Rope drop 8/6/22

wendydarling33

Mouseketeer
Just wanted to share our experience with rope dropping DLP yesterday. I couldn’t find a lot of info on best practices for rope drop but figured out a plan and it worked nicely so I thought I’d share in case it helps someone. We are Americans fairly familiar with DL and WDW. Our focus was rides that were unique to DLP or different enough from the IS counterparts to be interesting. We had one day/ two park passes and we travelled from Paris city center via RER. It was fairly busy (sign outside the parks said it was sold out for the day?)

8:55 Arrived at gate to Studios. About 50 people back in our line. We had hoped to get there earlier but were delayed slightly. We decided to start with the studios because it currently does not have early entry for hotel guests. If we started at Parc Disneyland, the lines would have already built up significantly for BTM.
9:30 Gates opened promptly at the opening time posted. We speed-walked straight to Crush’s Coaster and walked straight on (posted time was 15 min). Seems most people were heading to Spider-Man but we didn’t have interest in that one since we have it in CA.
9:45 Rode Remy’s with no wait
10 Got in line for Avengers. 20 min wait
10:30 Rode Tower of Terror (5 min wait)

Then we jumped over to Disneyland and got in line for Space (30 min), had lunch, rode Phantom Manor (10 min) Indiana Jones (20 min) and Pirates (30 min). Spent some time doing walk thrus (island, Alice, Castle) shopped and had ice cream. At about 5 we decided to do BTM since the wait time had come down to 40min. Unfortunately it broke down and we ended up stalking the reopening for about an hour and then walked right on. Shopped a bit more then left about 7. Overall it was a great day and we were able to get on all the rides we wanted to. Wish we could have spent two days at the parks but we couldn’t squeeze it in this trip.

Is there a ride at DL/WDW in the US that compares to the Crush Coaster in intensity? I'm trying to figure out if either of my kids would ride but since it's so dark in the ride videos it's hard to tell.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter