RotR Planning & Daily Boarding Group Discussion - *CLOSED*

Status
Not open for further replies.
All boarding groups have been called according to MDX and "no new boarding groups being assigned for RotR today".

They announced RotR wouldn’t be part of EMH. Is it likely they’ll at least let EMH guests join boarding groups during EMH? I could see there being none left by the time the park opened to everyone else at 9 if that were to happen.

Well since they are letting anybody in at 6 all weekend per Yulilin3, I guess it will be this weekend.

Random question, and it has probably been answered, but I am new to the thread. How long have waits been once your boarding pass is called? I can't seem to find numbers of actual wait times once your push notification comes through.

Random question, and it has probably been answered, but I am new to the thread. How long have waits been once your boarding pass is called? I can't seem to find numbers of actual wait times once your push notification comes through.
Most people are saying about a hour max from entering the queue to getting off of the ride

It also shows that, given the necessary resources and budget, Imagineering can pull off miracles. Kudos to them!

Yup! And that has always held true since day 1. Makes me want to go watch the earlier Imagineering Story episodes again, it truly is awesome to watch what they can do when they're allowed to prioritize the result instead of the budget.

From our BG being called and us joining the queue we waited in line about 20 mins.

Around an hour between arriving at the ride and exiting. Often 60-70 mins, very early today ppl were able to get thru in 45 mins or less.

Last edited:
Wow, just got a notification that because we were in line but couldn’t ride we’ve been given a one day park hopper ticket like people did yesterday! Since we’re from the UK we probably won’t get to use it (when we do come over we go with the packages Disney offers to the UK which includes 14 day ‘ultimate’ tickets). Do you think it’s worth asking if we could trade this complimentary ticket for something else?

Wow, just got a notification that because we were in line but couldn’t ride we’ve been given a one day park hopper ticket like people did yesterday! Since we’re from the UK we probably won’t get to use it (when we do come over we go with the packages Disney offers to the UK which includes 14 day ‘ultimate’ tickets). Do you think it’s worth asking if we could trade this complimentary ticket for something else?

Worst they can say is no! I'd make a stop at Guest Relations on the way out.

For me on my 2 rides today it was ~45 mins then just under an hour for the 2nd ride. -- that is start to finish

Last edited:
The ride was phenomenal. Boarding group 74, and we got our BG around 730 am. Took about 35 mins from scan to ride. I love the virtual queue. We were able to do everything else in the park. Best HS visit I’ve had.

People can have their opinions on how Disney handled this opening, but I think it's fantastic that the second day after it opened you have people feeling like you just expressed about their day at the park. That's really awesome for visiting the second day a brand new ultra popular not so reliable attraction opened.

tomorrow and Sunday same as today. Next week they are ready to open by 8
Question for anyone who may know, as it relates to EMH. I've arrived at DHS for EMH later in the hour but never right at the beginning. At that point non-EMH eligible guests can scan in the park but can't get past internal checkpoints a little further down Hollywood Blvd where they scan for EMH eligibility. Or at least that's what I've seen the few times I've been during EMH.

Do they typically let non-EMH eligible guests in the park like that starting from the beginning of EMH time? Or is there a point during EMH where they start letting you do that?

What I'm getting at is what Sunday may look like from a non-EMH eligible guest perspective in terms of scanning in at the tapstyles so they can then be eligible to join a Boarding Group. For reference, posted EMH's Sunday are 8am-9am. In the context of this question I am 'assuming' that Disney will in fact provide the full EMH benefit to eligible guests through 9am, and not blow through that unannounced.
Thanks for the tip. I committed to Sunday, 12/8 being my best chance at RotR when booking my FP+ over 60 days ago because EEMH were not getting extended. The 6am opening with a scheduled 8am EMH really has me scratching my head. I do not want to miss out on getting a VQ spot so I plan on walking over from BC no later than 5am. This should at least get me an early queue spot and a chance to get on all my other favorite rides.

I will share/post the 1st EMH experiences, but I can't imagine it will be the norm going forward if CM schedules are pushing to 8am Monday. I am not going to lie, I will be a little frustrated if DHS just lets all guests in whether or not they are staying at a WDW resort Sunday at 6am. I will feel much better if we are queued up separately at tapstiles with resort guests being prioritized for the first hour (whatever that may be). I know the communication hasn't been the best, but if intentions are letting everyone in at 6am, I would rather WDW just cancel EMH/remove it from the calendar.

Got a late start. Hard charging day at the parks prior day. Got to DHS at 7:50. Got Boarding GP 78. Able to bang out SDD, TSM, RnRC, & TT. Online now for MFSR. Hoping they will get to my group today. Not optimistic based on downtime this a.m, but holding out hope. Rebellions are built on hope.
Just a quick summary of our experience today.
- 7:50 am, arrived at DHS, tapped in and received BG #78
- 5:22 pm, BG finally called (was back at BWI when called)
- 6:25 pm, entered RoR queue
- 6:53 pm, entered pre-show with Rey
- 7:15 pm, exit ride

Ride was awesome!! Glad we were able to get our boarding group in.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter