ROFR Thread July to Sept 2022 *PLEASE SEE FIRST POST FOR INSTRUCTIONS & FORMATTING TOOL*

Status
Not open for further replies.
I just had it done this week for an October stay so they definitely will still merge into one reservation on the same membership.
How long ago was it that you had it merged? weird part is that I asked 2-3 months ago and was told no from two independent CMs

How long ago was it that you had it merged? weird part is that I asked 2-3 months ago and was told no from two independent CMs

I requested it beginning of August for two different room types in October and the first one was completed Monday…I just confirmed the second one is still in process and should be done early next week.

They simply submit a form for it to be done. I always ask via chat. They merged Oct 7 and 8th in a 1 bedroom at SSR together and will be merging Oct 9th with Oct 10 to 12th for a RIV PV studio.

So, while the CMs by phone wont do it any longer, putting in the request is still done. I have had it done about 6 times so far this year alone.

Just to confirm, these are all in the same membership.

I requested it beginning of August for two different room types in October and the first one was completed Monday…I just confirmed the second one is still in process and should be done early next week.

They simply submit a form for it to be done. I always ask via chat. They merged Oct 7 and 8th in a 1 bedroom at SSR together and will be merging Oct 9th with Oct 10 to 12th for a RIV PV studio.

So, while the CMs by phone wont do it any longer, putting in the request is still done. I have had it done about 6 times so far this year alone.

Just to confirm, these are all in the same membership.
My request wasn't done through phone but on the chat. This goes to show that not all cm´s get the same training or simply won't put in the extra effort to fill out a form

My request wasn't done through phone but on the chat. This goes to show that not all cm´s get the same training or simply won't put in the extra effort to fill out a form

Wow. Never once have had a CM not say they’d put in the request and always completed in 7 to 10 days. I am sorry you got a dud.

That's a bummer! I just had 4 reservations merged into 2 this week. I did mine via chat, too. just gave them the numbers I wanted merged and it was about 2 days later I got the emails. They did tell me it could take 7-10 days for them to be merged.

That's a bummer! I just had 4 reservations merged into 2 this week. I did mine via chat, too. just gave them the numbers I wanted merged and it was about 2 days later I got the emails. They did tell me it could take 7-10 days for them to be merged.
Yeah a real bummer, I could understand if it was just one CM but this was two on two different days. I might try again and if I get the same answer I order a transcript of the chat and call a super.

Resale restrictions playing a part or just the current economic climate?
The restrictions haven't changed. The economic climate has. That doesn't mean the restrictions don't matter. They do, because they definitely shrink the market for RIV points.

I also wouldn't read too much into a handful of data points, or try to ascribe market moves to anything in particular. The DVC market is more transparent than most, but it is still very "lumpy".

We found out we passed ROFR last 8/5 and were told by our broker and title company that we closed today and now it's up to Disney to transfer it to us. Is it really 6 to 7 weeks?

We got membership information from Disney within 3 weeks of closing. Points were loaded two days later, but that was because we made a call to member services regarding a booking we wanted to make.

I think these prices reflect more realistic value considering you can only use the contract at Riviera. If that’s not an issue, it could be a good value. I just think even Aulani is a better value than Riviera since you can use the points at 13 other resorts until 2062.
Assume you meant 2042 since BC, BWV, BRV, HHI and VB all expire in 2042? Aulani would be available until 2062.

The resale prices of RIV really seem to be coming down. I saw another sold for $118 per point.

Resale restrictions playing a part or just the current economic climate?
I think current incentives play a factor as well. I see many RIV contracts listed at $150+. Sellers have unrealistic expectations especially when competing against DVC who’s points come unrestricted.

When VGF incentives first came out in March we saw resales going for $150-155. As soon as those incentives ended we saw the upward trend towards $165-$170 again.

Assume you meant 2042 since BC, BWV, BRV, HHI and VB all expire in 2042? Aulani would be available until 2062.
For those resorts, yes, 2042 would be the end of the line. But Aulani points would still be good at AKL, CCV, SSR, OKW, BLT, Poly, VGF, and VGC. Riviera has nothing. IMO, any 2042 resale contract would be more valuable than a Riviera resale contract because of this reason.

For those resorts, yes, 2042 would be the end of the line. But Aulani points would still be good at AKL, CCV, SSR, OKW, BLT, Poly, VGF, and VGC. Riviera has nothing. IMO, any 2042 resale contract would be more valuable than a Riviera resale contract because of this reason.

Unless people want to simply have access to RIV. I bought them to add to what I have that can be used elsewhere but if I was stuck at RIV only, I’d be happy.

So, ii think they end up being a good choice as an addition to what others own.

It’s not that if one buys resale af RIV they are can’t buy other points for the rest of the resorts.

Yeah a real bummer, I could understand if it was just one CM but this was two on two different days. I might try again and if I get the same answer I order a transcript of the chat and call a super.

Just to add that my second October stay was just combined together. So twice this week it happened.

Unless people want to simply have access to RIV. I bought them to add to what I have that can be used elsewhere but if I was stuck at RIV only, I’d be happy.

So, ii think they end up being a good choice as an addition to what others own.

It’s not that if one buys resale af RIV they are can’t buy other points for the rest of the resorts.
It’d be interesting to see how many RIV resale owners own at other resorts. I know there’s not that many RIV resale owners to begin with, but I’d guess that 100% own other points that can be used elsewhere. For all of us in that boat, the resale restrictions don’t really matter and they’re effectively like Grand Cal or BCV, which to me have de facto resale restrictions because for the premium you pay for those resorts, it’d be silly to use them elsewhere.

It’d be interesting to see how many RIV resale owners own at other resorts. I know there’s not that many RIV resale owners to begin with, but I’d guess that 100% own other points that can be used elsewhere. For all of us in that boat, the resale restrictions don’t really matter and they’re effectively like Grand Cal or BCV, which to me have de facto resale restrictions because for the premium you pay for those resorts, it’d be silly to use them elsewhere.
I’m sure it’s not 100% but it’s probably a high percentage.
I looked into Riviera resale points because we love Riviera but at the time, direct points were running such a great promotion that it made more sense to just buy direct. We had bid on a large resale contract but the seller had a big loan to pay off and wasn’t willing to negotiate enough. So we bought it direct instead.

We don't yet know what removing the 2042 resorts will do to demand and availability. SSR and Aulani points may have increased difficulty trading out at WDW. Riviera resale guarantees a WDW booking whereas Aulani does not. This may become increasingly problematic to use AUL at 7 months at WDW. But then, I'm a buy where you wanna stay guy.

I merged 3 single-day reservations into one last week. Same contract, same room class, same resort. It took 10 min over the phone. Just another data point.

As far as RR resale...
With Disney's leadership and inflation - hotel prices are just going to keep going up. So I could just rent the RR points instead of selling and come out ahead anyway. I just think of the BWV owners who bought in at $89, who are now tired of Disney and are renting those points 15 years later at $21 a point.

We don't yet know what removing the 2042 resorts will do to demand and availability. SSR and Aulani points may have increased difficulty trading out at WDW. Riviera resale guarantees a WDW booking whereas Aulani does not. This may become increasingly problematic to use AUL at 7 months at WDW. But then, I'm a buy where you wanna stay guy.
This is an interesting point that made me realize something. In 2042 *direct* points at the non expired 2042 resorts have the potential to really go up in utility... theoretically they should be usable at whatever they do with the 2042s.... Although, by then point chart inflation will probably crush our 'old' contracts ... Lol I guess they could go 1000x and reset the tables to really screw us.... Nevermind.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter