RotR Planning & Daily Boarding Group Discussion - *CLOSED*

Status
Not open for further replies.
Thanks for the tip. I committed to Sunday, 12/8 being my best chance at RotR when booking my FP+ over 60 days ago because EEMH were not getting extended. The 6am opening with a scheduled 8am EMH really has me scratching my head. I do not want to miss out on getting a VQ spot so I plan on walking over from BC no later than 5am. This should at least get me an early queue spot and a chance to get on all my other favorite rides.

I will share/post the 1st EMH experiences, but I can't imagine it will be the norm going forward if CM schedules are pushing to 8am Monday. I am not going to lie, I will be a little frustrated if DHS just lets all guests in whether or not they are staying at a WDW resort Sunday at 6am. I will feel much better if we are queued up separately at tapstiles with resort guests being prioritized for the first hour (whatever that may be). I know the communication hasn't been the best, but if intentions are letting everyone in at 6am, I would rather WDW just cancel EMH/remove it from the calendar.
Yeah - this one doesn’t sit right with me either. Terrible communication as has been the norm here with this opening. People made plans around those EMHs months ago and now who knows what benefit they’ll actually get. I hope whatever happens, you’re able to achieve what you want my man!!’

Just a quick summary of our experience today.
- 7:50 am, arrived at DHS, tapped in and received BG #78
- 5:22 pm, BG finally called (was back at BWI when called)
- 6:25 pm, entered RoR queue
- 6:53 pm, entered pre-show with Rey
- 7:15 pm, exit ride

Ride was awesome!! Glad we were able to get our boarding group in.
That’s so awesome! We just booked a last minute trip yesterday and will be there next week! Eek!! 😁 question for you- with the “official” park opening time being at 8:00, do you know if they were still letting people in super early? (Like 6:00am?) we just want to plan accordingly!

Forgive me if this has already been asked but I'm trying to post this befor I get another pop up saying I won a gift card...

What time do they start distributing boarding group passes? If I was to show up now (I'm not) would I be able to get one on the app or do I have to wait until 9 when they open?

Forgive me if this has already been asked but I'm trying to post this befor I get another pop up saying I won a gift card...

What time do they start distributing boarding group passes? If I was to show up now (I'm not) would I be able to get one on the app or do I have to wait until 9 when they open?
I assume you’re going tomorrow? Well you have to wait until you get IN the park to get a BG... Disney won’t tell you this but they aren’t opening at 9am. They are opening at 6am. All boarding groups may be gone by 8am (or shortly thereafter) tomorrow so arrive early!

I assume you’re going tomorrow? Well you have to wait until you get IN the park to get a BG... Disney won’t tell you this but they aren’t opening at 9am. They are opening at 6am. All boarding groups may be gone by 8am (or shortly thereafter) tomorrow so arrive early!
Yes I mean tomorrow. Thank you. I knew they were opening earlier than planned and would probably open early tomorrow but I wasn't sure if boarding groups started at 6 or 9.

I've been keeping loose tabs on BG join and call times. Trying to get a rough idea for when we arrive next week.
Day 2 - Fri Dec 6th:
You and your entire party must actually enter the park to all join a BG.
Shortly after 6:00a - HS opens the whole park
6:05a - BG 17 assigned
6:20a - BG 10 & 11 called, first guests finish ride by 6:45a
6:40a - BG 26 assigned
6:50a - BG 28 assigned
7:00a - BG 24 called
7:10a - BG 43 assigned
--- Up & Down for a few hours ---
7:15a to 7:45a - RoR down & back up. Evac'd w/ paper FPs.
8:10a - BG 86 assigned
8:15 - "VQ distributed for the day" posted, last BG is around 90 (was near BG 160 yesterday)
9:00a to 9:40a - RoR down & back up. Evac'd w/ paper FPs.
11:10a to 11:50a - RoR down & back up. Evac'd w/ paper FPs.
--- Looks good from here :D ---
1:00p - BG 35 called
1:30p - BG 40 called
2:00p - BG 45 called
3:00p - BG 49 called (assigned 7:30a)
5:30p - BG 74 called
6:40p - BG 83 called
ETA:
7:00p - BG 91 called (last assigned BG)
7:30p - Down again?
9:00p - Almost all BGs made it thru today, the small amount of guests that didn't were given 1 Day Hopper like yesterday.

When RoR runs without issue, close to 10 BGs called per hour on average. Unsure if BGs have a set number of people.
Once your group is called it usually takes 40-70mins to get thru the ride.
HS changed from 9am to 8am open now to Jan 4 (Sat & Sun 6 or 7am open possible?)
Thank you for this detailed info!! And by an official “8:00 am opening”, this really means open at 6:00 am? Hubby and I will be there next Wednesday 12/11, so we are trying to decide what time to get to the park. Definitely taking an Uber that morning!

Yes I mean tomorrow. Thank you. I knew they were opening earlier than planned and would probably open early tomorrow but I wasn't sure if boarding groups started at 6 or 9.
I think I read somebody here with insider knowledge mention they are opening at 6am again on Sat and Sun and once you tap into the park you can get a BG. If you’re really early and your boarding group gets called by 8am you can snag a 2nd BG for later in the day.

Thank you for this detailed info!! And by an official “8:00 am opening”, this really means open at 6:00 am? Hubby and I will be there next Wednesday 12/11, so we are trying to decide what time to get to the park. Definitely taking an Uber that morning!
We'll be there Thurs, and might pop in Wed :D Enjoy your trip!!!

Today HS changed hours from 9am open to 8am open thru the rest of Dec.
Most expect this Sat & Sun to have 6/7am early opening.

I'd watch Mon & Tues morning, Wed should be similar. I doubt they'll keep opening at 6am :( But there's a decent chance they let people in earlier than 8am :) I'm planning to arrive by 6:45am and hope they'll let us in 7-7:30am (unless Mon & Tues show to do otherwise).

Yesterday they opened for real at 6am, boarding passes open and you could walk to any open ride directly. So far all boarding passes gone each day by 8:30am, get to park as early as you can!

I've got friends who were going to try to ride today. Hope they get there early because I'm wondering with this being the first official weekend day if more people are going to try to get there early.

I've already warned a friend and my running trainer that if this doesn't die down at least a tad bit before the 17th (which I'm not overly hopeful of) we're probably going to be getting up at the butt crack of dawn. We need an early boarding group for our plans to work.

what time did they open the gates yesterday and what time did they open the lands? Have they let people in yet?

Thank

That’s so awesome! We just booked a last minute trip yesterday and will be there next week! Eek!! 😁 question for you- with the “official” park opening time being at 8:00, do you know if they were still letting people in super early? (Like 6:00am?) we just want to plan accordingly!
No one really knows for sure. Your best bet is to follow this thread for updates up to your trip. Given the multiples downtime’s they were having yesterday, we were lucky to get through our boarding group. I would have preferred to get a BG of under 50, but probably would have needed to get to the park by 6:30 or 7:00 at the latest based on pp posts. Good luck.

I got here at ten til 6 (had to leave my apartment in St. Pete at 4am O_O) and the lines were a little past the ticket windows. They just started scanning bands up front right at 6 (at least I'm assuming what the big cheer was a minute ago). I'm so close!

Twitters saying their starting to let people in.

people cheered but I think it was just CMs taking their places. We aren’t moving yet.

Obviously this is later than opening day, but there are more people here than opening day and the crowd is just more smooshed together. They were organized lines behind the DHS archway Thursday. Now it’s just a big mob.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter