ROYAL PACIFIC RESORT INFO...FAQ and more......

I’ve never stayed at a universal hotel. What do you use to get into your room? Do they give you a card? Do you swipe it at the entrance of ride lines and for food and merchandise and then get charged at the end of your stay like at Disney?

I’ve never stayed at a universal hotel. What do you use to get into your room? Do they give you a card? Do you swipe it at the entrance of ride lines and for food and merchandise and then get charged at the end of your stay like at Disney?

Yes, the room key is used to get into your room, all electronic. Same key is your EP.

The barcode on it is scanned at the entrance to rides, and some rides have facial recognition machines further in to try and stop EP being shared.

Yes, you can charge back to your room with it, most carts don`t have this facility though.

Question for a newbie. We are thinking of staying at RP in January 2022. Right now there is a Be a Savvy Traveler deal where the water front room is cheaper than a standard room. Is there a catch?

Has anyone stayed very recently? I am going in September and am worried about the reviews I am reading in other sites, they said check in has been long lines and the rooms are dirty. I was excited to stay at RP but now I am nervous.

I am worried about this as well. We are staying in 10 days and i am seriously considering switching. We have stayed at RPR many times and have never had a problem. But the reviews from the last couple of weeks at the well known hotel review site are really bad. And it is not just one or two, it is all of them. The last thing I want in COVID central are rooms not adequately cleaned!

Do the standard rooms have a second mirror by the door like the ones at Sapphire? It’s a nice big mirror. We have a club 2 queen if that makes any difference. The other mirror was great for a second person getting ready for the day.

I am worried about this as well. We are staying in 10 days and i am seriously considering switching. We have stayed at RPR many times and have never had a problem. But the reviews from the last couple of weeks at the well known hotel review site are really bad. And it is not just one or two, it is all of them. The last thing I want in COVID central are rooms not adequately cleaned!
There are quite a few bad reviews recently - I see the same for HRH and even a couple for PB
Does have me concerned now that you have pointed it out.
I dont like the idea that they don't clean the rooms daily - that is just asking for problems IMO - especially with the turnover at Universal Hotels - and it sounds like they are not cleaning the rooms well between stays now either.
Hopefully its being addressed

There are quite a few bad reviews recently - I see the same for HRH and even a couple for PB
Does have me concerned now that you have pointed it out.
I dont like the idea that they don't clean the rooms daily - that is just asking for problems IMO - especially with the turnover at Universal Hotels - and it sounds like they are not cleaning the rooms well between stays now either.
Hopefully its being addressed
Why would they not clean daily? I stayed at Sapphire 7/22-7/27 and they did clean daily. I’m watching this thread because I have another stay coming up. I also didn’t hear any grumpy people at RPR the few times we caught their boat to the parks after missing ours.

Why would they not clean daily? I stayed at Sapphire 7/22-7/27 and they did clean daily. I’m watching this thread because I have another stay coming up. I also didn’t hear any grumpy people at RPR the few times we caught their boat to the parks after missing ours.
As one of the PP stated there are many bad reviews recently.
I checked them because I have a stay coming up at RPR and basically the theme was that rooms were not being cleaned every day and that people were put into dirty rooms at check in and had to then switch. It not just a one off. There was also mention of issues with the plumbing - I have experienced that at the RPR myself.
Issues with dirty plates left in the hall and not picked up from room service for over 24 hours.

From what I have read here I was under the impression they were not cleaning rooms every day due to covid.
I just stayed at a Marriott and they were not cleaning rooms every day - if you stay multiple nights they clean on the 4th and 7th day I believe it said. Ive seen folks mention here they have to request fresh towels or trash collection, so I am surprised that SF cleaned the room every day - but its good to hear.

In general they seem to say the staff was as great as always, the cleaning staff is doing the best they can and and that the manager is the issue. Seems like several people had an issue with the manager.
I then checked Hard Rock and saw similar reviews about the cleanliness.
Ive heard a lot of complaints on here about CB as well.

People are far more likely to write a bad review - but it does seem like far more than normal.

Id say check them out for yourself - there are many good reviews as well - but the bad ones concern me.

A Keurig was mentioned in another post, but they also talked about a kitchen area. Do standard rooms have a Keurig? And do they supply coffee? Thanks in advance.

We stayed five nights the first week of august and have no complaints. Room was clean at check in, no long lines on a Tuesday (but lines did seem long on weekend). Housekeeping did come every day (one day it was only partially cleaned) which I was not expecting. We didn’t get housekeeping at Swan the same week. I have had to travel during the pandemic a bit and RPR had more services (including housekeeping) than other hotels I’ve stayed in. This was our fourth RP stay - it felt the same as always.

Has anyone stayed very recently? I am going in September and am worried about the reviews I am reading in other sites, they said check in has been long lines and the rooms are dirty. I was excited to stay at RP but now I am nervous.
Just stayed August 12th-16th. Check in did take over an hour to check in, get our park tickets and drop luggage off at luggage services, we arrived at 11:30am on a Thursday and there was a pretty decent line. We didn't get the text that our rooms were ready till after 5pm, but it was ok as we were over at Epcot doing food and wine. The hotel was very clean and our room was perfect. Every day except one we opted for no housekeeping as we'd rather not, but we need towels, the one day we didn't have the card on the door they came in and cleaned and restocked everything. Overall it was a very good stay.

We just checked in today at about 11:30 AM. Only one person ahead of us to check in, but while we were checking in about 10 people got in line behind us. We did get an email yesterday to check in ahead of time and there was a line you could go in to pick up your room keys if you did that. We had two rooms and I couldn’t figure out how to get the correct names in each room so we did not do that.
No complaints regarding cleanliness at all so far. Our room was ready around 2:30z

Question - do they still move luggage from one deluxe to another?
Currently I have 3 reservations for my upcoming stay as it was the only way to get all the AP rates.
I start at HRH and go to RPR - would be good to not waste a Saturday moving luggage.
Hopefully RPR will just let me stay in the same room for those two reservations.

Also - with online check in to they tell you when your room is ready or give you an option for requests?
With HHN its a real pain to be moving rooms/hotels as room may not be ready till after 4.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter