ROFR Thread Oct to Dec 2020 *PLEASE SEE FIRST POST FOR INSTRUCTIONS & FORMATTING TOOL*

Status
Not open for further replies.
I saw that one too. I’d love a small points BWV contract, but for that much money, I‘d happily pay the extra and just buy direct, and get unrestricted points the same day.
is their a minimum to buy direct if you DON"T already have the 125 points purchased directly? Meaning, can you buy $25 points direct if you're not a "blue card" holder?

is their a minimum to buy direct if you DON"T already have the 125 points purchased directly? Meaning, can you buy $25 points direct if you're not a "blue card" holder?
Depends on the resort (assuming you mean 25 points not $25). For Riviera, for example, minimum for existing members is 50 pt.

As a member, you can buy as little as 25 points cash/50 if you finance with Disney, except for CCV and RIV.

Those require 50 points as a minimum. Seems to be inconsistent reporting on whether they will break those into smaller,

I was told no for RIV...smallest contract I could get was 50. Ended up just doing all 175 in one.

Depends on the resort (assuming you mean 25 points not $25). For Riviera, for example, minimum for existing members is 50 pt.
yeah 25 points, but do you need to be an existing member or can new members, for example, get 50 Riviera points without the Blue Card benefit?

Last edited:

I'm not interested in a big debate but almost none of these statements are accurate. It's public information, not sure where this came from, but one podcast, if that was it, is not the end all be all. You could pay Iger nothing (when he was CEO) and every CM would be making $3 more a year or something. I figured it out one day a couple years back when Abigail was on one of her crusades.

It isn't true that Iger compensation accounts for over 50% of all senior Disney executive compensation?

It isn't true Iger has contract that spells out his compensation?

It isn't true that Disney pay's an additional 30-40% above a cast members salary to employ them?

It isn't true that Chapek will most likely make $10 million in total compensation for his first year and that is 50% less or more than other CEO's make in similar media companies?

It isn's true that outside of Disney's most senior management, executives at lower levels make less than similar executives in similar positions at other companies?

I am not defending Testa, I think his opinion here is completely wrong. My point is that the only way they could generate any real savings to fund a small amout jobs for even a short amount of time would be for Iger to agree to reduce his compensation massively throughout the rest of his contract. So Testa's problems should really be with one person and not Disney executives as a whole even if he is wrong.

Last edited:
yeah 25 points, but do you need to be an exiting member or can new members, for example, get 50 Riviera points without the Blue Card benefit?
Not sure on that one...I know as a white card member we were told 50 min for RIV

yeah 25 points, but do you need to be an exiting member or can new members, for example, get 50 Riviera points without the Blue Card benefit?

I think the current minimum for a new owner is 100 points, but as you said, it will no longer get them a blue card,

Pirates1996---$135-$34655-250-CCV@WL-Dec-0/18, 0/19, 299/20, 250/21-Seller pays MF '20- sent 9/14, passed 10/28

I saw all of the ROFRs coming through the board this morning and kept checking my email... and finally, good news!

I felt pretty good about this passing because it's Copper Creek, but the wait was still so long! Now I'll settle in for the wait for our points so I can extend our upcoming vacation. Thanks for all the wisdom shared here that helped me work through the resale process, and good luck to those still waiting!

Did you listen to the podcast or do you just disagree in theory?
No, sorry, I didn’t listen to the podcast, and maybe it has absolutely unassailable logic, but I doubt it. Here’s the thing. The new guy in charge of the parks division, Josh D’Amaro, is about as upfront, straight forward, and compassionate an exec as you can find. Am sure corporate number crunchers are forcing some of these cutbacks through, but I don’t think the parks division is doing it gleefully. The lack of live entertainment, among other things, diminishes the visitor experience, and who wants to do that if you don’t have to? The only good news coming out of Disney right now is the success of Disney +.
You‘re right, some of these changes will no doubt be permanent. But not all of them.

Looks like a 25 point BWV just got an offer listed at $185/pt.....that does seem insane given the direct price is $200 so I have to believe the actual price at least starts with a 17
Sometimes I blame the listing agent for not giving their seller realistic expectations. There’s no way on God’s green earth that a BWV should ever go for over $150/point (even on small contracts).

Sometimes I blame the listing agent for not giving their seller realistic expectations. There’s no way on God’s green earth that a BWV should ever go for over $150/point (even on small contracts).
Uhhh... but it just did, right? Sounds like agent did exactly what they're supposed to. Something is only worth what someone is willing to pay, and apparently someone was willing to play close to asking.

I’m so excited! We finally heard back. I can’t wait to tell my kids. I begged my husband to go to Disney five years ago and he agreed begrudgingly (he had never been). He loved it and agreed to go every other year. Fast forward and he has agreed to twice per year. We have two girls, ages seven and nine. I am so happy to be able to share many more trips in the future with them! This year has been tough on everybody I know. I’m in healthcare and my husband is a police officer. This has been an incredibly tense and tiring year, so this is some welcome news.

Kmedders---$115-$19600-160-AKV-Sep-0/19, 160/20, 160/21, 160/22- sent 9/14, passed 10/28
Congrats and thank you for your service.

Pirates1996---$135-$34655-250-CCV@WL-Dec-0/18, 0/19, 299/20, 250/21-Seller pays MF '20- sent 9/14, passed 10/28

I saw all of the ROFRs coming through the board this morning and kept checking my email... and finally, good news!

I felt pretty good about this passing because it's Copper Creek, but the wait was still so long! Now I'll settle in for the wait for our points so I can extend our upcoming vacation. Thanks for all the wisdom shared here that helped me work through the resale process, and good luck to those still waiting!
Congrats and thanks for sharing! We are 9/24 for CCV also but nervous that we are on the lower end of $/pt. You are giving me some hope.

Congrats and thanks for sharing! We are 9/24 for CCV also but nervous that we are on the lower end of $/pt. You are giving me some hope.
As CCV is still in active sales, it's unlikely disney will exercise ROFR on it, so you should be good! Fingers crossed for you!

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!