Rumor about “modified experiences” when Disney reopens (read 1st post for potential modifications being considered)

Status
Not open for further replies.
It's a ridiculous option. There won't be enough out of state people there worth banning entry to, a complete waste of their manpower- and Disney would get in a world of hurt for refusing to refund tickets to the 10 people who were out of state. "We'll let Bob here in because he has a FL ID but you and that GA ID can just get the heck off our property. And no ticket refunds." :sad2:
I'd bet a LOT more than 10 people from out of state are going to try to come to Florida/Disney as soon as it opens.

It would be the best soft open option though. Also the best option for keeping the spread of CoViD to just locally/in state.
That is wishful thinking on the part of residents. I see no reason why they'd do that. Most states have a lower infection rate than Florida does. By the time they open, I'm betting all travel restrictions will be over with.

All they do is call you through out the 14 days to make sure you don't have any symptoms. During my work with the program they found at least 3 cases, from people that arrived at MCO
Ok, so they take your name and phone number when you drive over state lines or arrive via airplane? And then actually call you for 2 weeks?

I'm a Florida resident and an annual passholder and I book resort rooms on Disney property
Then you're resort people. :) I don't think Disney is going to limit particular guests based on anything but I also think if they were, the money is with resort guests. I think they'll go with resort capacity and refer to their closure procedures if they have to- which I don't think they will.

Then you're resort people. :) I don't think Disney is going to limit particular guests based on anything but I also think if they were, the money is with resort guests. I think they'll go with resort capacity and refer to their closure procedures if they have to- which I don't think they will.
I agree with you that the money is with Disney resort guests. However there seems to be this assumption that only out of state residents actually book Disney resort rooms, which is far from the truth. I think there are enough Florida residents who book enough Disney resort rooms that Disney could feasibly open to those people only at first as a soft opening.

I'm from Rochester, NY - which is "upstate" and Southwest gives me the alert everytime I log in :(
Ah, hello fellow Rochesterian! I moved away a few years ago but spent the first two decades of my life there.

My parents have said the same thing - they're getting lumped in with NYC as well, but as I understand, Western NY isn't really struggling quite as much.

I agree with you that the money is with Disney resort guests. However there seems to be this assumption that only out of state residents actually book Disney resort rooms, which is far from the truth. I think there are enough Florida residents who book enough Disney resort rooms that Disney could feasibly open to those people only at first as a soft opening.
I have one night booked because i fear Disney wil only allow resort guests in when they reopen, I live 20 minutes away :)

I have one night booked because i fear Disney wil only allow resort guests in when they reopen, I live 20 minutes away :)
As a lifetime Florida resident I've been to WDW so many times I can't count. I've always lived less than 2 hours away. There was an extended break between when my family stopped taking us and when I became an adult with my own children and now visit frequently. We stayed at 3 different Disney resort properties last year under their FL resident promotion and had booked 3 resort stays this year with annual passes. So far 1 out of 3 have been cancelled and my May 25 isn't looking too good. But the point is that there are plenty of Florida residents who could "assist" in soft opening of WDW without going outside our central Florida community.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Our Dreams Unlimited Travel Agents will assist you in booking the perfect Disney getaway, all at no extra cost to you. Get the most out of your vacation by letting us assist you with dining and park reservations, provide expert advice, answer any questions, and continuously search for discounts to ensure you get the best deal possible.

CLICK HERE

facebook twitter