Roxymama's 5k to Marathon, Time to Collect Another Castle

Love all your plans and I love that it's a trip with just you and your dad. :love:

Of course, now, I feel like I need to book a future trip and stay in a little mermaid room just so I can sing in that shower!!! Hope I get to see you some during the weekend!

I’m sitting in an AoA Little Mermaid room right now reading your post! We are in the furthest building from transportation so I hope you get a little closer. Haven’t tried singing in the shower. You will have a great time!

Oh man, I am jealous! Are you doing New Years Eve at Disney? How are crowds right now?

Love all your plans and I love that it's a trip with just you and your dad. :love:

Of course, now, I feel like I need to book a future trip and stay in a little mermaid room just so I can sing in that shower!!! Hope I get to see you some during the weekend!

I hope so too (for your future trip and us running into each other while on this trip.) that was the nice thing about meetups for Disneyland races...everyone is going to be nearby enough to meet up...it's a bit harder with spread out WDW.
You are running the half though right? I wonder if I'll be able to "run" into you...though 3:30am and crowds may make it tough.

Oh man, I am jealous! Are you doing New Years Eve at Disney? How are crowds right now?

I hope so too (for your future trip and us running into each other while on this trip.) that was the nice thing about meetups for Disneyland races...everyone is going to be nearby enough to meet up...it's a bit harder with spread out WDW.
You are running the half though right? I wonder if I'll be able to "run" into you...though 3:30am and crowds may make it tough.

We actually are not running the half this year. Doing the 10k and the full. We are planning to spectate for the half though. Planning to be on or near main street (although I'm not completely sure how best to get there :) ). Maybe we will spot you in the mass running past us!

We actually are not running the half this year. Doing the 10k and the full. We are planning to spectate for the half though. Planning to be on or near main street (although I'm not completely sure how best to get there :) ). Maybe we will spot you in the mass running past us!

Yeah, I'll be the one holding a parrot. I assume there won't be many others holding a parrot???

PS I bought myself this InB beauty...finally splurged on a pullover. Got one of the last two in my size when they put up extras a week or so back. I'm secretly hoping for some slightly cool nights so I can wear this and my spirit jersey in the parks. But also hoping for pool weather too.
IMG_9607__38875.1542145660.jpg

I can pass on my “Shouting Go Roxy” job on to you from the last Disney Half - I had so much fun watching for her to run by at Disneyland and seeing all the costumes!

Yeah, I'll be the one holding a parrot. I assume there won't be many others holding a parrot???

PS I bought myself this InB beauty...finally splurged on a pullover. Got one of the last two in my size when they put up extras a week or so back. I'm secretly hoping for some slightly cool nights so I can wear this and my spirit jersey in the parks. But also hoping for pool weather too.
IMG_9607__38875.1542145660.jpg

I managed to resist ordering this one and I have major regret now. It's a beauty and I love their pullovers for winter running. I wish they would make more of them.

I can pass on my “Shouting Go Roxy” job on to you from the last Disney Half - I had so much fun watching for her to run by at Disneyland and seeing all the costumes!

I'm really excited to spectate. It's the first time we've actually spectated a Disney race and I can't wait to see everyone running by. Hopefully I'll spot her and her parrot!

So it's been 6 months and I think we both would like to spend the time together, so off we go. It still feels like a crazy idea that I'm even going without my husband and kids and after such an odd year. But it will be nice to just be Dad and his Kiddo for a short weekend together.
I think it's great that you and your dad will have a weekend together in a place that your mom loved so much.

I'm really excited to spectate. It's the first time we've actually spectated a Disney race and I can't wait to see everyone running by. Hopefully I'll spot her and her parrot!
May I suggest that any DISers spectating a race make some sort of sign so those of us running that race can thank "our" spectators?

No just me & younger DS soaking up some Christmas spirit! We are leaving the 30th. Crowds are BANANAS as far as I’m concerned. We have only ridden our fast passes and waited on standby for exactly one ride so far. Just taking in the decorations and treats. We were here July 4 and that was probably worse crowd-wise though.

No just me & younger DS soaking up some Christmas spirit! We are leaving the 30th. Crowds are BANANAS as far as I’m concerned. We have only ridden our fast passes and waited on standby for exactly one ride so far. Just taking in the decorations and treats. We were here July 4 and that was probably worse crowd-wise though.

I can only imagine. I think I went one time A LONG time ago around July 4th and it was packed. We had great luck a few years back during marathon weekend when it was like this year's dates...a little removed from the holiday. I'm crossing my toes it will be the same.

Just remembered I can check the disney park apps to see how crazy wait times are getting (even though I'm not there, so it doesn't matter.)

Have tons of fun though! I think my dad and I will be doing quite a bit of just "enjoying our surroundings" as opposed to crazy ride commandoing.

Have tons of fun though! I think my dad and I will be doing quite a bit of just "enjoying our surroundings" as opposed to crazy ride commandoing.
It’s the way to go! We are lucky to have been here enough that’s it’s not a big deal not to ride all the “must-dos”. Not making any assumptions about your dad but I’ll bet it’s a good approach with the older folks too. I said to DS We must have chosen the right place to vacation because everybody seems to want to be here!
Btw buses have been great for AoA and I hope they are for your trip too.

I do this for DL when I am bored and usually during the week it just makes me sad. Haha.

I just used it to look for snack locations for food I can pretend I’d eat today sooooo.....

It’s the way to go! We are lucky to have been here enough that’s it’s not a big deal not to ride all the “must-dos”. Not making any assumptions about your dad but I’ll bet it’s a good approach with the older folks too. I said to DS We must have chosen the right place to vacation because everybody seems to want to be here!
Btw buses have been great for AoA and I hope they are for your trip too.

Busses being great sounds great to me!!!

My dad doesn’t have great knees so we won’t be going lightspeed. But that works for me because I’ll have just ran a half so I won’t be going lightspeed either!!!

@ZellyB won't need a sign to be recognized....she looks like this:
eb25081775c440c37ce6c8fdf158e687.jpg

I kid, I kid!!

Hey! Where did you get that picture of me? :D

Hubby just hung up this beauty in my basement. I may cry every time I walk by it. Still can’t believe how good I felt during that last .2 miles. The smile was real :)

I’m getting excited for all the first time marathoners for wdw weekend now!
View attachment 372093

LOVE!!!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter