ROYAL PACIFIC RESORT INFO...FAQ and more......

rpr club lounge is floor 7 in tower 3

yes, you can add an adult to your room but wait until she arrives, (unless you want to hang onto her hotel room card for her.)

your friend will recieve a hotel key card for the room and she can also have charging privileges back to the hotel room.
the charges will be charged to the person that is financially responsible for the reservation, which would be you.

She will create the photo id card to be used for express once she checks in and recieves her room key.

i wish you and the boys to have a fabulous vacation and a wonderful stay at rpr.
it's time to make new memories!

i love it there, the lobby is amazing!

Thank you! I am very much looking forward to this trip!

So odds are that our room will be on floor 7 of tower 3... good to know. I thought I had read somewhere that people had rooms all over the hotel and access to the club lounge if you booked club level at RPR... I really liked being close to the lounge and on a floor that requires key access (so my kids could go down to the lounge without me and I wouldn't have to worry too much... now that they are older it isn't as big of a worry, but I still do...).

There won't be any additional charge for my friend coming down part way through the trip, right? If I booked the trip with 2 adults and 2 kids it would have been the same price for the hotel portion regardless I believe.

Thank you! I am very much looking forward to this trip!

So odds are that our room will be on floor 7 of tower 3... good to know. I thought I had read somewhere that people had rooms all over the hotel and access to the club lounge if you booked club level at RPR... I really liked being close to the lounge and on a floor that requires key access (so my kids could go down to the lounge without me and I wouldn't have to worry too much... now that they are older it isn't as big of a worry, but I still do...).

There won't be any additional charge for my friend coming down part way through the trip, right? If I booked the trip with 2 adults and 2 kids it would have been the same price for the hotel portion regardless I believe.

Most people who are club level at RP do stay on the 7th floor.

When we stay, we prefer the 6th floor T3. Last year a manager offered us the chance to stay in a refurbed room so we moved to T1 but still kept CL. You can have Club applied to any room if they have availability, but most prefer to stay 7th floor. We also stayed 3 nights in T1 once before moving back to T3. It`s only a few minutes walk between the towers so not an issue for us.

No you wont be charged extra for your friend. It`s only when a 3rd adult is added there is an extra charge for them. But you have 2 adults and 2 children, so no added charges.

Hi, I'm Loving this new thread! We will be staying at RPR for the first time this summer, June 6th- June 8th, then heading down to Disney World for the remainder of our vacation. We have not been to Universal before and I am so excited! Schumigirl, I have read your trip reports and I love them. You are so funny and your love for the parks and this resort are part of the reason I am so excited for our first stay. Like others who are asking questions, we are Disney Vet's so I am trying to get my head around all the differences. I want to make the most of our 3 days and fit in as much as possible. We have booked a standard view room. We have 4 in our family. Hubby, myself, 18 year old son and 10 year old son. My parents are also traveling with us this time and they are 69 and 70 years old. We will have to slow down a bit for my parents, but they are just as excited as we are about the trip. I have a few questions that I don't think I have seen answered yet.

1. Our vacation package says that as resort guests we get preferred seating at on-property restaurants, but I haven't seen any details of what this actually means. Do you know how we use the perk?
2. We are using the Super Star shuttle to get from MCO airport to the hotel. Has anyone else used this? Did you have a good experience? How long is the ride typically from MCO to RPR? We are scheduled to arrive at the airport at 12:27 , I know we have to get our luggage and "check in" at the Universal desk in the gift shop at the airport. I was hoping to be at the hotel by 2:00 or 2:30. is that too optimistic?
3. Planning on lunch at Mythos right after we check in, I have heard that we don't need reservations WAY in advance as we do at Disney, but I have also read that this is a very popular place to eat, so just curious if you think I should call a couple days before and make a reservation or no need to worry about it?
4. Other than Harry Potter and the forbidden Journey do any of the other large rides have queue's that my parents could walk through without actually getting on the ride. Transformers, The Mummy?

I know there are plenty of things for them to do and see without riding, but I hate to think of them standing around waiting on us too much. The express pass should help with that, but just curious how many rides they could wander through with us and just ditch out of the ride and wait at the end.

this thread has already been so helpful! Thanks, Kim

Welcome Kim........and thank you for the lovely compliments!! I am so happy to hear you say that........

Preferred seating is a perk for onsite guests. If there is a queue for a restaurant you can show your room key and get priority over others who don't have reservations. We had a 50 minute wait go down to 10 at Margaritaville.

There are exceptions to this.......Bubba Gump don't utilise this perk unless you have a Landry's card.....you can out your name on a wait list though. Also if it's excessively busy like later on a weekend or special event they won't accept this. But it is a good perk most of the time.

Never used the superstar shuttle but a poster called BagOLaughs did use it and mentioned it on her trip report. I think she was impressed with it. I would think aiming for 2.30 at the hotel was reasonable.

No, you don't need to make reservations months in advance, but, Mythos can get busy especially at peak times. So it wouldn't hurt if there's going to be six of you eating. Saves worrying. I would book then.

Your parents can walk through any ride and just tell the Team Member that they don't want to ride.......many people do that........I can't think of any that they couldn't.........

If you need to know anything else.....ask away......it's quite daunting going somewhere for the first time.

Universal is amazing and I know you'll all have a wonderful time.......and we just adore RP, as you can tell.....lol......but I'm so glad you've found the thread helpful........:wave2:

Welcome Kim........and thank you for the lovely compliments!! I am so happy to hear you say that........

Preferred seating is a perk for onsite guests. If there is a queue for a restaurant you can show your room key and get priority over others who don't have reservations. We had a 50 minute wait go down to 10 at Margaritaville.

There are exceptions to this.......Bubba Gump don't utilise this perk unless you have a Landry's card.....you can out your name on a wait list though. Also if it's excessively busy like later on a weekend or special event they won't accept this. But it is a good perk most of the time.

Never used the superstar shuttle but a poster called BagOLaughs did use it and mentioned it on her trip report. I think she was impressed with it. I would think aiming for 2.30 at the hotel was reasonable.

No, you don't need to make reservations months in advance, but, Mythos can get busy especially at peak times. So it wouldn't hurt if there's going to be six of you eating. Saves worrying. I would book then.

Your parents can walk through any ride and just tell the Team Member that they don't want to ride.......many people do that........I can't think of any that they couldn't.........

If you need to know anything else.....ask away......it's quite daunting going somewhere for the first time.

Universal is amazing and I know you'll all have a wonderful time.......and we just adore RP, as you can tell.....lol......but I'm so glad you've found the thread helpful........:wave2:

Schumi... can you post a link to your trip report? I would love to read it as well!!!

Thank you so much! This is very helpful. I'm so glad my parents will be able to stay with us through the lines. I was worried about that. I tend to be an over planner as I would rather get the planning done before I go... I want to relax when I get there and enjoy everything rather than trying to figure out how it all works on the fly. I will go on and book Mythos and I will try to find the trip report from BagOLaughs also. Looks like I will have to wait until much later in the year to read another trip report from you, but I will be looking forward to it. I see you are traveling to New York in early summer, my son visited New York earlier this month with his school Choir and he LOVED it. They saw Wicked, Aladdin and Finding Neverland on Broadway. He had so much fun, I'm sure you will enjoy it as well. Thank you again for the answers, I'm sure I will be back to ask a few more questions before we leave.

Schumi... can you post a link to your trip report? I would love to read it as well!!!

Of course......they're all in my signature underneath the post and above my trip dates.........just click on them and they'll be there.......I'm updating my recent trip right now with full size pics instead of thumbnails........taking forever though!!

Thank you so much! This is very helpful. I'm so glad my parents will be able to stay with us through the lines. I was worried about that. I tend to be an over planner as I would rather get the planning done before I go... I want to relax when I get there and enjoy everything rather than trying to figure out how it all works on the fly. I will go on and book Mythos and I will try to find the trip report from BagOLaughs also. Looks like I will have to wait until much later in the year to read another trip report from you, but I will be looking forward to it. I see you are traveling to New York in early summer, my son visited New York earlier this month with his school Choir and he LOVED it. They saw Wicked, Aladdin and Finding Neverland on Broadway. He had so much fun, I'm sure you will enjoy it as well. Thank you again for the answers, I'm sure I will be back to ask a few more questions before we leave.

Just checked Rachel's trip report and it wasn't her that used the universal transport.......I'll have a search and see if I can find who it was. I know I read someone using it.........

How lovely for your son.........I'm glad he enjoyed NY, hope it wasn't too cold for him......and Wicked is my favourite musical ever!! This will be my third visit to NY........we spend 10 nights on Long Island with family and going all over there, and 5/6 nights in the City again.......can't wait.....going to see wicked for the 3rd time........I'm very lucky, well, I feel very lucky to be able to go for so long and enjoy everything we want to. It's an amazing city!

You're very welcome, ask anything you're not sure of........there will be someone on here who can answer most questions........

1. Our vacation package says that as resort guests we get preferred seating at on-property restaurants, but I haven't seen any details of what this actually means. Do you know how we use the perk?

Tell them when you check in that you're staying at the hotel and ask if they are using the preferred seating. We've NEVER been able to get it at Margaritaville because they say there's such a short wait they aren't using it. So that's a bonus, that we go at lighter-crowd times, but it's still irritating to not be able to use a perk. :)

4. Other than Harry Potter and the forbidden Journey do any of the other large rides have queue's that my parents could walk through without actually getting on the ride. Transformers, The Mummy?

Every single ride. :)

2. We are using the Super Star shuttle to get from MCO airport to the hotel. Has anyone else used this? Did you have a good experience? How long is the ride typically from MCO to RPR? We are scheduled to arrive at the airport at 12:27 , I know we have to get our luggage and "check in" at the Universal desk in the gift shop at the airport. I was hoping to be at the hotel by 2:00 or 2:30. is that too optimistic?
3. Planning on lunch at Mythos right after we check in, I have heard that we don't need reservations WAY in advance as we do at Disney, but I have also read that this is a very popular place to eat, so just curious if you think I should call a couple days before and make a reservation or no need to worry about it?

2. Never used them, but the trip isn't very long. We do a grocery stop, but I would say 20-30 mins if you go directly from MCO to RPR.

3. It never hurts to call a few days out if you know when you'll want to eat. We chose by what we are in the mood for, so we never do reservations. That said, if a place is super busy, we don't mind doing it another time/day.

4. All the rides have "chicken exits," if they want to hang out with you in line, it's not a problem. Some of the ones that have rather fun lines (depending on your interests) are: Spider-Man, Dr Doom, Forbidden Journey, Gringotts, Men In Black, ET (though that's an easy ride most can do), Simpsons, Cat in the Hat. Again, some of these (like Simpsons, Men In Black, Dr Doom, SpiderMan) are more interesting if you are a fan of it already.

Hi, I'm Loving this new thread! We will be staying at RPR for the first time this summer, June 6th- June 8th, then heading down to Disney World for the remainder of our vacation. We have not been to Universal before and I am so excited! Schumigirl, I have read your trip reports and I love them. You are so funny and your love for the parks and this resort are part of the reason I am so excited for our first stay. Like others who are asking questions, we are Disney Vet's so I am trying to get my head around all the differences. I want to make the most of our 3 days and fit in as much as possible. We have booked a standard view room. We have 4 in our family. Hubby, myself, 18 year old son and 10 year old son. My parents are also traveling with us this time and they are 69 and 70 years old. We will have to slow down a bit for my parents, but they are just as excited as we are about the trip. I have a few questions that I don't think I have seen answered yet.

I know there are plenty of things for them to do and see without riding, but I hate to think of them standing around waiting on us too much. The express pass should help with that, but just curious how many rides they could wander through with us and just ditch out of the ride and wait at the end.

this thread has already been so helpful! Thanks, Kim

I think you can use Child Swap for parents as well so they can go through the queue(s) and wait in the child swap room so you can all exit together.

Call Mythos the week before you start your vacation and ask what are their closing hours for that date you plan to eat there

There are some days they close early by 5, and take last seating at 4:15.

Would not hurt to make a ressie if you arrive on a day they have early closing

I had heard from someone who used to work in the Club Lounge but has since left that position, that the RPR Club Lounge hadn't been refurbished yet.

Today I heard from mom2allison01 who had sent me a lovely pm recently. She is staying at RPR right now.

I asked her if the Club Lounge had been refurbed and she said going by pictures in my trip report it hadn't been.

So what I had heard was correct but didn't want to post until it was confirmed. Also heard back from previous employee today who also said it hadn't been refurbed.

I had heard from someone who used to work in the Club Lounge but has since left that position, that the RPR Club Lounge hadn't been refurbished yet.

Today I heard from mom2allison01 who had sent me a lovely pm recently. She is staying at RPR right now.

I asked her if the Club Lounge had been refurbed and she said going by pictures in my trip report it hadn't been.

So what I had heard was correct but didn't want to post until it was confirmed. Also heard back from previous employee today who also said it hadn't been refurbed.

Schumi,
Thanks!!! I also read your trip reports. OMG!!! You and your hubby are SO ADORABLE!!!! I am a Londoner at heart myself. My husband worked there for years. I LOVE everything British!!! (I knew I liked you!!!)

sorry all for being off topic!

Schumi,
Thanks!!! I also read your trip reports. OMG!!! You and your hubby are SO ADORABLE!!!! I am a Londoner at heart myself. My husband worked there for years. I LOVE everything British!!! (I knew I liked you!!!)

sorry all for being off topic!

Lol.......aww shucks......thanks......you made my morning......:D I'm glad you enjoyed reading them anyway.....I do babble on a bit sometimes.........my son took three goes to read last years report......lol......and he's used to me!!

Love London! Only visit a couple of times a year and usually just for the day as it's an easy train ride in from where we live now..........

We all go off topic occasionally........no worries.......:wave2:

We are planning on staying for 4 days at RPR. On their website it looks like they have standard rooms and water views. Where do theme park views fall in that? I'm wanting to just pay for a standard room but get the nicest possible view for that price. Is there something specific I should ask for then?

Theme park views are available in all 3 towers from different angles.

A water view can be considered as a pool view or of the waterways where the boats go. Or from the bridge as you enter the hotel.

You can always put in a request for a higher floor with theme park view when you make your reservation. However, no guarantees.

Staying at RPR for the first time in 21 days. So excited!!! I am going to be shipping down some items from Amazon. Is it correct that I am to pick them up from the business center in the resort? And if so, where is it located?

the business center is at the far end of the buildings.

use the lobby elevator and go to ground floor.
walk down the sidewalk that is in front of the shops on hyour left side and the pool is on your right side.

when you reach Emerils, keep walking straight.
it will be the last two doors in the end building.

you are looking at a short walk from the elevator to outside of about 3-4 minutes tops.

i did have to pay a service fee when i picked up my package that i sent to the hotel.

Staying at RPR for the first time in 21 days. So excited!!! I am going to be shipping down some items from Amazon. Is it correct that I am to pick them up from the business center in the resort? And if so, where is it located?
Princess Amy,
can you let us know how that worked out for you? THANKS!!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter