RoR Near Park Closing

Cathyn35

Earning My Ears
I know for any chance of getting ILL for RoR I have to get up with the birds. However my kids and I are night owls and we like to hit parks late afternoon and stay until close.
Has anyone gone to RoR near closing and if so what were the waits like? I read somewhere that wait times at park close are much shorter than what’s posted.

It's hard to predict for any given day, but it is definitely worth checking if you're there as it can happen. I've experienced 30 mins leading up to closing.

Just a couple of nights ago, the posted wait close to closing time was 45 minutes. The actual wait was most likely about half of that.

When we were there last September, one night about 20 minutes before closing the posted wait time for Rise was 5 minutes. It was a complete walk-on. We actually stopped and took a photo of the wait time sign, as we knew we'd likely never see that again. It was one of those unexpected, magical moments that tend to happen at Disney.

All that to say, don't expect a 5-minute wait. But the wait time will likely be less - maybe significantly less -- than what's posted right before park closing.

We were there in February. Hopped in line less than 5 mins before park closing. Posted time was 80 mins. We were off the ride in 40.

The one risk with waiting to ride at the end of the night is that some nights the ride isn't working. We tried twice during our trip. We rode once and the other time the ride was down all evening and never re-opened.

About a week ago I got in line at about 8pm - an hour prior to park close - with a 70 minute posted wait. I was in the preshow about 45 minutes later and off the ride shortly after 9pm.

Rise will have a very short line at the end of the night and even if it doesn't it will fly once the park closes and there are no more ILLs. The wait time will be over-posted but just ignore it and get in the queue.

There is one major issue though, and that's that Rise is an incredibly unreliable ride (for Disney) and there is a non-zero chance that it will break down and you won't be able to ride.

The other option is to try to time it so that you get in line just as the ride is coming back up from a breakdown. We did that early evening in March and only waited about 40 mins in standby.

It's hard to predict for any given day, but it is definitely worth checking if you're there as it can happen. I've experienced 30 mins leading up to closing.
Yes, in June we were got into the Que at 1 pm had a board number of 170....
We got into line at about 530 we left the park well after close....

Been there done that....
I love Star Wars I don't ever need to do that ride again.... But I would like to see someone get into a fight with a storm trooper ... That could be entertaining

Last night (4/28), the actual reported wait time for Rise was 16 minutes shortly before closing time. The posted wait was 45 minutes.

Last edited:
This keeps getting better.

Last night (4/29), the actual reported wait time at Rise was 22 minutes about an hour before close. The posted wait time dropped to 15 minutes about a half hour later.

That means it was most likely a walk on at that point.

Posted wait time for Rise dropped to 25 minutes again last night (5/1).

This may be enough evidence to answer the original question properly.

If this is a must do or one time shot for you, you need to consider the risk. All of the HS headliners have been going down here and there, and it's possible the ride is closed. That strategy would have worked last week, sure, but there is risk.

My theory is that more and more guests are arriving much earlier in the mornings, and leave well before closing time.
Agreed!

You have to rethink how you do the parks. I used to say that you will do more in the first 90 minutes of the the day and the last 90 minutes of the day than you will be able to do the rest of the day.

However, it seems rope drop is becoming a thing of the past.

This is really great news,
I might actually go on the ride again if I can get on with no VQ and no hours in line.

Agreed!

You have to rethink how you do the parks. I used to say that you will do more in the first 90 minutes of the the day and the last 90 minutes of the day than you will be able to do the rest of the day.

However, it seems rope drop is becoming a thing of the past.
I’ve always felt that rope drop is way too crowded and stressful.

Time isn’t free, and those crowds waiting outside the locked gate early in the morning are going to tire out and leave well before closing time.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter