ROFR Thread July to Sept 2022 *PLEASE SEE FIRST POST FOR INSTRUCTIONS & FORMATTING TOOL*

Status
Not open for further replies.
Spinster Travel---$137-$5560-35-SSR-Sep-0/21, 70/22, 35/23, 35/24- sent 8/1, passed 8/18

Well I'll be.....I saw that @purplenancy27 passed, so I checked my email on a whim and there it was from my broker that I had passed. I feel like I won the nerd lottery with a loaded contract that got passed by the ROFR lady. All this excitement from a girl who swore she would never, like ever, buy SSR. Cheers!
8/1 submission for SSR and all quiet here. I agree with the other statements out there right now that if you pass, you are hearing back quicker than usual this week, but if it's on the might be taken pile, it's still the normal timeline we've been experiencing lately. Appreciate the data point!

The AKV ROFR reports are the most bizarre of any resort, it seems... one min they're passing on a $120 pt contract and the next they're taking a $130 one... goes to show there's more to the strategy than just price, I suppose.....
Last month she took one at $140. She also took my $135. I ended up passing with $136 international seller this last Sunday.

I’ve seen a few low PP Riviera’s pop up on here lately. Where is everyone finding these? Is it a result of stalking or were you able to talk a seller down?

I know that you can’t reserve a room using your 11 month booking window and then sub out the points at 7 months with points from a non-home resort, that can only be done with reservations from 0-7 months, but can you book a few days at 11 months using all of the points with home resort priority and then add more days to the same reservation at 7 months with points not from that home resort? So it would still pull all of the home resort points first and then use the second resort’s points as backup for those extra days or would you have to make a separate reservation on the back end… if that question makes sense?

I know that you can’t reserve a room using your 11 month booking window and then sub out the points at 7 months with points from a non-home resort, that can only be done with reservations from 0-7 months, but can you book a few days at 11 months using all of the points with home resort priority and then add more days to the same reservation at 7 months with points not from that home resort? So it would still pull all of the home resort points first and then use the second resort’s points as backup for those extra days or would have to make a separate reservation on the back end… if that question makes sense?

Yes, you can add days at 7 months using non home resort points!

Edited below based on input here that resale contracts can’t be combined into one contract.

I'm so excited I got a unicorn!! This is two 80 pt subsidized Aulani contracts from a single seller. We get some savings since we only have to pay closing fees on one transaction.

The_MT---$129.5-$22053-160-AUL-Feb-0/21, 37/22, 160/23, 160/24-Subsidized Dues- sent 8/18

Last edited:

I’ve seen a few low PP Riviera’s pop up on here lately. Where is everyone finding these? Is it a result of stalking or were you able to talk a seller down?
Stalking mainly. Tried talking down many of the contracts listed in the 150s and none would budge, sometimes because they’re still making payments and can’t afford to go lower without bringing money to the table at closing. If they didn’t want to entertain offers, I’d move to the next one. The one I got was originally listed at $140/pt and they accepted my first offer of $125.

And....you are correct. I won't be looking there anymore then. Heck it was priced to where it probably would be taken anyway so I thought what the heck, I'll try lower cause you never know.
I wouldn’t give up on that broker so quickly. I have had some great deals through them, which Disney also thought so too since they bought them back in ROFR. I too was weary of creating an account to bid but by creating the account they have all the information they need to create the contract if a deal is accepted by the buyer. Their process is completely automated once an offer is accepted and I went from having an accepted offer to the contract signed by both parties, deposit placed and sent to ROFR in less than an hour. I wouldn’t hesitate to use them again and loved how easy they made the process. I only wish they would let to negotiate MFs in the offer, so I just adjusted the price per point offer.

I wouldn’t give up on that broker so quickly. I have had some great deals through them, which Disney also thought so too since they bought them back in ROFR. I too was weary of creating an account to bid but by creating the account they have all the information they need to create the contract if a deal is accepted by the buyer. Their process is completely automated once an offer is accepted and I went from having an accepted offer to the contract signed by both parties, deposit placed and sent to ROFR in less than an hour. I wouldn’t hesitate to use them again and loved how easy they made the process. I only wish they would let to negotiate MFs in the offer, so I just adjusted the price per point offer.
We had a good experience with them as well. I like that it’s automated. It makes things easy.

We had a good experience with them as well. I like that it’s automated. It makes things easy.
Ditto. We bought AKV through them during the bloodbath a few months ago. The process was smooth, they were responsive to questions and kept us well-informed.

Seems like every broker has their own style/quirks. YMMV in any given deal?

I'm so excited I got a unicorn!! This is two 80 pt subsidized Aulani contracts from a single seller. We are getting them combined into one contract and only have to pay closing fees on one transaction.

The_MT---$129.5-$22053-160-AUL-Feb-0/21, 37/22, 160/23, 160/24-Subsidized Dues- sent 8/18
Congrats on the contracts

However you can't combine the contracts unless buying directly from Disney they can sell you one large or multiple small contracts.

Multiple smaller contracts would need to be recorded separately.

IMO you are much better off with two smaller contracts compared to one large. if you need to downsize or need money selling one is much better compared to both.

Passed! Lightning fast. Our first contract (well, actually our second, but the first is still pending ROFR even though sent in 9 days before this one - ROFR girl is drunk).

quakerlaw---$120-$14400-120-BRV@WL-Feb-0/21, 6/22, 120/23, 120/24-seller pays CC- sent 8/1, passed 8/18
wow that was super fast.

congrats on passing ROFR.

Yup- that’s the one I was referring to. I wasn’t sure we could type their address, but I guess they’re allowed!
I’m still not doing business with them.
I just went into contract on my Aulani subsidized from www.dvcsales.com today and they were amazing! I offered at 8pm last night, seller countered at 3am, I got agreement to combine the 2 contracts into one closing and seller to bank the 2022 points, we all e-signed, and contract was sent to Disney for ROFR at 10am. Best purchasing experience I’ve had by far!

Congrats on the contracts

However you can't combine the contracts unless buying directly from Disney they can sell you one large or multiple small contracts.

Multiple smaller contracts would need to be recorded separately.

IMO you are much better off with two smaller contracts compared to one large. if you need to downsize or need money selling one is much better compared to both.
Even better! All I know is that the closing company said they can close as one transaction and only added $100 for the extra contract search fee

Even better! All I know is that the closing company said they can close as one transaction and only added $100 for the extra contract search fee

That is great they are simply charging you one fee for both contracts.

But, you will end up with the two contracts you bought.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter