ROFR Thread July to Sept 2022 *PLEASE SEE FIRST POST FOR INSTRUCTIONS & FORMATTING TOOL*

Status
Not open for further replies.
I’ve read on these boards recently (the Fidelity issues thread in particular) and perhaps this thread even that estoppel doesn’t verify points, only owner and financials/account standing.

When estoppel is issued, it does not send info regarding points…it only addresses financial issues such as dues and loans.

So, that would not have played into the mistake.
Gotcha.

Think I read years ago that the estoppel verified the amount of points and how many of those that was available.

I’ve read on these boards recently (the Fidelity issues thread in particular) and perhaps this thread even that estoppel doesn’t verify points, only owner and financials/account standing.

When estoppel is issued, it does not send info regarding points…it only addresses financial issues such as dues and loans.

So, that would not have played into the mistake.

According to this https://www.disboards.com/threads/what-is-estoppel.3817207/

The estoppel contains info about points but not about how many are left.

Has anyone recently passed ROFR on a CCV contract after the 30 day point? As I looked through other posts I noticed that all but one CCV contract that took over 30 days was taken. We are on day 33 for a 100 point contract ($160). This is our first attempt and I am losing hope that we will pass.

Alright guys, what's my recourse here? I finally got my points deposited and there are less than there was supposed to be.
Update: I had a total of 70 missing points that should have come to me. They were banked December 2020 points set to expire at the end of November 2022. We settled on $1,000 compensation, or $14.29 per point. Given Autumn availability constraints, I'm pleased with this resolution.

It sounds like the seller had a waitlist that she "forgot about" and then the waitlist came through while we were in the process of closing. (Somehow this waitlist coming through apparently didn't trigger an email? I think she's full of crap.)

I made an initial offer on a cash settlement, I'm waiting for her response now.
This exact same thing happened to me. Seller had a wait list come through and the wait list pulled from the contract I was buying. The seller switched the points to one of their other contracts and my points were loaded.

Update: I had a total of 70 missing points that should have come to me. They were banked December 2020 points set to expire at the end of November 2022. We settled on $1,000 compensation, or $14.29 per point. Given Autumn availability constraints, I'm pleased with this resolution.
Good resolution, especially since you would have had a hard time using those points before they expired! It’s like saving $1000.

Since when did you become a softie? All joking aside that's a fair resolution given they expire soon.

Has anyone recently passed ROFR on a CCV contract after the 30 day point? As I looked through other posts I noticed that all but one CCV contract that took over 30 days was taken. We are on day 33 for a 100 point contract ($160). This is our first attempt and I am losing hope that we will pass.
It definitely seems like if you're being passed it comes through faster. If you hit 31 days chances are your contract is being taken.

How hard am I going to kick myself for getting a second use year?

Our contracts are all June, but found a Dec small add on AUL with some banked points for a good price

Our contracts are all June, but found a Dec small add on AUL with some banked points for a good price

I love having two UYs. I know some find it to be a pain, but we love it. It allows you to book trips at certain times without having to worry about points not being bankable if you need to cancel. Having a June and December UY will overlap nicely for you.

I love having two UYs. I know some find it to be a pain, but we love it. It allows you to book trips at certain times without having to worry about points not being bankable if you need to cancel. Having a June and December UY will overlap nicely for you.
You’d also have to be ok with the additional complexity of managing the two UYs, as well as the difficulty of using the points together for bookings. Some people only use different UY contracts separately, which is considerably easier, but that doesn’t sound like your intention here. I know some people love them, but for me the negatives outweigh the positives. If it were me, I’d just wait for a similar contract to pop up with you’re existing UY. One inevitably will. What if one showed up right after you closed on this one?

June and Dec are great so you can vacation year round! And it will allow you to get two transfers per year and two sets of one-time use points from DVC if you need more points

June and Dec are great so you can vacation year round! And it will allow you to get two transfers per year and two sets of one-time use points from DVC if you need more points
But the different UY contract is described as “a small add on,” so it’s primary use will be in combination with a separate UY contract, no? Not sure that’s a good strategy.

But the different UY contract is described as “a small add on,” so it’s primary use will be in combination with a separate UY contract, no? Not sure that’s a good strategy.
That's what I was thinking. To me, two UYs can make sense if each one has enough points to operate independent of the other. But if they will need to be combined for bigger rooms or more nights then I don't think it would be ideal.

I agree that small contracts don’t play as mid being a different UY if the intent is to use with other points.

I have 3 UYs but they are all good size which means I do t have to transfer at all. I borrow if need me but use them for different trips..or nights of trips so it works

You’d also have to be ok with the additional complexity of managing the two UYs, as well as the difficulty of using the points together for bookings. Some people only use different UY contracts separately, which is considerably easier, but that doesn’t sound like your intention here. I know some people love them, but for me the negatives outweigh the positives. If it were me, I’d just wait for a similar contract to pop up with you’re existing UY. One inevitably will. What if one showed up right after you closed on this one?
Small June UY contracts seem few and far between at AUL, which is why I caved and made the offer on this DEC in the first place. We haven't signed the contract yet so we cancel it. We negotiated a decent price for a small contract- $110/pt, which is why it's giving me pause.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter