• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Roll away beds & questions about BWV

DreamingofDisney

Earning My Ears
Last Feb. I reserved a BWV 1 bedroom using points. I have talked my California parents into joining us (it will be their 1st time at WDW). My question is what to do with my DS & DD, 3 & 6? I don't have luggage room to drag sleeping bags for the floor, etc. Can I get roll aways? If so, is there a cost? Also, my reservation is for 4. Do I need to contact Member Services and let them know that we are now a party of 6? I want to be sure we have enough plates, towels, etc. Will there be an additional charge for my parents coming along? We have only been in studios up to this point. Thanks for the help.

A one bedroom will only hold 4 people plus one under age 3. You will have to reserve a 2 BR to hold that many people. There are no rollaways available at any of the DVC resorts. :)

Like the first reply said, you'll either have to get a larger unit or book something else like a studio or some other WDW resort for your parents, DVC units have set occupancy rules, you can't just pack extra people into them and pay an extra charge for each person.

There are some great websites that help you find a deal for them like mousesavers.com

Stated occupancy limit of a 1BR is 4 plus a child under 3 in a crib. Some have reported being allowed to have 5 but 6 is questionable. They do not provide rollaway or other beds for extra persons. Some have reported bringing a blow up mattress or sleeping bag. Plates, glasses, silverware already in room are probably enough. You can request extra set of towels for fee when there. Member services is supposed to be informed of number in party and ages.

Even if they had rollaway beds, I doubt they would fit. We had four adult women in a one bedroom and barely found room for all our luggage. (Probably would have been better if we unpacked and put the luggage in the big closet - but we liked living out of our suitcases.)

Instead of a one bedroom you might be better off with two adjoining studios. This way your parents would have their own room.

C.:bounce:

Figment2 -- are you talking about BWV? Is it that much smaller than OKW? Space wouldn't be the problem there....just a lack of beds, bathroom and breaking the policy.

Yep - BWV. When you open the couch there's not a lot of room. The bathroom is huge though. According to friends who have stayed both places - BWV is definitely smaller.

C.

The BWV 1br is about 2/3 the size of the OKW 1br.

Regardless, 6 people are not permitted in a 1br at either location - a 2br unit is needed. I'd recommend calling member services to change the reservation to a 2br, and if points are a problem - switch to 2 studios. Like others have stated - no rollaways are available or permitted at the dvc resorts.

I'll be calling member services tomorrow to see if we can get a 2 bedroom, or trade for 2 studios, or keep the 1 bedroom and try for a studio. I'm just concerned that everything will be booked up for our Nov. 24th arrival. I'll keep my fingers crossed! Thanks again for the help!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter