Romance and a bottle of wine?

LionPrincess

Earning My Ears
Romance and a bottle of wine?
Hi,

I'm looking for some ways to make a creative presentation to my loved one when we visit WDW. He is a first timer. I already have a few ideas and I'm reading a lot of threads on this board for more ideas. I guess I'm just looking for a little extra...

Background- We've had a rough year (events in our lives and the US have really caused some turmoil) and we need to loosen up and really be kids. We are unmarried 20 somethings. Here are some romantic gestures I'm already working on:

*Personalized itinerary (lots of surprises and no set schedules) on pretty paper with a Disney character on top of each page and I'm going to give them to him day by day
*Lots of photos while we are there with a scrapbook at the end
*New Disney apparel for both of us to wear around the park
*New "special apparel" for me to wear around the hotel room
*Surprise dinners (he only knows a few) but no added surprises at dinner (at least as of yet)

I need ideas of crazy things to do. I want the trip to be romantic but not at all serious. We really need to relax and ENJOY the trip. I'd really like to let him know from DAY 1 that he can be a big kid while he's there and to just go crazy and have fun. Ideas??????

ALSO... and this is pretty important as part of the plan to loosen up and have fun...

Could I get some detailed information about the cost of alcohol in various places? Beer, wine, champagne? We won't be stopping off at a grocery store on the way there so I need to be prepared to pay for it in the park.

What's the cost at...
--Cindy's and the expensive places... particularly the cost of a bottle of wine or champagne if those are available.

-Le Cellier or some of the middle of the road places for a beer or afternoon tropical type drink.

-Taverns and club prices on Pleasure Island especially at night

-Best places to go to have a few drinks and dance the night away

I'm trying to budget and I can't find any indication of prices in these places besides a few references in some of the lengthier travel posts (THANK YOU TO THOSE OF YOU WHO INCLUDED PRICES OF MEALS AND DRINKS IN YOUR VERY DETAILED POSTS!!!)

Thanks for any and all suggestions!

LionP

I can't help you specifically with prices for drinks but I do remember thinking they were comparative to local restaurant prices. You can expect to pay $5 or 6 for a glass of wine, a couple of dollars (maybe 3?) for a beer and usually around 5 for fruity vacation drinks. I do remember there was a little hut like walk up drink place outside of Captain Jack's oyster bar at Downtown Disney that had a yummy blue drink (I think it was an electric parrot or something like that). I like to go there and then walk around DD.

As for some fun things to do. Definitely try to rent the little water speed boats (mouse sprites or something). They are great to zip around the lake by MK. You and your loved one can race. They are a blast. You can rent them at most hotels with water access and at DD.

Another thing that is fun is the drink around the world. You start out in Mexico or Canada and work your way around World Showcase having a drink at each stop.

You might try parasailing. We did it one trip and it was wonderful. I recommend doing the tandem flight though so you are up there together and can see and talk and experience things together.

Depending on where you are staying you can have a cake or other treats waiting for you in your room when you check in. This helps if you are celebrating something special while you are there. They will even decorate a little.

Well if I think of anything else I'll post again. Just relax, don't try to do and see everything (or you'll just be worn out) and have fun.

How about booking an Illuminations cruise? You will have the boat all to yourselves plus the driver of course, and you will have a wonderful view of Illuminations plus you can take your own bottle of wine and snacks or have it catered by Disney. It will be very nice and something special.
You might want to rethink stopping at a grocery store for wine before arriving at WDW. I find the wine to be very expensive at WDW especially at the nicer sitdown restaurants it is often almost $8.00 a glass. Having a bottle or two of wine in your room is very nice to have a drink before dinner or after coming back from the parks at night.
The drinks at PI are comparable with the cost of drinks at most bars. PI is a very fun place, make sure you go at least one night. If you like comedy do not miss the Comedy Warehouse and the Adventurers Club. Have a wonderful, magical Disney vacation!

where are you staying? there are alot of very romantic places at the different resorts.

take the monrail from the Mk over to the Polyn at dusk and walk along the beach to the Grand Floridian. after the torches are lite walk around the Polyn.

Wine is one of the few overpriced things at WDW. We had a discussion with the wine steward at California Grill about the prices, He claimed a 100% markup was average - a little more for the less expensive wines and a little less for the better wines. Fortunately, my brother is pretty astute about prices and helped make good economic selections. Basically, we felt that 200% over retail was the standard. I'm sure that it would depend on the prices that you are used to paying at home.

For a minimum admission charge, the dance hall at the Boardwalk is the place to have a few drinks and "dance the night away." We are disappointed that they switched from swing to Latin music, but I am sure it is still a fun way to end an evening.

Citrico's is our favorite quiet meal, but California Grill is pretty good to eat and watch the fireworks.

Have a great time and RELAX!

Take the ferry to Fort wilderness, there's a great walk from there over to Wilderness Lodge.. we saw some very beautiful peacocks, even an albino one. It was a quiet, relaxed walk, and I think we only saw 2 other people. You can also get snacks, beverages ( alcohol included) at the little store and relax on the beach there.. there's lounge chairs

Welcome to the DIS.

For a not necessarily <i>romantic</i> evening but for a <b>fun</b> evening, I suggests Jellyrolls on the boardwalk. It's just fun and it's very difficult to think about current events when you are in there :)

Katholyn

I second Jellyrolls. One of the funnest placest at WDW!

If you're wanting to 'be kids again' how about the campfire movies in Fort Wilderness? You can make s'mores (they sell the 'kits' for a few bucks) and then kick back and watch the movie (which is free) -- outdoors.

Other ideas:
:) Rent bikes and take off on the FW trails.
:) Float around Castaway Creek hand in hand.
:) Ask to ride up front in the monorail.
:) 'Ride the Rails' -- stop at a lounge at a monorail resort, have a drink and then on to the next.
:) Ride all the 'kiddie' rides in Fantasyland.

Good luck!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter