Round Up Rodeo BBQ to open March 23 at DHS - Menu Released

Glad to see another restaurant there, but probably one that we will pass on. We do more Signature restaurants at dinner and this looks heavier than we like to eat at noon.
Sad that they don't have characters there. Seems like a lost opportunity.

So many questions. Like what about a kids menu? Will there be some kind of more kid friendly fare? My Grandson who's 2 (will be 3 when we go) is picky, as most 2/3 year olds are. We can make this work, but I liked that Chef Mickey's had a special plate of stuff just for him when we went in October.

Can't wait to hear more and see the first reviews come out!
I believe kids usually have options like chicken nuggets and fries, but they can also eat from the main platter.

I think Disney is modeling their restaurants after cruise lines main dining rooms. Meaning smaller menus, lower quality, quicker table turnover and charging a premium because it’s Disney and “all you care to enjoy”. Even restaurants like chef de France feel like cruise ship food. Last time we ate there my steak was out in maybe 15 minutes or less. No way they can cook, plate and serve that quickly without lower quality.

Looks like fun and the menu sounds decent. Wish it was a la carte. Will have to compare with the Polite Pig.

I think Disney is modeling their restaurants after cruise lines main dining rooms. Meaning smaller menus, lower quality, quicker table turnover and charging a premium because it’s Disney and “all you care to enjoy”. Even restaurants like chef de France feel like cruise ship food. Last time we ate there my steak was out in maybe 15 minutes or less. No way they can cook, plate and serve that quickly without lower quality.
A medium steak requires like 2.5 minutes per side. So 5 minutes to cook the steak. It can be out in 15 minutes easy.

A medium steak requires like 2.5 minutes per side. So 5 minutes to cook the steak. It can be out in 15 minutes easy.
Yeah maybe but to have a family of 4 with their meals within 15 minutes of telling the waiter what they want seems like lightning speed. Only way in my mind this is able to happen is if they take a cruise ship mass feeding approach vs cook to order.

Tired of all of the BBQ showing up in so many Disney restaurants- Pulled pork has been discovered by Disney! And its not particularly good pulled pork or BBQ. But it is cheap to purchase and can be easily made in very large quantities. The ribs and chicken are hit or miss depending on where you are. Flame Tree gets consistently good reviews, we ordered rib dinners based on the reviews and they were really awful, dry and very chewy. The sauce/spices were not caramelized, they were burnt. Not excited about this restaurant at all but happy for those who are and hope they have good dining experiences.

Looks like a good menu, but sadly, I won't be eating there.

These days, I'm a 'party of one', and family-style service is far too much food for me, and far too many things that I don't really enjoy.
I'd much rather order a la carte, and leave happily fed, instead of having to say "no thanks" to 2/3 of the offerings, and feeling pocket-poor and slightly cheated.

Has anybody heard when they'll open up ADRs for Roundup Rodeo BBQ? It looks interesting, and I'm quickly approaching my 60 day + resort-stay-length reservation window.

I’m feeling pretty ‘meh’ about this place. I don’t eat enough to justify a fixed price meal. I can already see it will be way too much food, and if it were just my husband and I, I’d skip it.

However, my 7 year old is already begging to eat there, so I’ll try to get in for our summer trip.

There's a rumour that Trails End is going to be replaced by a marketplace of CS options, so rather than "another BBQ place" it's actually a wash...just in another location.

I think it looks good! It doesn't look like there will be characters, but we will go if there are characters!

I think it looks good! It doesn't look like there will be characters, but we will go if there are characters!
Maybe they will start at $39-42 then add a few random Pixar characters and raise the price to $59, like they did with post-Covid Crystal Palace.

Last edited:
I am looking forward to this. If they add character dining in the future and Stinky Pete and Bullseye are two of the characters, I will spend Victoria & Albert's level price.

I am looking forward to this. If they add character dining in the future and Stinky Pete and Bullseye are two of the characters, I will spend Victoria & Albert's level price.
I agree. I would be willing to pay top price if this turns into Toy Story character dining (esp with one or two that you can’t meet elsewhere)

I hope to book it for April; but might be a one and done, because we just adore Sci Fi so much.

Hopefully the ribs are not the same as what they served at whispering canyon last year.... They were just bad... But the rest was till good so we were OK with it being we had 2 different skillets to choose from no one at our table ordered the third.

I am hoping the food is closed to Hoop Dee Doo quality. I'd love to book it for my BDay for end of April. It will depend on price, though, especially with no characters. If price is same a Crystal Palace, I think I would prefer to see Winnie!

website says $35.99-$59.99 for lunch and dinner per adult....

still says "check back" for information on ADRs. we are down to 45 days until open and still no ADR information....sigh.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter