ROFR Thread July to Sept 2022 *PLEASE SEE FIRST POST FOR INSTRUCTIONS & FORMATTING TOOL*

Status
Not open for further replies.
Question for any real estate minded folks on the board. I just passed rofr and wired my payment to the title/escrow company. The problem is I stupidly paid the total amount OWED without seeing that I already had $2000 in earnest money paid. So I overpaid the amount for closing by $2000. Will this be a problem? I‘m assuming I’ll just get refunded the $2000 overage after it closes. I tried calling/emailing the co today but with the hurricane I assume I may not get an answer as quickly as my brain needs! Thanks for any input!

Question for any real estate minded folks on the board. I just passed rofr and wired my payment to the title/escrow company. The problem is I stupidly paid the total amount OWED without seeing that I already had $2000 in earnest money paid. So I overpaid the amount for closing by $2000. Will this be a problem? I‘m assuming I’ll just get refunded the $2000 overage after it closes. I tried calling/emailing the co today but with the hurricane I assume I may not get an answer as quickly as my brain needs! Thanks for any input!
I did the same on a recent contract. I just emailed the title agent explaining the problem. Once they reconciled every thing at closing, they mailed a check with the excess funds via fedex. Hopefully, your title company follows the same process.

I did the same on a recent contract. I just emailed the title agent explaining the problem. Once they reconciled every thing at closing, they mailed a check with the excess funds via fedex. Hopefully, your title company follows the same process.
Thank you so much for your reply. I figured that would be the case. I was so excited to pass I just overlooked it! Glad to see I'm not the only one. I used a title co this board recommends so I'm sure it will work out.

Eahajd---$135-$7553-50-SSR-Jun-0/21, 0/22, 25/23, 50/24- sent 9/6, passed 9/19

Sorry! This should be the correct format.

Turns out we have a delayed closing (5/16/23). There goes my idea of using my points for Aulani at the end of June. Has anyone had luck getting 2 nights at Aulani about a month before? 2 rooms for 2 nights?

Turns out we have a delayed closing (5/16/23). There goes my idea of using my points for Aulani at the end of June. Has anyone had luck getting 2 nights at Aulani about a month before? 2 rooms for 2 nights?
You may not even have your points until mid-June

Sent you a PM.

We sent our first DVC contract over to Disney yesterday and I already feel like I have waited month for Disney to respond and it has only been A DAY!! How do you all live with this kind of stress and anticipation?? 😂😂😭😫
Keep buying contracts until you run out of cash. Then you have no choice but to get patient while you wait for your spouse to forgive you and your checking account to recover.

We sent our first DVC contract over to Disney yesterday and I already feel like I have waited month for Disney to respond and it has only been A DAY!! How do you all live with this kind of stress and anticipation?? 😂😂😭😫
Buy direct and points hit your account in 2 hours. Like you can book a room for tomorrow if available.

Keep buying contracts until you run out of cash. Then you have no choice but to get patient while you wait for your spouse to forgive you and your checking account to recover.
Haha I am already asking forgiveness on my first contract. If it wasn’t for EPCOTs food and wine festival I would never get the husbands approval.

Does this have any chance? This is my first time trying to buy any DVC

Grifters40---$112-160-BWV-June-150/22, 150/23- Seller pays 22 maint- sent 9/26
Gosh I sure hope so! I think mine was the lowest we had seen in quite a while and seemed to land at the end of the BWV bloodbath that had been happening. I was $125 for 240pts. If you score this I'm going to have a very hard time not seeking out another 100 points there! Good luck!!!

Gosh I sure hope so! I think mine was the lowest we had seen in quite a while and seemed to land at the end of the BWV bloodbath that had been happening. I was $125 for 240pts. If you score this I'm going to have a very hard time not seeking out another 100 points there! Good luck!!!
When did you make that purchase?

Thank you.....what do you think is a number that will pass ROFR? It seems that they are not taking BWV that often.
Look at pg 1 of this thread for this quarter's pass/waiting/taken figures. There are links to past quarters on pg 1 as well. If yours doesn't pass, use those amounts to help you negotiate a price that will probably pass. Fingers crossed for you!

Last night my husband said “if you’re just going to keep obsessing til we do it, why don’t you just buy one?”

I really hope he meant it. String to come once we’ve signed

Edit: "Seriously?" then "That doesn't sound like that much. What can we get with that?"
So I guess its going well. Waiting on the contract.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter