RotR Planning & Daily Boarding Group Discussion - *CLOSED*

Status
Not open for further replies.
They're open until 9pm, and up to group 85 at 7:52pm. so depending on how many groups there are, that may not happen.

Sayhello

We were BG 85 Today. At Disney Springs now and decided
if we hadn’t heard by 7:45 (Given DHS 9pm closing) we would go to our Morimoto reservation which we are at now. Shortly thereafter we got called but unfortunately will not be able to make it. Even though park open til 9:00 “the return language” says we should arrive up until 9:52. Not OK. Will be contacting guest services.

First off, take a deep breath - we'll get you through this. :-)

DHS is scheduled to open at 8am on Wednesday. I would keep a close watch on this thread for Monday and Tuesday times/operations to help provide a framework for what Wednesday may look like. Thursday - Saturday the park opened for guests at 6:15am, 6:09am, and 6:36am respectively - and Boarding Groups were immediately available to join at that time. While we don't know when the park will open Wednesday, for the moment I would plan on a similar approx 6am opening just to be safe, unless we see something otherwise the next two days.

Once you enter ("tap in") the park with your ticket admission, you then open the app on your phone, click the "Star Wars: Rise of the Resistance - Access by Boarding Group" graphic that should be on the opening page, then click "Join Boarding Group" and follow the subsequent instructions. It may take the app a minute or so once you scan your park ticket admission at the tapstyles for the system to recognize you're in the park / let you join a Boarding Group. Everyone in your party needs to have scanned their ticket admission (eg, be in the park with you) to join a Boarding Group.

When your Boarding Group is later 'called' you should get a push notification to your phone letting you know, or you can easily check the app at any time. You have 2 hours to return to the ride once your boarding group is called.

Ignore whatever is leading you to the "refresh from 7:30am onwards" comment above - that was something unique to today's EMH which won't be applicable to your day.

Josh/EasyWDW had a good post yesterday with alot of the specifics and screen shots of the app/Boarding Group process: https://www.easywdw.com/easy/blog/d...after-star-wars-rise-of-the-resistance-opens/

A similar step-by-step overview from Blog Mickey: https://blogmickey.com/rise-of-the-resistance-virtual-queue-boarding-groups-guide/

Hope that helps, if anything isn't clear please ask.

Thank you so much - hugely appreciated and massively helpful.

BG is essentially a 100% Fastpass with no standby.
Yes and no. These days when people think of FP they think of reserving 30-60+ days in advance for a specific 1 hr time slot.

The VQ system is dynamic line management that requires early arrival to reserve your place in line and a ton of flexibility throughout the day to actually ride (especially for those with mid-late BG assignments).

So to say this is 100% fastpass isn’t really a fair characterization. Perhaps you could say it’s similar to the old paper FP system in that it is same day and requires early arrival but the absence of a defined return window still is a distinct difference. You also can still return to a fairly substantial wait too.

You can leave AFTER tapping your magic band for entry, going into the park, and joining a boarding group. You must be physically in the park to join a boarding group.
Visiting in a few weeks. Assuming they have the same deal in place, I assume I have to bring the Magic Bands for the rest of my group with me into DHS to all get in the boarding group (we had planned on hitting DHS later in the day one of our days).

Yes and no. These days when people think of FP they think of reserving 30-60+ days in advance for a specific 1 hr time slot.

The VQ system is dynamic line management that requires early arrival to reserve your place in line and a ton of flexibility throughout the day to actually ride (especially for those with mid-late BG assignments).

So to say this is 100% fastpass isn’t really a fair characterization. Perhaps you could say it’s similar to the old paper FP system in that it is same day and requires early arrival but the absence of a defined return window still is a distinct difference. You also can still return to a fairly substantial wait too.
Sorry, I'm west coast. have to clarify. FP a la Disneyland

Visiting in a few weeks. Assuming they have the same deal in place, I assume I have to bring the Magic Bands for the rest of my group with me into DHS to all get in the boarding group (we had planned on hitting DHS later in the day one of our days).

The way I have been reading posts is that your group will have to actually be scanned into the park. I do not think just having their Magic Bands with you will be enough.

That won't work. Each person has to tap at the tapstiles for it to become available to join a bg

From reports they actually haven't been using the finger scan, but the person still needs to be there to scan the mb obviously
Yeah - sort of a joke. I didn’t actually expect them to hack off their family members hands and take the bloody appendages to the entrance just to secure a BG. 🤣 😆 😝

That just seems pretty dark...

This is the kind of pandemonium that people predicted would occur when GE first opened...

Suddenly, I`m glad we visited in October instead of changing our trip dates to try to ride ROTR. I`ll let the madness die down (?) before thinking about when we`ll try to come visit and ride it.

Quick question: does this mean that everything else at WDW has a lower than usual wait time?

Now at the airport on the way home :( so can sit and type out our day of the things I kept track of. Sorry it’s long.
Alarm went off at 4 am and got to our resort bus stop just before 5. Bus came at 5:08 and arrived at HS at 5:28. Not everyone waiting at the last stop was able to get on the bus. They had tons of security lines open so that was very quick to get through and enter park. NonEMH held outside gates. Everyone inside held on Hollywood Blvd and we were equal with Starbucks entrance. At about 5:50, started moving forward only to stop again by the FP kiosk area. About 6:02, finally released. Seemed like most of crowd headed toward TSL with a large portion heading to GE and just a few towards Sunset Blvd. At 6:25, boarded SDD. When getting off, app said 75 minute wait for SDD but it really didn’t look like that was true. Next rode TSM, ~12 minute wait, boarding at 6:42. Thought about riding Aliens but said 20 minute wait so instead mobile ordered breakfast at Woody’s. Next I went on Star Tours which was pretty much a walk-on. While on the ride, my mom who didn’t ride texted me VQ was open and we got 26. Left park to go back to resort to drop off luggage for airline checkin and rest while keeping an eye on progress of groups. Was stuck for awhile on BG 13, but once it seemed to be moving again, headed back to HS. Arrived about 11:20 and went to 11:30 Frozen show. While in show, got BG called notification. Headed to ROTR and in line at 12:15. About 30 minutes in queue, mostly slowly moving without long stops. I did like that there are places to sit in the queue. Amazing ride, CM are excellent and stayed in character! Exited ride about 1:10 pm. Headed to Animal Kingdom for lunch and for our 3:30, 4:30 and 5:30 FP for Everest, Safari and FOP. Then back to resort to catch Magical Express. Definitely a successful albeit exhausting day and I can’t wait to ride ROTR again!

We were BG 85 Today. At Disney Springs now and decided
if we hadn’t heard by 7:45 (Given DHS 9pm closing) we would go to our Morimoto reservation which we are at now. Shortly thereafter we got called but unfortunately will not be able to make it. Even though park open til 9:00 “the return language” says we should arrive up until 9:52. Not OK. Will be contacting guest services.
I am SO sorry to hear this! I sure hope they compensate you. It's 9:25, and RotR says the land is closed, and they're boarding 73-95. It *just* moved from 72 to 73, so something is moving.

How was Morimoto? I have a ADR for that while I'm there.

Sayhello

In reference to the EMH day of December 8, what was the situation for non-EMH guests when the BGs opened at 7:19 a.m.? Were those guests able to tap into the park early enough to join a group exactly at that time, 7:19 a.m.? Or were they still outside the park?

In reference to the EMH day of December 8, what was the situation for non-EMH guests when the BGs opened at 7:19 a.m.? Were those guests able to tap into the park early enough to join a group exactly at that time, 7:19 a.m.? Or were they still outside the park?

Reports are it was a few minutes later before they were let in.

Has anyone used rider swap for this ride? What was your experience? We will be there in 2 weeks and will have to swap out as our 2 year old is not tall enough. It has been a long time since we have used rider swap, but have never used it in a situation like this.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Our Dreams Unlimited Travel Agents will assist you in booking the perfect Disney getaway, all at no extra cost to you. Get the most out of your vacation by letting us assist you with dining and park reservations, provide expert advice, answer any questions, and continuously search for discounts to ensure you get the best deal possible.

CLICK HERE

facebook twitter