Rumor has it.... discounts through March 7th

I just booked SPD - I'm at CBR for a week in January. My early estimate is that it saved me 45% on dining based on the price.

Chip & Co. has a rumor on facebook that Free Dining is coming tomorrow. IF True this would be the HUGEST positive development in Disney Discounts in YEARS. All discounts seem to have moved in a negative direction for the last 5 years. Definitely crossing my fingers as this would be awesome for a lot of people!

Free Dining was started to get people back to Disney in late summer after the summer of 3 hurricanes.

Maybe WDW bookings down due to Zika concerns. Young families where parents might be planning for another child would seem to be their biggest target customer and the ones with most reason to be cautious.

I am going to Orlando both February and April but no possibility of getting pregnant for me. WDW resort prices are absurdly high. If the discount is good enough I will stay Deluxe on property. If not, it will be Value or moderate.

How do you book with the Disney Visa code? Is there a separate site or do you go from the rewards site?

Free Dining was started to get people back to Disney in late summer after the summer of 3 hurricanes.

Maybe WDW bookings down due to Zika concerns. Young families where parents might be planning for another child would seem to be their biggest target customer and the ones with most reason to be cautious.

I am going to Orlando both February and April but no possibility of getting pregnant for me. WDW resort prices are absurdly high. If the discount is good enough I will stay Deluxe on property. If not, it will be Value or moderate.
FYI - the discount was released this morning. It was NOT Free Dining but instead the PlayStayDine of the past years. Definitely not as good as free dining, so oh well! Still a discount!

Its SPD and RO discounts, not FD sadly. Hopefully the RO discounts are decent and not just for the more expensive upgraded views.

I booked at 7 am exact spd deal. However, did not anticipate having to upgrade my standard room to a pool view so that cost slightly more than what I had anticipated. Still worth it. Would have been only 10% room discount at port orleans riverside. 20% at carribean. Not many moderates available with spd deal so stayed with POR despite room upgrade costs.

Booked this morning. Got right in, no wait and got an awesome agent. Couldn't get the POP for my dates (feb28-march5) but got POR pool view. He even processed a room request for me. Super efficient and done in 15 min

Anyone know if/what the RO discounts are at the Deluxes? May try for the Poly if RO is decent.

Shoot, I wish this was on the Disney website. I'd like to see the discounts and dates -- has anyone booked a room only deal for April

I just did an online chat:

Abigail Lynn: Special offers for Disney Rewards Visa cardholders were released this morning and can be booked by calling the Disney Reservation Center at 407-560-CHAT (2428) . Our hours are 7:00 am - 11:00 pm EST.

you: Thank you for confirming! Is there any way to book this deal online?

Abigail Lynn: This offer will be available for online bookings beginning October 3, 2016

Anyone know if/what the RO discounts are at the Deluxes? May try for the Poly if RO is decent.

I don't know about all deluxes but I inquired about Contemporary (only 10%) and Wilderness Lodge (25%). I bookedWL at 25%. I could not get a standard room with the offer though. I had to book courtyard for the discount.

I don't know about all deluxes but I inquired about Contemporary (only 10%) and Wilderness Lodge (25%). I bookedWL at 25%. I could not get a standard room with the offer though. I had to book courtyard for the discount.

I've seen Beach Club as 10% from another poster. I'm looking for Boardwalk, but I really don't want to call and then be disappointed if it's 10% too.

Oh my gosh 10% discount?! That doesn't even cover the room tax!

Edit: Although you guys are talking about SPD deal right? I hope that's not a room-only percentage off!

I'm on hold, the agent I got said I can not book the room only and add the tickets and meal plan. I previously had a package booked. My only concern would be loosing CRT since I booked with the meal plan and I'd hate to loose it or have to pay OOP...
She's back, it might work out...

I just did YC RO. She said the YC discount was 25% but of course, no standard views, so I actually got 20% off he rack rate I priced yesterday. I think I got $358 or so for Garden View. Yesterday online was $425 for standard.

WL available rooms were More than YC and MORE than the standard rack rate from yesterday.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter