ROFR Thread July to Sept 2021 *PLEASE SEE FIRST POST FOR INSTRUCTIONS & FORMATTING TOOL*

Status
Not open for further replies.
I’m not familiar with this. Does international seller get an exception? If that gets me a better deal I wouldn’t mind. This has me thinking if I overpaid for my at $125 fully loaded.
Seems like $125 is right on the rofr line with SSR and Disney, I would say you didn’t overpaid because most likely anything less, Disney would have bought back,

Last edited:
sorry to hear yours got snagged :(

Being a 7/1 contract, I was shocked to see a 6/30 done when I think we're more at about 6/22 or 6/23 on the others and it got me thinking , whether they're faster on ones where they exercise their ability to buy back (again, I'm new here, so maybe this is already well established).

My contract is a BLT contract, so I went back and looked at the April-June ROFR thread and averaged out how long it took on the BLT contracts that were reported back.

Unless I messed up on the math, there were 28 contracts listed for BLT that passed. The fastest made it through in 17 days, slowest in 32 days, and the average was 22.4 days.
There were 11 that were bought back. The fastest there was 16, slowest was 22, and the average was 19.1 days.

Working with a total of 39 contracts, that obviously could still be a situation where the small sample size skews things (after all, for the ones that passed, there was one period where they were pumping pretty much everything through in under 21 days, which followed a period where it was more likely to take 28).

That said, it does seem like they're a bit faster on the ones where they buy back, at least from the small sample size I worked with.
I am currently at 24 days on my offer so I am hoping that by your calculations, that’s good news for me.

Last edited:

Yes - we were notified we passed ROFR on 7/12/21 and then notified that estoppel was completed on 7/13. We have signed and returned our closing docs and are waiting for the seller to return their docs and then we will wire the funds.

I asked my friend (the seller) to check again and, sure enough, she missed it. It was in her email dated July 13th. So we just lost 10 days for no reason. Ugh!

I am currently at 24 days on my offer so I am hoping that by your calculations, that’s good news for me.

Hopefully, but since I assume that means you're either a 6/29 or 6/30, with the shutdown, I wouldn't say you're out of the woods yet. (Sorry to be a downer)

Based on looking at the times that obviously the pace goes up and down on ones that pass ROFR. There was one chunk of passing contracts that, sequentially, were 31, 27, 24, 32, and 28 days, and then virtually right after that, they moved a bunch through fast at 19, 19, 17, 19, 19, and 17 days.

That said, during that faster time, the ones that failed, I think, were taken at 16 days.

So with the shutdown, I don't know that we can draw real conclusions about being over 22 days being good, but I do think you want to see the dates catch up to YOUR date before you hear anything. Like I said in other posts, my contract was submitted on 7/1, so knowing that one was taken yesterday and was a 6/30, and everything else we've seen just PRIOR to the shutdown were more like 6/22, if I got a call from my broker right now, I'd probably have a sinking feeling while I was answering the phone.

But does that mean buyers usually offer way below asking?

No. I don’t think so because unless you are active on boards like this..which is a very small percentage of resale buyers…most have no idea an international sellers contract is more apt to pass.

Dang it’s been pretty slim pickings… seems like only one ROFR has been posted since they reopened… and it was taken :/

I emailed my broker on my 6/21 SSR and he said Disney has not made a decision...good or bad? I'm already looking for a replacement but I think I ran the "bargain" contracts to the end, though that is what I said with about the last 7 contracts LOL!

Last edited:
We are waiting on our SSR contract, submitted June 24th (I hope, we had to re-sign our contract the 27th, but the broker said we entered the queue on the 24th anyhow). :worship:While I am pretty confident they will pass it, I really don’t care if they take it. I just want to know. We are heading to WDW next weekend, and hope to hear before we leave because if they take it we’re adding on direct. Had I been more educated, I wouldn’t have made the offer. We only learned about add on incentives through this forum just before we got the points loaded on our recent VB purchase a couple weeks ago. Almost exercised our ten day right to back out, but if we can land this it is certainly financially advantageous. Just needed to vent…..sigh.

Last edited:
I emailed my broker on my 6/21 SSR and he said Disney has not made a decision...good or bad? I'm already looking for a replacement but I think I ran the "bargain" contracts to the end, though that is what I said with about the last 7 contracts LOL!
This makes me nervous……you’ve been in queue longer than we have. I suspect our SSR is not as enticing to them as yours, but this waiting is so hard. Patience is not my jam, I guess. Good luck to you!

There is no saying what they take. I'm hoping that my 50 points isn't big enough to bother with, though I did negotiate the seller paying MF's so that is a negative for me (in my mind). We really aren't sure what a good strategy to moving forward is other than sit tight with our 7 contracts (possibly 9 if both pass).

DVC is and always has been very fluid to us as we rarely have been stagnant. We sometimes take a good profit and move forward, always moving up with the value we hold. I don't see any contracts that can move us forward since the last we sent to ROFR 6/28, which doesn't mean one won't pop up. It will be more work to find and negotiate and there is a line I won't cross if the contract isn't worth % more than what I'm paying. We'll see.

Good luck to you and all waiting for ROFR! :tink:Pixie Dust to all!

2042 OKW for $155 is just beyond me. Closing cost for direct purchase is lower than resale for 15 extra years of unrestricted points.pretty soon they will say 150 points is a small contact! SMH
Yes I agree, but if you are not an owner and just want a small contract with no blue card. This is way cheaper, because direct you have to buy 150 points if not a member.

For what it's worth...updated...with all THREE entries for this week! I realize I'll be toast next week when the flood comes in, but for now, that was by far the fewest number of strings I've ever added, including height of 2020 pandemic months!

Also, they have taken International sellers, it's just not as common.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter