Roll call for August 29th 2004 wonder

Thanks you guys for your warm wishes.

Deborah, I guess we'll have lots to talk about on our pre-dawn walks on Deck 4! :hyper2: (Don't forget I want the Insider's Tips on Kohl's shopping, too...) I watched my sister's struggles as a single parent so I can only imagine how difficult that's been for you in and of itself let alone having Ca. You must be a very strong woman.

Michelle, I understand your husband's struggles. I've been a cardiac nurse in Boston for 18 years so have taken care of many in the same predicament. How difficult. I'm glad he made it through and is on his way to recovery. I have a good friend, also a firefighter (and originally my patient), who went through a similar thing too. I couldn't agree more that we need to count our blessings and live for today. The chips will fall where they may with his work. I also believe that things happen for a reason. You guys are going to have such an awesome time (especially with your REAS pkg) - I'm happy for you.

Good night everyone. :faint:

You and I must have been replying to Lindas post at exactly the same time, and so I have only just seen yours. Obviously I am thinking of you too. We have had fifteen years of worry over a health problem close to home and the one thing that it has taught me is to enjoy every moment and judging by this roll call every family on it feels the same way. Watch out Disney, I think there are going to be some fairly crazy cruisers on the 29th!!!!

Right back to the packing. Six days to go!

Hey Guys,
Two weeks from today, this time exactly - guess where we will be? (Hint: It's a *Secret*...) :boat: :drinking1 :grouphug: :hyper2: :cool1:

Everyday, my children wake up and announce the countdown to Disney! :jumping1: Not too much longer--if I can only keep my sanity till then. :crazy: Hope I haven't forgotten anything important!!!!

Ok, so im sitting here reading these post on the verge of tears... this is suppose to be a happy board!!! Im so glad that all is well and free from anything life threatening at this moment. Life is too short and we got 4 wonderful days ahead of us... and as far as hair is concerned... i got the curley kind that just hates anything humid... please dont look at my red kinky hair!!! So, went shopping again today and I think I am done!!! Went to outlets and hubby got some great deals at liz claborne... sandles for kids and more shorts... then off to kohls again... Im done, thats it... if I look bad that is too bad... Im broke and I havent gotten on the boat yet.. hubby is sitting next to me on bed picking out his cigars that he is bringing and disturbing my concentration. Hope we all manage to get through the next two weeks germ and hurrican free... Night! Eileen:wave:

Jay tried to send pictures of the kids to you so that Gabrielle and Matthew could get an idea of who to look out for!!! Bummer....they came back as your email box is full!! Will try to have Jay post some here later when he gets back from errands!
Have now packed for Paige and I vow not to buy her anything more.......her suitcase is totally full!! I may go out to Old Navy later and get the boys a few more summer shirts as I don't want to do laundry on vacation !! Still have put off shopping with Russell........will go through my stuff this weekend, although I don't think I need to get anything more........just hope I fit in what I just purchased!! It is so hot here that when I went running this morning, I was only able to go about 2 miles before feeling like I was going to stroke out from the heat!! Will try cycling tomorrow at the gym!!
Hope all is well with all!
Michelle

I did receive the photos. Your children are adorable! There must have been some kind of email glitch? Gabrielle was so happy to see a picture of Paige! You can see what we look like on our door sign (on an earlier post). Good for you--working out--I was trying to earlier in the summer--but didn't continue it. I hope that my clothes will still fit by the time I get on the ship!!!:wave:

ok guys, I searched back on posts and relized that we have sons almost the same age and... my daughster and Linda son is the same age...??? I THINK? I would love to see pics and have our kids get together since they will all be together.... my son is giorgio and is 5....little one is Gianna 4...both are very friendly and outgoing!!! I have lots of pics.. just send me email addresses.... Eileen

I look forward to it!! Our email address is mjvans@nwi.net
I will be on the look-out!! Just a refresher........our 4 kids onboard will be Russell (14), Paige (8), Tyler (6) and Matty (4)
Are you by any chance Italian?? Love your kids' names!
I'm 100% Italian and so wanted to name one of our sons, Gianni after my grandfather!! (it just did not sound very good with our last name though!!! Take care and hope to hear from you soon!!
Michelle

Hi all! This is so funny -- leave it to Italians to find each other!!! As I am planning this trip--I am figuring out my family's holiday to Italy next year! It's my parent's 45th anniversary as well as my dad's 70th birthday. He has been in U of Penn Cardiac Care unit since 1995--so I feel like this will be the last chance for him to see the family in Perugia!!! Caio! Maria

Our connections here just keep getting better and better!! My brother and sister-in-law who will be cruising on the Wonder in September are also planning a trip to Italy next spring.....they are doing a cruise there..........my grandparents came from Genoa.....think that is awesome that you are planning a trip with your Dad.......you are a sweet devoted daughter!!! Awesome deal! Ciao for now!
Michelle

So it's 4am and am on my break at work - I'm sure my coworkers are getting tired of my Disney talk, at least the ones here tonight. (Another just came home from her 1st WDW trip a DVC owner - at least I'm not the only nutty one around here). In reading the last few posts I'm sure my kids would really enjoy meeting all of yours, too. They'll be seeing eachother around the clubs, pools/slide and even at CC. My kids are Andrea and Christopher, age 6 (twins).

I think I have everyone straight but figured I'd attempt doing the list over again (sorry, it's how my brain works). Here goes:

MJVans - Hyatt, RonJon's
Michelle
Jay
DS14 Russell
DD8 Paige
DS6 Tyler
DS4 Matty

D'AngelosdoDisney - Contemporary
Eileen
Nick
DD12 Eileen
DS5 Giorgio
DD4 Gianna

janemoj - Port Orleans, Polynesian
Jane
Phil
DS15 Chris
DD13 Kathryn
DD10 Beth (BDay girl)

DVC from NJ - Boardwalk
Maria
Roger
DD8 Gabrielle
DS6 Matthew

Pea-n-Me - Yacht Club, Wilderness Lodge
Linda
Paul
DD6 Andrea
DS6 Christopher

justus3d - Universal, Port Orleans
Deborah
DS16 Jonathan
DD7 Jordan

Pluto Favorite
Debbie
DD11 Jessica
DN15 Kristine
DN11 Sarah
DM Elaine

(I searched the thread and whatever was blank I couldn't find). Maria, how old are your kids and what is DH's name? Same with you, Eileen, missing DH's name. Pluto Favorite only had one post and never came back. Maybe they'll join in again or surprise us on Deck 7. How are people's kids meeting? Any kids coming at 3pm?

Everyone is staying at some nice places. It is so hard picking where to stay, isn't it? I think it's fun to try different ones but seeing the Poly and Contemporary listed makes me miss both of them. Hope we like where we're staying as much as we liked it there. Thought a lot about packing yesterday and came to the conclusion it's going to be a fiasco no matter what - have never stayed 3 different places in one trip before! Jane, how are you managing?? Anyone have any good packing tips?

You must work graveyards........oh how I remember those days!!
Thanks for taking the time to post all this info!! It was very thoughtful! You will probably have no trouble at all packing as just from the looks of the thread, I assume that you are very organized and detail oriented!! I have now finished packing for Paige, Tyler and Matthew. I actually went shopping tonight with Russell and it was a more pleasant experience than originally anticipated. I'm so glad he came with me though, as I would have picked him out totally all the wrong stuff. I went right for the casual, cargo-like khakis, thinking if he is going to have to wear long pants, he will probably like these the best........wrong.......he went right for the dressier khakis ......this absolutely shocked me and I totally thought he was kidding......ended up getting Jay a pair too.........Russell also picked himself out a really nice white, long sleeve linen shirt.......shocked again!! And his size surprised me too.........he now wears a 35 X 32..........and to think, I thought he was still wearing a 30 or 32 waist.........he just had his physical as he will be turning 14 on Saturday.....he now is 5ft 11 inches and weighs 168........tall and lean..........gosh, what happened to mybaby!!
Anway...................
We will definitely be at the deck party...........I'm still planning on bringing the merlot! I can not wait !! Just so excited about meeting everyone........
Have a quiet morning!
Michelle

Linda, thanks for the list. You are so organised! Can't wait to meet you all. I am almost past caring about the packing. By the time we arrive on the cruise we will have had 8 days in Disney and by then will look totally wrecked! There will be nothing left that matches. You can all just secretly think that the English are totally eccentric! The only thing I forget once was my contact lenses and it was awful. Spent the whole holiday holding on to my glasses at Blizzard Beach and Typhon Lagoon. Learnt my lesson. The spares are already packed.

Beginning to feel a little left out that I'm not Italian. I did visit Italy in about 1970 so can I still be in your club, Please?

I don't think you can go wrong with any Disney Hotel. It's like choosing candy!!!

Michelle, just seen your post. Russell seems more grown up than you thought!!! Can't wait to see him!

I wanted to share something exciting with you guys. Unfortunately I'm not technically savvy enough to include an address that would take you right there (have been trying for half an hour). I started a thread to ask "Has anyone seen whales or dolphins from their verandahs?". I never thought to look for any sea life last year from the main decks so what I saw reflected that: nothing! But it sounds here like from any deck we may be able to see some cool sealife. So don't forget your binoculars!
Linda

goodnight...:boat: :fish:

Here's my family info: husband-Roger :earsboy: , daughter-Gabrielle :earsgirl: (age 8), and son-Matthew :earsboy: (just turned 6 last week).

Ok, Ok, Ok,.... you guys are fast posters! First, DH is Nick... he is the Italian in this family... Im first generation American, both parents born and raised in Ireland... All of my relative are either in Ireland or live in England... see jane, you are not left out! All three of my children look as if they just got of the boat from Dublin... Names were my husbands idea... Giorgio is named after my fatherinlaw.. His name is george but I hated it... so we came up with the italian version... Gianna was just a name that we both liked and Eileen is not named after me but after my mother who passed one year.. almost to the day... prior to Eileens birth..We were very close. As far as deck meeting, we are there! Michelle, will send pics in mail.... Hope all is well... I dont think im gonna make through these last days... Bye for now, Eileen:wave2:

Ok I am just a little crazed:bounce: My kids are home!!:crazy: The have been gone for most of the summer and now they are back. We were sitting here and I told them I have to check my friends. Thank you all so much for the well wishes... you all know that is what keeps us sane and healthy...Much love to you all! :earsgirl: I see the connections are continuing Italians huh!!Great more to celebrate:earseek: Looks like my son Jonathan 16, Russell 14, and Chris 15, should have a ball together. Jane I sent you a PM on the details on when we will be at the Port Orleans, leave me a messages so the boys can hook up. DD Jordan 7 will be in the same group as the Twins, Tyler and Matt. Maybe they can all become fast friends and hang out at the club a lot :chat: Gosh guys it is almost time. I have been struggling over the packing too. :( I think I am bringing too much:teeth: I have tons of film and the digital, an extra bag for the extra stuff. I need to get ziplocs to put all of the small stuff in.:hyper: We were trying to plan/book a trip for this time next year... a cruise in Europe for 12 days on the new ship Liberty, Carnival but I already told the kids if I have half as much fun as I think we will I am booking Disney again:tongue: :goodvibes Going to the store tomorrow to get Jordans oatmeal and some water other than that, i think I am set. :wave: The bags will be packed and by the door on Saturday.
See you guys soon:grouphug:
Deborah
Are We There Yet?

Names list updated (check). Anybody else notice what beautiful names all of our children have?? :love2:

Count me in as Italian too - family business growing up was an Italian food company with our last name on it. (Also have Irish, Swedish and French Canadian blood; DH is Italian and English/Scottish so we and our kids could be counted in many groups).

Jane, thanks for the little chuckle over the visual of you holding onto your glasses zooming down Summit Plummet! :scared1: We'll understand if the family from England is a bit frumpled, LOL!

For everyone who'll be leaving in the next few days: do have a safe trip and enjoy the first half of your vacations!! :wizard:

Hi everyone, I'm Michelle's sister in law, I am so jealous of you all what a great relationship you have developed. My dear paige is a very girly girl and the boy's are cute too, I'm sure my nephew Russell would not appreciate being call cute, but I'm their auntie and love them all. I am so happy they are going to take this trip it's been a tough year for them but what a bright tomorrow.

Love you Michelle and family, and yes my cruise is coming up too.

Michelle don't buy anything else, you'll go broke before the vacation, hee, hee

I'm italian too, wish I was with you ladies I would bring my dads homemade merlot, its absolutely incredible.
Marsha:wave:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts