ROFR Thread July to Sept 2021 *PLEASE SEE FIRST POST FOR INSTRUCTIONS & FORMATTING TOOL*

Status
Not open for further replies.
Dang, that is super fast. My estoppel took 3 weeks.
I was shocked! We are using Magic Vacation Title because I didn't find this board until after I put in my offer so I didn't know I could pick someone else. Apparently Magic Vacation is one of the slowest. I called our title admin on Friday out of curiosity and about fell out of my chair when she said estoppel was back but our closing is not till August so it would be a while. I politely said that was not going to work we would like to get that moved up, we will see how long it takes to get docs.

I was shocked! We are using Magic Vacation Title because I didn't find this board until after I put in my offer so I didn't know I could pick someone else. Apparently Magic Vacation is one of the slowest. I called our title admin on Friday out of curiosity and about fell out of my chair when she said estoppel was back but our closing is not till August so it would be a while. I politely said that was not going to work we would like to get that moved up, we will see how long it takes to get docs.
That’s how it should be in my opinion. I don’t see why Disney can’t do ROFR and estoppel at the same time. My contract also had a slightly delayed closing but I asked for all the final paperwork to be done beforehand so the contract could close immediately after the owners took their trip. Good luck!

What's the longest ROFR time you've seen? Have a HH contract that was sent on May 25th and still no news yet. Keep seeing ROFR sent in early June/mid June that came back, but nothing for me. Even sent an email to the broker and he stated nothing was received back yet. Trying to be patient, but sucks when seeing contracts that were sent 2-3 weeks after mine already have an answer lol.
If it’s any help, we’ve had a 50pt VB contract in ROFR since that date too. Title company insist they’ve not heard as well. It’s frustrating, we’ve been through this a number of times and not had to wait this long!

Does anyone know if the network shutdown that's happening this month affects estoppel? I'm expecting my ROFR to happen before the 18th, but not estoppel. Really want to close asap (who doesn't!) so we can book our trip in February, and I'm hopping that the shutdown won't slow down our sale too much.

Does anyone know if the network shutdown that's happening this month affects estoppel? I'm expecting my ROFR to happen before the 18th, but not estoppel. Really want to close asap (who doesn't!) so we can book our trip in February, and I'm hopping that the shutdown won't slow down our sale too much.

I am going to say yes. The info on the member website indicates it will even impact ability to add on, so I think anything and everything related to DVC will be on hold. I am waiting to close on two contracts...one as buyer and one as seller...and its not looking good either will make it to MA before this shutdown.

I’ve used all of the title companies out there, and for me they’ve all been pretty much the same. Sometimes the process happens quickly, sometimes it doesn’t. There are many factors the title companies don’t control that can slow down a closing.

Did they give any reason why it took so much longer for this one to pass?
Nope, had inquired last week with the broker because so many that were sent after mine already had responses and they didn't have a reason why, just that Disney hadn't responded yet. Not sure if it was lost somehow....if that's even a thing lol. Oh well, at least it passed

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter