Rumor about “modified experiences” when Disney reopens (read 1st post for potential modifications being considered)

Status
Not open for further replies.
I cant see June happening with an official comment like that. They still arent even denying 2021 so seems even they are not confident that it wont keep them closed that long.

I'm surprised this was the first mention of the comment. Mazloun used pretty strong wording for a June opening still being up in the air. This was more "we are going to give you bad news, and just to remind you, we never told all of you it was opening in June." Again, I am new here, but I have maintained quietly that it will probably be awhile before it opens. Too many health questions, and way too many economic ones. Not economic as in the economy is bad, but economic as in can WDW make money with all the variability. Disney is taking a guess at opening knowing that what you supply is going to be crappy by comparison to a public that will probably not have a lot of demand. It's like bringing day old bread to people who aren't all that hungry.

(Full disclosure: out of state AP holder here with a trip planned 6/12-6/19. I am invested in Disney staying closed until at least 6/20 so I get additional AP refund. No way in hell I am taking my wife and 2 kids under 7 to WDW in June.)

Edit: June trip was planned way before the time of corona haha.

I think they should only reopen to Florida residents first for about a month then to out of state the following month. Not sure what to do about international travelers.
Wouldn't that be a federal decision? In any event I don't think it matters anyway. International borders won't open to travel until this is under control I would imagine.

NFL has announced that they will begin play in September. This is big for sports and Disney in my opinion if they want to pack so many people in one stadium. There will of course be social distancing measures put in place. For example, the Miami dolphins stadium will be closing every other metal detector line so lines are spaced apart. Fans will be exiting the stadium row by row. :scared:

If it helps, I'm taking it very seriously and live in a hotspot, but also am ready to strap on a mask and go to Disney. Maybe it's because I live in a hotspot that I'm more comfortable being in a crowd right now (assuming they're also in masks/taking precautions) - wouldn't be much different from every day life with people passing each other on the street/in the store.

I deleted my post because it wasn't Disney related, and I'm sure was going to be reported as such, but you seemed prepared! A lot of people who want Disney to open very soon though don't want masks at all. Should be interesting to see how it plays out.

Wouldn't that be a federal decision? In any event I don't think it matters anyway. International borders won't open to travel until this is under control I would imagine.

Does Florida have any sort of "mandatory quarantine" for out of state visitors right now? My state (SC) did if you came from a hotspot, but it has since been dropped (as of today). That would have a huge bearing on any trips scheduled soon.

NFL has announced that they will begin play in September. This is big for sports and Disney in my opinion if they want to pack so many people in one stadium. There will of course be social distancing measures put in place. For example, the Miami dolphins stadium will be closing every other metal detector line so lines are spaced apart. Fans will be exiting the stadium row by row. :scared:
Sounds like normal schedule

Link?

From the article I read about it now, it says it has yet to announce if fans are allowed to attend?

I thought I posted this earlier, but it isn't there. No idea why, but here goes again...

First, both the CDC and WHO say that Covid is not a truly "airborne" virus. If someone coughs or sneezes near you, it will be for a matter of seconds. Covid is mostly spread through contact. So if you are avoiding touching walls, railings, etc., cleaning your hands frequently, and keeping your hands away from your face, it shouldn't matter if there are 50 people or 50K people. Yes, there are no guarantees that even hand washing prevents it, but it doesn't prevent the common cold all of the time either.

My family is not afraid of this virus (and in fact, I'm pretty sure my son and I had it in late February/early March before it was widely talked about....I think many of you here probably had it too and didn't know it). We are treating it like every other virus. My son has asthma. The flu can kill him. In his almost 14 years of life, he's had the flu 9 times and been hospitalized twice. But the entire country doesn't shut down when the flu breaks out (and no, I'm not comparing Covid to the flu.) He's also deathly allergic to peanuts. The country doesn't ban peanuts because of it. In both instances, we take PERSONAL RESPONSIBILITY for his health. We take the necessary precautions to keep him safe. We will take those same precautions if we are able to take our late June trip.

I could understand not going if my kids were small and in that running around and putting everything in your mouth phase.

I just wish everyone would agree to disagree with all of this virus stuff (and not just the Disney related stuff). I've seen so much nastiness on both sides of the argument. I respect everyone's opinion, just stating mine! :)
The CDC also says that everyone should wear a mask and continue social distancing. If everyone did wear a mask (not under 2 or not medically able to) and social distance properly then we wouldn't really have too much of an issue. The problem comes in that some people are either flat our refusing or are being oblivious as to what that means.

Also to the air droplets a lot of variables but this report/article says otherwise.
https://wwwnc.cdc.gov/eid/article/26/7/20-0764_article
I have also seen a different report of person "A" coughing on a bus then getting off. 30min later person "B" got on a different section of that bus, stood 13ft away from where person "A" stood and "B" ended up being sick with that being their only traceable contact point.

It's very unreliable at this time. Doing a one time test does nothing and can get a false result many times.
Depends on the test. They're not all unreliable. Abbott tests are 99% accurate. I would be wary about paying a private lab for one but instead get one from doctor's orders. I've often wondered here is this sort of testing could help WDW test their CMs and get the immune employees back on the front lines sooner than those who haven't had it or at risk. Employee safety should be #1.

It would be the best soft open option though. Also the best option for keeping the spread of CoViD to just locally/in state.
It's a ridiculous option. There won't be enough out of state people there worth banning entry to, a complete waste of their manpower- and Disney would get in a world of hurt for refusing to refund tickets to the 10 people who were out of state. "We'll let Bob here in because he has a FL ID but you and that GA ID can just get the heck off our property. And no ticket refunds." :sad2:

April 1st was quite close, although I think then there were less people thinking it would actually open than June 1.

Was it within a week? Anyone remember?

Yes. It was in the afternoon on March 27 (a Friday) after the stock markets closed for the week. So only two full business days before June 1.

Most international boarders are still open to travel to the US as far as the US is concerned. Including all of South America. If foreigners have been to any of these countries in the last 14 days they cannot enter the US under federal regulations.

Does Florida have any sort of "mandatory quarantine" for out of state visitors right now? My state (SC) did if you came from a hotspot, but it has since been dropped (as of today). That would have a huge bearing on any trips scheduled soon.
Yes, it has been extended by executive order. People coming from NY,NJ,CT,LA need to self isolate for 14 days after entering the state

COVID-19 is very likely to spread at WDW when they reopen. Disney will take actions to reduce its spread, but if people aren’t compliant, and if Disney doesn’t penalize them for breaking the rules, then it won’t be a whole lot different from being at 100% capacity.

People are protesting to open up the US economy. The media keeps playing the age card and telling people it’s only bad if you’re over the age of 65. People will go to the parks and ignore the rules using the age card as an excuse.

If you go before a vaccine, protect yourself. It’s like defensive driving for your health.
When do Disney penalize guests for breaking rules.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Our Dreams Unlimited Travel Agents will assist you in booking the perfect Disney getaway, all at no extra cost to you. Get the most out of your vacation by letting us assist you with dining and park reservations, provide expert advice, answer any questions, and continuously search for discounts to ensure you get the best deal possible.

CLICK HERE

facebook twitter