Rope drop left or right for Smugglers 9/24 strategy

micheleq

DIS Veteran
Help me Disers! You’re my only hope! ❤️

For those of us not brave enough to rope drop ROTR and want to try for Smugglers run first, is it best to stay right and enter through Toy Story land? Or do you risk getting caught up in that rope drop traffic for SDD?

I feel like the main entry to Batuu will be backed up ROTR line.

When Batuu originally opened, the Toy Story entrance was only an exit. Has this happened recently? I'd be tempted to go right and through Toy Story Land but I'd be concerned about that entrance being open.

sorry, not much help. Just the questions that went through my mind.

Last time I was there, which was March 2020, you could enter Batuu from Toystory land. Not sure if that's changed with all the recent pandemic issues, but definitely could access from both point early last year!

When Batuu originally opened, the Toy Story entrance was only an exit. Has this happened recently? I'd be tempted to go right and through Toy Story Land but I'd be concerned about that entrance being open.

sorry, not much help. Just the questions that went through my mind.
I’ve never entered that way at rope drop so I wasn’t sure if it was open. A friend offline told me it’s unlikely it will be open this week to help control the foot traffic.

Can you ask a CM when you arrive on the 24th? If the Toy Story Land entrance is open then I would recommend going that way to ride Smuggler's Run but I can see it being closed to discourage RotR guests from arriving from 2 different locations. I could see that having potential of being a big problem if they did and then tried to merge.

I am also planning to be at HS on 9/24. Do you know what time the rope drop has been happening lately? Thanks!

Last time I was there, which was March 2020, you could enter Batuu from Toystory land. Not sure if that's changed with all the recent pandemic issues, but definitely could access from both point early last year!

We just left GE an hour ago, you can enter/exit either through Toystory or the entrance by Muppets.

edited to add: Not sure if that will change with the new standby queue for RoTR. I agree that line might change things with the main entry point, gonna be a lot of people in that line

At early entry on Monday, CMs directed people to the left (muppets entrance) for RotR, and to the right (toy story entrance) for MFSR.

The RotR line extended all the way down to the Mickey Shorts theater at like 8:45, so my family and I decided to pass. We instead circled back through the toy story side (a CM at the end of toy story land asked us where we were going - we said MFSR and he let us through) and got in line.

Is this still the recommended way to rope drop Smuggler's Run (enter through Toy Story Land)? (at least for early Jan 2022 visits)?

Last edited:
Is this still the recommended way to rope drop Smuggler's Run (enter through Toy Story Land)? (at least for early Jan 2022 visits)?

Unless something has changed since October 2021 then you must go by Muppets 3D, not Toy Story Land to get to Rise at Rope Drop. You go by Toy Story to go to MFSR at Rope Drop.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter