Roxymama's 5k to Marathon, Time to Collect Another Castle

Hubby buys his dress shirts for work from Nordstrom...same size and style...just over and over in new patterns. So hurray for my turn. I have my eyes on some Kiehl's for "cheap". Aka not actually cheap but cheaper.

OHHHH I love the shorts you have on in that pic (or I assume they're shorts). Also Loft?

Rock n Roll Chicago expo (and one of the top 10 cheese experiences of our lives)

IMG_0453.JPG

We started the morning lounging about and as y'all know by now checked out the Nordstrom anniversary sale. Which was fitting because we were celebrating our 9th anniversary today (albeit a teeny bit belated.) And so after I hoarded some fancy face creams at nordies we headed to Eataly for lunch. It's Mario Batali's popular Italian market and we tried some fresh made mozzarella (we could see them making it) and prosciutto.
And some fresh made that day pasta. With brisket, yum!
IMG_0456.JPG
There was a truffle pizza situation too
IMG_0496.JPG
And yes I had some wine because when in Rome...errr...fake Rome.

This was the best looking thing in the place though
IMG_0454.JPG
So after carb loading (we did have to box up leftovers but ate every last piece of that mozzarella!) we checked out the dessert counter.
IMG_0497.JPG
So this happened
IMG_0460.JPG
And surprise it was filled with caramel!
IMG_0463.JPG

And I was happy
IMG_0457.JPG

Oh wait...you wanted expo updates? Yeah ok, we went to the rock n roll Chicago race expo to. Tbc

IMG_0465.JPG
Rock n Roll race expo recap (with less cheese)

It wasn't hugely crowded but that made sense at 1ish on a Friday. Took no time to get my packet, challenge wristband and shirts. Which btw are pretty cute this year.
IMG_0482.JPG
It seems the half/10k shirt may be a tad bigger than the 5k but both fit. I may wear the 5k shirt tomorrow but not decided. The race is brooks sponsored so the shirts are brooks and I enjoy their cut.
Oh and since I'm an officially endorsed brooks athlete (seriously I got my $1 check in the mail few weeks ago)
IMG_0106.JPG they gave me this free hat.
IMG_0483.JPG
Run happy! It matches my run happy yeti shirt. Yay!

@roxyhubby won a light up bracelet playing plinko
IMG_0466.JPG
I didn't find any compression shorts or shoes boooooo! But I did run around drooling all over every pretty medal on display.
Feast your eyes on this beauty! I saved $20 by signing up for the race today officially and got a nice water bottle too. And yes that hand is smaller than that medal!!!
IMG_0498.JPG
I said hello to the hot chocolate swag too.
IMG_0478.JPG
And they started legacy medals this year. Only two more for this!
IMG_0499.JPG

And I for sure had to say hey to this lovely thing (because I'm impatient and can't just wait until Sunday to look at it after the finish line)

IMG_0500.JPG

I have more random medal pics but won't bore you with that.
They didn't have sweaty bands!!! Just a generic version with no race specific pattern so my streak of sweatyband at every expo died :(
But that's ok I have a bunch. I'll survive.
Here's my little haul of all free stuff and bibs. Notice they have the timing strip that you have remove from the bin and then tie around your shoelaces.
IMG_0501.JPG
So that's it for me tonight. I ate my normal light dinner before races. My bedtime reminder alarm just went off. I'm not nervous yet. Will I be?? I always am I just hope it's not bad tomorrow. Weather was perfect today, maybe well luck out in the morning again.
Now we just wait and see what my mind and body decides to do with 3.1 at 7:30am :)

So I think I'm going to go to bed instead of staying up to recap. So I'll just have a mega two race recap tomorrow (hopefully.) I don't think I'll sub an hour tomorrow. I had it in me for that pace for 3.1 today but not sure for 6.2. Especially if it's hot. Not yet sure I want to try. Then again I actually tried hard today instead of taking it easy. Maybe I'll surprise myself. I could just try to PR since my current race pr is 1:05 something. Hmmmmm
Guess best bet is not to go out too fast and see if I want to push it later in the race.

Ps @DopeyBadger race prediction for 5k was preeeeety close. #math

Happy running! Off to try to sleep...maybe....hopefully!

That food looks incredbile, and so does all of that swag! Really like the Hot Chocolate pullovers.

Awesome job this weekend!!

You are awesome, girl!! Can't wait to read the recaps.

The food looked fantastic and love your expo post. Some of those medals!! Jealous of all the great races you have available.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter