• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Rumor? Seas and The Land closing?

<puts on flame retardant Mickey ears>
I hear you on the argument against Intellectual Property, but Imagination would be awesome with an "Inside/Out" redo, as would adding Coco to the ride in the Mexico.

Ohhhhh no, I hope this doesn’t happen. I love Living with the Land.

And, I have also grown to love Nemo’s presence at The Seas (even though I still miss the hydrolators!) Nemo is so cute, and my kids just love it. In January, we rode it 3 times in a row with my 2 year old. We’d walk off and he’d say “Again! Again!” He walked around the rest of the day saying “Neeeeemo, where are you?” Now I have an emotional attachment to it.

I am not opposed to change. I loved Maelstrom and cried actual tears when it closed. I wasn’t looking forward to the Frozen replacement, but tried to keep an open mind. I actually really like FEA and it’s a must do for us. In the back of my mind, I still miss Maelstrom, but I really enjoy FEA.

I’m just afraid of what they’d do here and I hate to see more of classic Epcot bite the dust.

Can we just get get a mega Epcot throwback pavilion already? Horizons, World of Motion, Cranium Command, etc.? No? Is this asking too much? :)
Maybe they can move the star tours vehicles to epcot and have body wars back when they remove it, unless they leave them there and retheme.

<puts on flame retardant Mickey ears>
I hear you on the argument against Intellectual Property, but Imagination would be awesome with an "Inside/Out" redo, as would adding Coco to the ride in the Mexico.
Can’t speak for everyone in this thread, but I think most don’t mind IP if it makes thematic sense. Which is true for Ratatouille in France, and even Nemo in the seas pavilion. Both your ideas fit fine with the concept of the pavilions they’d be going in.

It’s when we get frozen overtaking Norway and guardians of the galaxy shoehorned into Epcot just “cause” that people get a bit irked

Maybe they can move the star tours vehicles to epcot and have body wars back when they remove it, unless they leave them there and retheme.

Oh, I’d for sure take Body Wars back too! But it’s never gonna happen :( Will be interesting to see what happens to Star Tours, though.

Can’t speak for everyone in this thread, but I think most don’t mind IP if it makes thematic sense. Which is true for Ratatouille in France, and even Nemo in the seas pavilion. Both your ideas fit fine with the concept of the pavilions they’d be going in.

It’s when we get frozen overtaking Norway and guardians of the galaxy shoehorned into Epcot just “cause” that people get a bit irked
Mind you I am talking about a complete overhaul - not a cheap overlay. I'm not a fan of the current Test Track, not because it isn't a good ride, but because they didn't change it enough. The two accelerate/brake runs make no sense the way they are now, but made a lot of sense in the original because they were "testing" the ABS brake system vs. "conventional" braking. Similarly, just shoe-horning Coco in with the 3 caballeros would not go far enough - revamping to include a Dio de los Muertos story line would be much better.

Mind you I am talking about a complete overhaul - not a cheap overlay. I'm not a fan of the current Test Track, not because it isn't a good ride, but because they didn't change it enough. The two accelerate/brake runs make no sense the way they are now, but made a lot of sense in the original because they were "testing" the ABS brake system vs. "conventional" braking. Similarly, just shoe-horning Coco in with the 3 caballeros would not go far enough - revamping to include a Dio de los Muertos story line would be much better.
Fair enough. I definitely would say that imagination needs to be stripped down to bare bones and rebuilt. Though I’d personally rather the ride revolve around figment, but really there’s bathrooms that are preferable to the current ride, so I can’t be too picky

Oh, I’d for sure take Body Wars back too! But it’s never gonna happen :( Will be interesting to see what happens to Star Tours, though.
I think Star Tours is going nowhere due to the re-ridability as they added scenes from the new movies (here's hoping that continues in fact - more scenes please!). My beloved Muppets though - man are they ever in the wrong neighborhood now! Here's hoping the imagineers can sprinkle some pixie dust their way with a re-theme so they can stay.

Epcot is going through a major transformation. It wouldn’t surprise me to see major changes to these pavilions but it would surprise me to see both completely demolished.

They also note 2024-2026. So much can happen between now and then. Look at DHS. It was near certain that Cars land was going to be built there and then it wasn’t. You also had a different version of Star Wars land that would’ve went in the echo lake area. So take it with a grain of salt for now.
This area should specifically FLORIDA THEMED. Soaring Florida, Florida citrus and crops, green market and fresh foods vs theme park nuggets. Move the aquarium to a new area in Animal Kingdom. Create a real aquarium to compete with Fl and Ga Aquariums.

I think Star Tours is going nowhere due to the re-ridability as they added scenes from the new movies (here's hoping that continues in fact - more scenes please!). My beloved Muppets though - man are they ever in the wrong neighborhood now! Here's hoping the imagineers can sprinkle some pixie dust their way with a re-theme so they can stay.
I have seen multiple rumors that say otherwise. I thought it was silly to not extend GE to include the ride but they chose a land with less attractions instead.

I think many people actually want Coco to be in the Mexico pavilion as it would fit quite well, even some purists

It would be perfection.

If there is one movie that I wish Imagineering would work their "magic" on and make it come to life for all of us, it's Coco.

I've seen it about 5 times at this point and I still have my breath taken away by the beauty of it and the beauty of the music. My absolute, all-time, favorite Pixar movie.
::yes::

When I think of EPCOT I think of discovery and opening your mind to new things - so if an IP can help accomplish that I am all for it

So even something like Frozen theoretically could work it riding it made me want to learn more about Norway - I am not sure that it does. What is Guardians going to help me explore and discover? I mean, it could still be about the evolution of energy, just using these IP to tell that, but I suspect that will not be the case

Just saw this on a Yahoo post that Living with the Land and The Seas will be bulldozed around 2025 I phase 2of Epcot overhaul. Anyone know more?
Insiders have killed this rumor - MagicFeather and Martin at WDWMagic.com have both said this is NOT happening and both know of plans (phase 3 of Epcot redo) that entail some refurbs for both pavilions. No time table on those refurbs though. Plus Disney themselves had announced a replacement for the film in the Land, so this really makes no sense at all, by all reports though Tom is hanging onto it on Twitter like a cat with a fresh mouse
It's perfect click bait.
yes “clicks” is something his sight is WELL known for. NEVER trust rumors from “Clickbait ******”. Even when he hits the odds that a rumor is true it’s already been confirmed through multiple other sights
I have wondered about the sustainability of The Seas... an aquarium of that size must be outrageously expensive and then there’s the question of “should dolphins and other marine mammals be in captivity at all?” I could see, and would not be too devastated by some big changes coming to The Seas.

But if anything happens to Living with the Land....
The Seas has a joint research adventure with a university I believe. Plus the USDA research with Land would make both these pavilions just shutting down mean burning some serious bridges.

Plus as the insiders have already stated- overhaul of rest of Future world would be at least pass 3, not 2 (literally laughin at this rumor on the other board). Sheesh even a simple google search would turn that up and “Clickbait” can’t even get such a small detail correct:sad2:

When I think of EPCOT I think of discovery and opening your mind to new things - so if an IP can help accomplish that I am all for it

So even something like Frozen theoretically could work it riding it made me want to learn more about Norway - I am not sure that it does. What is Guardians going to help me explore and discover? I mean, it could still be about the evolution of energy, just using these IP to tell that, but I suspect that will not be the case
The bottom line is future world needs a direction, which it severely lacks currently. I really don’t think current management knows what they’re doing, and just are plugging in anything they can. But maybe they do have a vision, and it’ll all make sense in the end

The one thing I will say is that again WDI will only replace something with something BETTER. A LOT better. Look at Fantasyland, Wishes, Disney Studios expansion, things going on in Epcot already, all exciting and BETTER changes.

Gotta say you are the first person I’ve ever seen with this opinion. Usually there’s at least one change somebody disagrees with. Next to nobody seems to think that Stitchs Great Escape is better than ExtraTERRORestrial was, that the princess hall is better than Snow White, that new Figment is better than old Figment, etc.

Personally I always trust them with new builds, they rarely misfire there. Full on replacements tend to be lateral moves on average. And reimaginings of rides are nearly always a step down. So I prefer when they touch something, that they just demo it to start, and purpose build.

The one thing I will say is that again WDI will only replace something with something BETTER. A LOT better. Look at Fantasyland, Wishes, Disney Studios expansion, things going on in Epcot already, all exciting and BETTER changes.

Present Test Track, Frozen overlay, Grand Fiesta overlay of the Rio del Tiempo, loss of Dreamfinder, all those lost EPCOT attractions, cutting streetmosphere at all parks, Princess Meet and Greet instead of Snow White, etc, etc doesn't support your argument.

Anyone remember lumberjack contests in the Canada pavilion?

Last edited:
Sadly my dream of a new EPCOT will never come to pass, as Disney and Universal would never work out a deal to give the Marvel Theme Park rights over to Disney.

Who wouldn't want to see a STARK WORLD FAIR pavilion as an educational/entertainment area?
oh well, maybe I can still get a Muppet Labs in a new innovention pavilion....

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter