal has 0 intention of maintaining this benefit. They offer it because they need to right now to fill those rooms. No way their long term business model is "stick 5 people in a 600 dollar hotel room and you get over $1000 in line skipping".
Interesting. Universal has been offering the Express Pass to guests at their top-tier resorts for quite some time now. I recall staying at Portofino Bay with my husband and the kids back around 2002/2003 and we had *free* Express Passes back then.

Interesting. Universal has been offering the Express Pass to guests at their top-tier resorts for quite some time now. I recall staying at Portofino Bay with my husband and the kids back around 2002/2003 and we had *free* Express Passes back then.

They've needed to do so for a really long time because they've always been second fiddle. I think these days they don't feel as much of that and when their third gate opens they really won't feel like that.

They're about start testing Premier Access Ultimate at Disneyland Paris this summer. It gives you one-time access to all major attractions for a flat fee (around $100 USD).

It wouldn't surprise me if a Genie+ Ultimate comes stateside.
Does DP have the VIP tours as an option? Seems like that kind of pass would get in the way of VIP tours in Orlando. Though I would love VIP access for $100pp in Orlando, I’m not sure that’s realistic. The VIP tours make so much money and sell out so quickly with waitlists as well… it doesn’t seem logical to offer that in Orlando, but I know I would jump on the option of a $100 express pass at WDW!

The deluxe hotels are a partnership with Loews. I believe it's also a contractual requirement of that partnership, so it's not going away.

Does DP have the VIP tours as an option? Seems like that kind of pass would get in the way of VIP tours in Orlando. Though I would love VIP access for $100pp in Orlando, I’m not sure that’s realistic. The VIP tours make so much money and sell out so quickly with waitlists as well… it doesn’t seem logical to offer that in Orlando, but I know I would jump on the option of a $100 express pass at WDW!

Paris has VIP tours. VIP tours are a limited source of additional income and require an employee. It's also a completely different, catered to, experience with backstage transportation. Imagine how many more families would purchase a $100 per ticket Ultimate Pass. Lots of revenue potential there.

I'm curious if it will work with park hopping. I guess we'll find out this summer.

Paris seems to have become Disney's go to test park since COVID. Less guests? Lightening Lane debuted there, the drone firework show, now this, etc.

Universal has basically frozen the hotel included express pass. Its not available to a new park, Volcano Bay. Its not offered to newer resorts
Sapphire Falls is equivalent to Royal Pacific, except included express pass.

Universal has basically frozen the hotel included express pass. Its not available to a new park, Volcano Bay. Its not offered to newer resorts
Sapphire Falls is equivalent to Royal Pacific, except included express pass.
But my point was that for not being a long-term business model (per the PP), it has been around for a pretty long time.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!