• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

ROFR Thread January to March 2019 *PLEASE SEE FIRST POST FOR INSTRUCTIONS & FORMATTING TOOL*

Status
Not open for further replies.
loaded to the tits
:rotfl2:

Yes, I am, in fact, 12 years old. :lmao:

As someone considering buying - what broker should I avoid here? What a nightmare.

ETA: Saw it was fidelity. Thanks.

They often have some great deals though. Remember, it's short term pain for long term gain, so don't rule them out. You can always choose a different title company for closing.

:rotfl2:

They often have some great deals though. Remember, it's short term pain for long term gain, so don't rule them out. You can always choose a different title company for closing.

Even with the almost 6 weeks wait for closing documents I would not avoid Fidelity but thanks to this super thread, I will know to ask for another title company :rolleyes1

Even with the almost 6 weeks wait for closing documents I would not avoid Fidelity but thanks to this super thread, I will know to ask for another title company :rolleyes1
Remember, the buyer gets to pick per Florida law. The broker can suggest or encourage a closing agent, but it's the buyer's choice in the end.

Wow- surprised your documents are taking so long. My contract passed ROFR on 2/12 and I got my document last night and will be returning today. I am working with Buy & Sell DVC and Duncan Title. Been really easy except for the long ROFR time (34 days).

It is very annoying to say the least, especially since the title company for one of my other resale contracts took only 9 days and another one took only 8 days to get my closing documents :rolleyes1 I e-mailed the contracts coordinator at Fidelity today asking when I will be getting my closing documents but have not heard back yet :sad2: I have used Buy and Sell DVC and they were great :cool1: I am glad your experience has been so positive :thumbsup2 Is this your first contract, KPererso?

Been stalking for a deal on a Feb UY for the past 6 weeks or so and threw our hat in the ring on this one. (As others have been discussing, Fidelity is not stellar with communication, but deals are certainly more prevalent on that site.)

princessbride6205---$91-$6219-57-OKW-Feb-0/18, 57/19, 57/20- sent 2/27

MB_01---$103-$18391-160-AKV-Jun-0/17, 0/18, 320/19, 160/20- sent 3/1

I'm going to turn over a new leaf and remain patient on this one. I'll wait until Monday to call and see if it passed ROFR or not!
Hehee your post made me smile :)
Day 29 for me - having my fingers, toes, and eyes crossed make it very difficult to get anything done - other than check my emails lol

It is very annoying to say the least, especially since the title company for one of my other resale contracts took only 9 days and another one took only 8 days to get my closing documents :rolleyes1 I e-mailed the contracts coordinator at Fidelity today asking when I will be getting my closing documents but have not heard back yet :sad2: I have used Buy and Sell DVC and they were great :cool1: I am glad your experience has been so positive :thumbsup2 Is this your first contract, KPererso?

This is actually my 5th contract - I have 3 direct contracts (SSR, VGC, AKV) and 2 resale ones (VGC, AKV). I have worked with Buy&Sell both times and really like them a lot. I HOPE that I am now done and have enough points. I originally was going to wait a little longer to buy another contract, but Disney kind of forced my hand (oh and I got a large check in December that I kind of earmarked for the purchase anyway).

This is super fun to post! This was with Fidelity. I called today for a follow-up and I passed yesterday. They say American title is backed up as well. So we will see when I get the closing papers, but at least i know i passed...

rundisney79---$118-$27130-210-BWV-Dec-420/18, 210/19, 210/20-Seller Pay MF 17&18- sent 1/30, passed 2/28

This is super fun to post! This was with Fidelity. I called today for a follow-up and I passed yesterday. They say American title is backed up as well. So we will see when I get the closing papers, but at least i know i passed...

rundisney79---$118-$27130-210-BWV-Dec-420/18, 210/19, 210/20-Seller Pay MF 17&18- sent 1/30, passed 2/28

Yay!!! Those will be nice points to spend :-) Congrats!!!!

Nice! So glad you got that one.

Ladylvstramp---$125-$23029-175-BLT-Feb-0/18, 85/19, 175/20, 175/21-Dues Pro Rated- sent 2/20 passed 3/1

CAN YOU BELIEVE IT I AM STILL IN SHOCK !!!
Great contract! Yay.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter