RoR Near Park Closing

An awful lot can change between now and next May. Fantasmic! is coming back in November. It used to begin before park closing. Having a real nighttime show again in HS may significantly affect crowd movement patterns (park-hopping), as well as retaining daytime crowds longer through the days/evenings than currently reported at HS. Re-evaluate after Fantasmic! has been showing for a couple months.
If past history is any indication, the waits for the DHS headliners will be even shorter once Fantasmic is back online. The crowds start heading toward the amphitheater well before showtime leaving everything else pretty much wide open. The best setup was when F! was performed an hour before park close then again a half hour after closing time. This allowed for multiple rerides on the headliners over the last hour and a half to two hours of operation. Tower of Terror would even stay open 10-15 minutes after the posted close time if you wanted to get in 1 or 2 more loops.

This still gave plenty of time to stroll in to the F! theater before showtime, and the place was usually less than half full. Those were the days.

Another thing to keep in mind is that these parks tend to be much busier in the mornings than in the evenings. So if a headliner doesn't fire up on time in the morning that just means that the other attractions will have even longer lines. If one of these does happen to break down in the evening then you can just hop in another short line.
I cannot find the reference right now but I thought I read that it's over an hour of "boot up" time for RoR or whatever the proper word is for the ride to come back online after being shut down for the night. All it takes is one fault to be detected to make that take longer than normal and that trackless system and other many aspects of that ride is very complex.

I cannot find the reference right now but I thought I read that it's over an hour of "boot up" time for RoR or whatever the proper word is for the ride to come back online after being shut down for the night. All it takes is one fault to be detected to make that take longer than normal and that trackless system and other many aspects of that ride is very complex.
Yes, just waiting until later in the day when the line gets short is usually a pretty good idea.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter