ROFR Thread July to Sept 2022 *PLEASE SEE FIRST POST FOR INSTRUCTIONS & FORMATTING TOOL*

Status
Not open for further replies.
This is an interesting point that made me realize something. In 2042 *direct* points at the non expired 2042 resorts have the potential to really go up in utility... theoretically they should be usable at whatever they do with the 2042s.... Although, by then point chart inflation will probably crush our 'old' contracts ... Lol I guess they could go 1000x and reset the tables to really screw us.... Nevermind.
This is Disney’s long game. And yes. The newer points chart will be brutal and will make the old BWV and BCV charts look like pennies

That's a bummer! I just had 4 reservations merged into 2 this week. I did mine via chat, too. just gave them the numbers I wanted merged and it was about 2 days later I got the emails. They did tell me it could take 7-10 days for them to be merged.
I had one in May take 2 1/2 weeks. When I called or chatted they said it would be completed soon.

Unless people want to simply have access to RIV. I bought them to add to what I have that can be used elsewhere but if I was stuck at RIV only, I’d be happy.

So, ii think they end up being a good choice as an addition to what others own.

It’s not that if one buys resale af RIV they are can’t buy other points for the rest of the resorts.
Where it could be a problem is if you have points to use and there is no availability. My last WDW trip I had to do a split stay at 3 resorts to get the time I wanted. Same with our next trip planned. I couldn't get a studio at my home resort at 11 months for the whole time. If you only have one resort option and there's no availability you are kind of stuck.

This is an interesting point that made me realize something. In 2042 *direct* points at the non expired 2042 resorts have the potential to really go up in utility... theoretically they should be usable at whatever they do with the 2042s.... Although, by then point chart inflation will probably crush our 'old' contracts ... Lol I guess they could go 1000x and reset the tables to really screw us.... Nevermind.
The long term value of direct points are one of the reasons people, myself included, buy them.

Perusing the latest auction from one of the voldemort brokers (must not be named). Only one of their listings has a reserve price that's met (an AKL at $145/point--which doesn't include the $250 they charge the winning bidder). Was looking at the history of the bids and the person outbid themselves from $140 to $145/pt lol. Those gotta be some drunk bids or something because they were done within 2 minutes of each other at 2am!

Perusing the latest auction from one of the voldemort brokers (must not be named). Only one of their listings has a reserve price that's met (an AKL at $145/point--which doesn't include the $250 they charge the winning bidder). Was looking at the history of the bids and the person outbid themselves from $140 to $145/pt lol. Those gotta be some drunk bids or something because they were done within 2 minutes of each other at 2am!
Oh boy.
Those auctions are a hard sell, especially because in order to hit the reserve you’re usually not getting a “deal.”

mtgtm4---$173-$13975-75-CCV@WL-Jun-0/21, 116/22, 75/23, 75/24- sent 7/19, taken 8/19

Was pretty surprised by this one....
What?! I’m so sorry. This adds more support for the theory that unit number could be part of the ROFR analysis

What?! I’m so sorry. This adds more support for the theory that unit number could be part of the ROFR analysis
I honestly think it reflects demand for direct. If people are wanting direct points at a sold out resort, Disney will exercise ROFR to get the points they need to sell.

mtgtm4---$173-$13975-75-CCV@WL-Jun-0/21, 116/22, 75/23, 75/24- sent 7/19, taken 8/19

Was pretty surprised by this one....

This has me pretty nervous about my current offer at CCV of $168/point (100 points). I was optimistic. However, now… maybe not so much. 😒

I honestly think it reflects demand for direct. If people are wanting direct points at a sold out resort, Disney will exercise ROFR to get the points they need to sell.
I doubt it is just demand as they passed on my CCV at $156 last week?

I keep reading about the unit number theory. I’m not sure I understand it. What advantage would Disney get by purchasing certain unit numbers?

I keep reading about the unit number theory. I’m not sure I understand it. What advantage would Disney get by purchasing certain unit numbers?

In order to sell someone a contract, all points need to be deeded to the same unit. They can’t sell someone points deeded to different ones.

So, say they have 75 points in Unit 3A and 75 in Unit 3B but someone wants to buy 100 points. They can’t sell them 100 since it’s not the same unit.

If they see points from Unit 3A or 3B via ROFR, they can take them and now sell that person 100 direct points.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter