Rope Drop or Afternoon Arrival?

Dpflake

Earning My Ears
I’m reading online that crowds have been picking up ever since more Park Reservations have opened up. My husband and I are planning for 8 days in September. My question is should we plan on Rope Drop for each park for one day that way we could possibly ride popular attractions before more people arrive and then the other days just arrive later in the afternoon and stay till closing? Maybe then people will be heading back to hotels for naps and swimming. Plus much cooler temperatures?? Any type of tips would be greatly appreciated.

Rope drop for us. We can rest in the evenings. As a matter of fact I am building two whole non-Disney days at the end of the trip at Clearwater Beach for us to just sleep in and relax for those days.

It's really a personal preference, IMHO, I prefer arriving in the afternoon and staying until park close. I find the parks to be significantly less crowded and overall more enjoyable in the late afternoons/evenings compared to the mornings, I also enjoy the parks all lit up at night, there is something special about enjoying the parks in the evening..

It's really a personal preference, IMHO, I prefer arriving in the afternoon and staying until park close. I find the parks to be significantly less crowded and overall more enjoyable in the late afternoons/evenings compared to the mornings, I also enjoy the parks all lit up at night, there is something special about enjoying the parks in the evening..
I agree with arriving at the parks later in the day and staying till closing. Especially if I can sleep in a few mornings 😉

We're rope drop people. We're there early, leave for an afternoon break around 1, back in the parks from 6-7 to closing.

I might do an afternoon arrival if it's a "1" day, but even then you're chancing it. Not all "1" days are alike.

One of the nights that we are going to be there we are going to Universal Halloween Horror Nights so that will probably be a resort tour, shopping and a relax day 😊

Until Fast Passes return in some form, Rope Drop is a necessity, unless you want to wait in long lines.

I’m reading online that crowds have been picking up ever since more Park Reservations have opened up. My husband and I are planning for 8 days in September. My question is should we plan on Rope Drop for each park for one day that way we could possibly ride popular attractions before more people arrive and then the other days just arrive later in the afternoon and stay till closing? Maybe then people will be heading back to hotels for naps and swimming. Plus much cooler temperatures?? Any type of tips would be greatly appreciated.
Rope drop has always been a good advantage but with the restrictions most people says they were better off going later.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter