Rooms by midship elevators and privacy/noise???

AmyM

<font color=blue>Things sometimes get better the s
We are staying in 8032 on the 1/3/2004 Magic. We have booked my in-laws in 7052. My questions are...on our last cruise I looked at the door to 8032 and it seems you can see right into that room from the elevator lobby. I'm hoping with the hall in room 8032 that we will still have some privacy??? Has anyone either stayed in 8032 or walked by and noticed any problem with privacy? Also, we wanted Grandpa and Grandma to be close to us so kids can easily go see them. I can't justify spending the extra $$$ for two people in a Cat 4 so we put them in Cat 5, room 7052. That room looks close enough to the elevators but at least down a couple of doors so you have a little more privacy. Should I be concerned or will these rooms be OK? Any input/suggestions are very welcome...THANKS!

While I've never stayed in that specific room, I have stayed near the elevators (7106). I actually prefer it. I think it's more convenient and never had a problem with noise.

I've stayed in a room right there at the elevator lobby before and am requesting the same on our next cruise....No problem at all with noise and it was so convenient.

Amy, we stayed in 8032 on the Wonder and had no concerns about privacy. The door opens into a small hallway that has the second bath and a closet. This area is about 5 or 6 feet long and not very wide. Nobody will really be able to see into your room - in fact I think they will see a lot less than a normal stateroom. All you can see is the hallway and the sofa on the far end of the hall. This is pretty much what you see for all statemrooms.

Also, given the room configuration, we never had any problem with noise from outside the door. The only occassional noise issue we had was from above us. 8032 is below where the exit to the teen club is and there was a ping pong table up there. We could occassionaly hear some noice from the ping pong table.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

Latest posts

facebook twitter