ROFR Thread July to Sept 2021 *PLEASE SEE FIRST POST FOR INSTRUCTIONS & FORMATTING TOOL*

Status
Not open for further replies.
ROFR Day 41: Another day passes with no word at all. They’re still keeping my money so that’s hopeful. A lot of contracts got decisions today. A few sad ones, mostly happy ones. Mine is still out there, waiting to be revealed. Traveling through the misty moors of the Disney ROFR process. It’s like chasing the Will O’ the Whisp, a little frightening but it feels like a game? What it leads to, I do not know. Joy or disappointment? Years of happy travels or another offer on a resale? My future has yet to be revealed. I think my Tarot cards are being dealt and read by Mad Madame Mim 😳

ROFR Day 41: Another day passes with no word at all. They’re still keeping my money so that’s hopeful. A lot of contracts got decisions today. A few sad ones, mostly happy ones. Mine is still out there, waiting to be revealed. Traveling through the misty moors of the Disney ROFR process. It’s like chasing the Will O’ the Whisp, a little frightening but it feels like a game? What it leads to, I do not know. Joy or disappointment? Years of happy travels or another offer on a resale? My future has yet to be revealed. I think my Tarot cards are being dealt and read by Mad Madame Mim 😳
Jen0718 - Your posts are classic!!! Part of me is rooting for you to pass ROFR ASAP!!! And then, part of me is hoping for a few more of these hilarious posts!! But mostly, we all want you to pass!!! :earsboy:

Jen0718 - Your posts are classic!!! Part of me is rooting for you to pass ROFR ASAP!!! And then, part of me is hoping for a few more of these hilarious posts!! But mostly, we all want you to pass!!! :earsboy:
I think we have to make a rule that if you go past 35 days, you must start to journal your misery for others to see. That way they have fair warning 😉

I think we have to make a rule that if you go past 35 days, you must start to journal your misery for others to see. That way they have fair warning 😉
Fair warning,,, waiting ROFR since 6/30 as well.
For fear of jinxing the outcome, I've taken the stance of whistleing past the graveyard as I wait word.
Best of luck to us all.

Fair warning,,, waiting ROFR since 6/30 as well.
For fear of jinxing the outcome, I've taken the stance of whistleing past the graveyard as I wait word.
Best of luck to us all.
Ahh, my silent partner. I will keep the journal for us both. This has been a very long haul. I will be hoping we both hear something soon.

It’s officially official...

masupo---$110-$5122-39-OKW-Oct-0/20, 39/21, 39/22- sent 7/9, taken 7/30

🙁

So in an interesting turn of events, Disney is reversing their decision to take my contract!

The broker contacted me today and at first I thought I was being Punked, even though no one does that any more.

Her email said "Disney just contacted me to see if you still wanted this contract. The seller has another contract that they waived so, they will be willing to waive this one also, if you are still interested."

Yes, yes I am interested!

So in an interesting turn of events, Disney is reversing their decision to take my contract!

The broker contacted me today and at first I thought I was being Punked, even though no one does that any more.

Her email said "Disney just contacted me to see if you still wanted this contract. The seller has another contract that they waived so, they will be willing to waive this one also, if you are still interested."

Wow! Has this ever been reported before?

Wow! Just wow and really happy for you! That’s a crazy good outcome.

You got 2nd ROFR. Good for you!

Congrats!! You battled the ROFR beast and lived to tell!

Wow! Has this ever been reported before?

I'm curious as well!

Wow! Just wow and really happy for you! That’s a crazy good outcome.

Thanks! As a fellow Jen, I've been following along with your diary of misery. Will tomorrow be the day? Fingers crossed for you!

Never thought I'd be doing this - here's my updated string! :stitch::figment::ccat:

masupo---$110-$5122-39-OKW-Oct-0/20, 39/21, 39/22- sent 7/9, passed 8/10

You may feel it’s working on you, but based on the resale prices of late, I’d say they are failing miserably deterring the resale market as a whole.

I’d go so far as to say the recent direct price increases have been as much about the rise in resale prices as it is direct demand. We all watch here, the resale brokers reports, advice from sales associates, and the OC website, but the only company that truly knows how much people are paying for these contracts across all the brokers is Disney. That’s a significant sales data collection tool that they pay very little to acquire, and I’m sure they use it to their advantage.

Totally agree with you on the data collection. If their goal is to deter the resale market, they are failing. IMO that is a foolish goal anyway. A robust resale market helps sell their direct product. If they want more people to choose direct, then they should narrow the price gap between resale and direct (this actually seems to be happening). What is unclear is if they are using ROFR to try to drive people to direct or just to push direct pricing higher (as you suggest). One thing is clear - they are selling A LOT of points at the "sold out" resorts versus Riviera/Aulani.

I disagree. As resale prices go higher and higher, and get closer to the cost of buying direct, more people will buy points from Disney. I know I am. Why should I pay the current resale price of VGF, a range from $175-$200, when I can buy the 325 VGF2 points I need later this year potentially in the low $200s? This situation could easily repeat itself elsewhere at WDW, and is starting to already.

The ability to use the direct points at new DVC resorts is also significant, and will get more so as new construction resumes, which is inevitable. And as we get closer to 2042, resale will be undermined by the loss of BWV, BCV, BRV, and more. Resale owners will not only be shut out of these, but all the cool new resorts Disney will build down the line, possibly sooner rather than later.

The resale purchase process is, as we all know, a bit of an interminable nightmare, which Disney has no reason to improve. I just think they’re playing the long game, and starting to succeed at it.

"Don't just fly, soar." - Timothy Mouse ("Dumbo")

A perfect quote as we send our kids back to school (where did the summer go?) We all know it's the family memories made together that mean the most and with that, big congrats to the following 32 awesome families that will be making incredible memories after having passed ROFR over the last few days!

As always, THANK YOU to everyone for another incredible week of making magic here at the DVC RESALE MARKET - stay safe & magical
🙂

NOLTE
ELLIOTT
DATTOLI
RATLIFF
KNIGHT
FARNSWORTH
LABELLA
KITCHEN
FERRELL
HEAP
BOOTH
HALL
SCHUMAN
PERRY
GARRETT
KERWICK
VENUTO
JONES
MAHONY
MADDOX
CARUSO
BARWINSKI
LINK
VAN CLEEF
CROUCH
WOODWARD
KNOLL
STORM
FIKE
NITA
QUAGLIERI
BRIGHT

I feel you on this. We are day 45 and
they just do this to make resale less attractive. not rocket science.

I have a contract with deed recorded 7/22 (closed 7/21). The email from the broker when I closed said to expect points 2-3 wks. Since I haven’t seen the membership or points yet I decided to email DVC MA. Their auto reply says you will receive a response within 5 business days…..wow that seems like a long time just for a Q&A…so with all that i agree. Makes resale less attractive.

I’ve done direct and resale and honestly the convience is beginning to outway the discount (+ unrestricted points). When I add VGF points I will be doing direct. That’s not to say I wont ever do resale again (have another one in for ROFR currently) but I will probably consider direct more seriously.

I’m not implying everyone should follow suit. To each their own! Everyone should do what works best for them and their situation

Status
Not open for further replies.

facebook twitter