• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Rumor about “modified experiences” when Disney reopens (read 1st post for potential modifications being considered)

Status
Not open for further replies.
My guess is that the parties won't happen until the point when parades and fireworks are allowed again. But who knows :(
We don't even know what phase Florida will be in by August, that is a long way away when it comes to this virus, things could be worlds different by then.

You think there's any chance Univeral will open before Disney?
anything is possible. I am of the thought that both properties would open at the same time, but they might just open Universal first and Disney will wait and see and let Universal take the brunt of the PR-madness "oh my God they opened the theme parks, that's crazy"

I would think that IF Universal opens first, the latest Disney would open would be about a week later.
We have never been to Universal, but if they’re open while we are down there this year and Disney isn’t, I would not be opposed to going. My kids love Harry Potter. I’m just trying to find something to look forward to...

We have never been to Universal, but if they’re open while we are down there this year and Disney isn’t, I would not be opposed to going. My kids love Harry Potter. I’m just trying to find something to look forward to...
Universal is such a relaxed vacation as opposed to Disney, people used to hate on it because it didn't have the same level of costumer service but I can tell you without a doubt they have upped their game and almost all TM are as atentive or even more than CM. Universal is the only place where I have scanned my ticket and they tell me "thanks for being an annual passholder" The food at quick services is better and the rides are more advance. They do have a fascination with screen rides which is my only complain and the fact that I cannot stream or video tape in almost none of the attractions
If you have a HP fan they will absolutely love it

Universal is in a much better position to open up. Way less resorts, no DVC, less parks. I’ve said from the start it’s much easier for them to be fair about who they let in, because they don’t have so many resorts that they have to limit it to resort guests only. They could do a little resort, a little AP, and little general. Everyone gets a chance.

Universal is in a much better position to open up. Way less resorts, no DVC, less parks. I’ve said from the start it’s much easier for them to be fair about who they let in, because they don’t have so many resorts that they have to limit it to resort guests only. They could do a little resort, a little AP, and little general. Everyone gets a chance.
that would definitely put some pressure on Disney to open. From a competitive urgency stand point.

Universal is such a relaxed vacation as opposed to Disney, people used to hate on it because it didn't have the same level of costumer service but I can tell you without a doubt they have upped their game and almost all TM are as atentive or even more than CM. Universal is the only place where I have scanned my ticket and they tell me "thanks for being an annual passholder" The food at quick services is better and the rides are more advance. They do have a fascination with screen rides which is my only complain and the fact that I cannot stream or video tape in almost none of the attractions
If you have a HP fan they will absolutely love it
That is awesome to hear! Growing up, we always went Disney. So that’s what I’ve just continued with my children. However, with YouTube vlogs and stuff - my interest has been piqued over the years. My kids are ten now, so I definitely think they are at the age where they could enjoy almost everything there is there. Especially HP!

But you don't seem to understand that a bandana tied around the face will not stop this virus. It's ridiculous to think it will. Doctors and nurses who are wearing surgical masks and even N95 masks all day are still catching the virus.

These masks are giving you a huge false sense of security. They don't stop a virus like this. If doctors are catching it even when wearing N95 masks, then a bandana is useless.

Any reduction is better than no reduction and bandannas help some. I firmly believe for now face masks should be required though. And the comparison to folks in hospitals isn't really valid since they are sitting in closed rooms for hours in a day with COVID positive people.

ANY REDUCTION IS GOOD REDUCTION.

Last edited:
I rescheduled my June 1st reservation for mid-August. I see that Mickey's Not So Scary Halloween Party is starting August 13th. My question would be: if they are not going to have parades and fireworks, do you think they will still have these events? What would the selling point of these events be if the parks are already at a limited capacity? Thoughts?
We were hoping to go to one of these in August, but we're taking a wait and see approach. We have nothing to compare it since last year was our first time going to MNNSHP, but for an August party (2nd one of the season), we thought it was pretty crowded. Speculating they'll probably have to sell fewer tickets and/or offer some sort of modified experience if they can't do the traditional things.

That is awesome to hear! Growing up, we always went Disney. So that’s what I’ve just continued with my children. However, with YouTube vlogs and stuff - my interest has been piqued over the years. My kids are ten now, so I definitely think they are at the age where they could enjoy almost everything there is there. Especially HP!
There's a Universal forum right here on the boards that might be helpful as well. The main thing I hear about parentsa is they say there's nothing for the little ones to do, but in both US and IOA they have great kid areas, including huge parks and water splash zones that are super fun. Most of the attractions might have a height requirement but there's definitely something for kids to do
I may book a room at Hard Rock in case the Disney resorts aren’t open but I hope they are! Thanks yulilin for the good news!
Not a bad idea

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter